Sunday, November 10, 2013

Blog Tour: Rock the Beat by Michelle Valentine

 
 
Twenty-year-old Holly Pearson never dreamed that while working at her father’s motocross track she’d run into the walking, talking definition of trouble in a sexy, tattooed package—Trip Douglas, the man sent to evaluate the track for a possible investment opportunity. Holly makes no attempt to hide the fact she despises Trip, but she learns to be civil toward him when he offers to help her land the man of her dreams.

Trip needs a break from the crazy rock-and-roll lifestyle he’s been living for the past few years. With his Black Falcon band mates settling down with marriage and babies, Trip peruses an investment opportunity in motocross, something he’s always been passionate about. Hiding his celebrity status, Trip infiltrates the new business posing as a dirt bike rider training for the X-Games. The only obstacle is the owner’s daughter, Holly. She’s a real ball bustin' Ice Queen, and she’ll do whatever it takes to make the deal fall through. Trip soon discovers that winning over his new enemy is the key to gaining a partnership in Mountain Time Speed Track.

Knowing he’s the expert on getting laid, Trip ropes Holly into becoming his ally by helping her score a date with the man she’s crushing on. The problem is, the more time Trip and Holly spend together, the more they uncover the undeniable attraction between them. Soon they both realize that even the best laid plans go to hell when you find you’re falling in love with the enemy.

**Book THREE in the Black Falcon series. Can also be read as a stand-alone novel**

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17610212-rock-the-beat
 



Character Name: Trip Douglas
  • Birth Date: October 14th
  • Place of Birth: Ashland, Kentucky
  • Current Residence: Paintsville, Kentucky
  • Height: 6’1”
  • Weight: 195
  • Hair Color: Black
  • Hair Length: Short
  • Eye Color: Green
  • Tattoos: Sleeves on both arms, back, and chest
  • Educational History: High School graduate
  • Work History: Drummer of Black Falcon
  • Quirks: Wears bandanna on his head, being an identical twin
  • Key Adult Experiences: Achieving musical fame
Trip Douglas (born October 14th), is the drummer for the American heavy metal band Black Falcon. Trip is best known for being the crazier of the two Douglas Twins. His triple-thumping foot pedal sound became a trademark for the band.
Trip began playing instruments under the guidance of his musician father along side his twin brother Tyke, but his interest in playing in a band grew once he discovered his love for hard rock music. He joined a band called Dingy while in high school with his brother Tyke and his best friend Zachary ‘Riff’ Oliver. Later the band was renamed to Black Falcon after the addition of the bands new front man, Noel Falcon.
Trip also enjoys extreme spots, such as dirt bike riding, rock climbing, and sky diving, making him the most adventuress member of the band. His dream is to one day climb Mount Everest. 
I pull a pair of sunglasses out of my pocket and slip them on my face. “I’m new in town.”

“Is that right?” I don’t care for the snide tone in his voice. No one challenges me even a little bit and gets away with it.
I stiffen my back. “Yeah. That’s right. What of it?”

Jackson raises his eyebrows. “It’s just I know all the riders around here.”

“Like I said, I’m new, and to be honest I don’t care for the fucking third degree you’re trying to give me. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll back off. Now.”

He narrows his eyes at me. “Maybe you don’t get how things work around here, so I’m going to fill you in. I run this place. Nothing goes on around here without my okay.”

I laugh. “That’s funny, because I sure as hell swooped in and stole your girl from under your nose.”

He shakes his head. “You and I both know I can get Holly back anytime I want her. When I get tired of fucking around and I’m ready to settle down, she’ll take me back. Don’t doubt my hold on her. I own her.”

My fingers curl into fists at my side. I know the plan is to make him want her back, but after talking to this motherfucker, I know she deserves better. The urge to protect her rages inside me. “That’s what you fucking think. I’d like to see you try and take her from me.”

Jackson smirks. “Care to place a bet on that?”

Is this asshole for real? He has no idea who in the hell he’s challenging. “I don’t need to gamble on something that I know is a sure thing.”

He steps closer, invading my personal space. “I was with her two years. I could fuck her right in front of you if I wanted.”

“Watch your fucking mouth. I swear if you say one more thing about her—”

“You’ll what?” he dares me. “Hit me? Do you know who I am, pretty-boy? My lawyers will eat you for breakfast.”

His threat doesn’t even faze me and it’s obvious he has no clue who I am, and that I don’t give a fuck about the law. It’s never stopped me from ripping into someone’s ass before, and it’s not going to start now. “Talk about her like that again, and see what happens.”

Jackson’s tongue touches the corner of his mouth as he wears a smug smile. “You don’t know what you’ve fucking started. I’m going to take her away from you now just because I can. Your days are numbered, prick.”

The muscle in my jaw flexes. “Keep telling yourself that, while I’m in her room at night tasting that sweet pussy.”
 
 Amazon 
 
 
 
 

Trip! Trip! Trip!
First off- I'm a Riff girl! Hardcore, pile of golden tickets having, Riff girl!
I LOVE HIM!
Trip Douglas tested my loyalties BIG TIME and now I'm still a Riff girl just with a little Trip on the side!

With time off from Black Falcon due to Noel & Riff spending some much deserved family time with Lanie, Aubrey, and their kids, Trip decides to keep himself busy and look for some other business opportunities. He learns of a struggling motocross track, Mountain Time Speed Track, in Arizona.

Trip decides to go incognito as an employee of a possible investor when in actuality he is the real investor. Trip sees this as a chance to feel the situation out, not as Trip Douglas drummer of Black Falcon, but as a normal guy. What he didn't consider was that the business's owner, Bill's, daughter Holly would give him a run for his money and his heart.


Holly has just been dumped by her cheating, asshole, sleaze ball of an ex and motocross celebrity, Jackson Cruz, after dating for two years. Holly is heartbroken that someone she loved would do this to her and when a few weeks pass she finally decides to start living again.

She is shocked to see the hottie from the bar the night before come walking into the office and my oh my did Trip make a rather lasting impression-



“Tell me, sugar tits, did the last guy get your panties in a bunch? I’ll be happy to untwist them, if you like? You’d be amazed how it’ll pop that stick right out of your ass. And with a fine-ass body like yours, I’m a great volunteer and I’d consider it a public service.”

Holly is shocked to learn that Trip is working for the investor that could possibly save her family's business. Bill asks Holly to play nice and show Trip around the track.

When Trip learns that Holly was done wrong by her ex he decides to help her out and pretend to be her new boyfriend to make Jackson jealous. Holly agrees to this because she wants Jackson to want her again and what better why then to have moved on with a insanely sex tattooed hottie?!?

One of Trip's first lessons?
Dirty talk- YUMMY!



“Cover that thing up.”
“Thing? What are we in fifth grade? It’s a cock, Holly. Call it what it is…Look, men want women who aren’t afraid to talk dirty. This can be our first lesson in how to catch a guy’s interest. If you want me to cover up, quit being a scared little virgin, and grab my attention. Look me in the eye and tell me to cover my cock.”
I roll my eyes. “This is ridiculous.”
“You want my help or not?” When I don’t answer right away, he drums his fingers on the counter. “I’m waiting…I can stand here like this all day. I have no problem showing off what God blessed me with, and when I say blessed, well, you know. You’ve seen it.” He chuckles
“Cover your fucking cock, you dirty manwhore.”
“There may be hope for you after all, sweetness. We’ve still got a lot of work to do, though. We’ve got to keep working on making that pretty little mouth of yours dirty.”

Not only does Trip teach Holly the ins and outs of dirty talk- he throws it right back at her.
If you've read ANY of my reviews you know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a dirty talking alpha male- LOVE THEM!!!

    “Since you are oblivious as to what men see when they look at you I’m going to be blunt. I know myself well enough to know if I would’ve gotten a taste of that sweet little pussy of yours, I would have a full-on addiction. I could never maintain a purely professional relationship with you if that ever happens. I’ve tasted your lips, and that alone has me constantly thinking about you. I can’t even begin to image what being buried deep inside you would do to me.”
  YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Holly thinks she wants Jackson back in all actuality she is falling fast for the Trip.
Trip has not doubts AT ALL that he wants Holly- period!

 I have to do whatever I can to prove to her that she can move on and love someone else—even if that someone else is me...And I can’t deny that I want her. She’s on my mind way too much and it’s driving me crazy.


When Holly finally sees asshole Jackson for the total douchebag that he is, she gives in to the one thing that she has been denying herself and that my friends is Trip!

Hot! Hot! Hot!


“God, you’re all I want, Holly. I’ve dreamed of this moment since I first kissed you,” Trip says. “You’re the only woman that’s ever drove me crazy like this…Just say the words. Tell me you don’t want to be with Jackson, that you really want me. I don’t think I can stand by and watch him touch you one more goddamn day. You belong with me.”



But of course we know that Trip is keeping his true identity from Holly.
When Holly finds out that Trip is not only the investor who is wanting to save Mountain Time Speed Track but that he is also the drummer of a rock band worth millions will she be able to look past all of that to see the real Trip or will she run the other way?

 


...and we fade into our always.


***********************************************************

I am a hardcore Michelle Valentine lover- I'm a Valentine Vixen and of course a Black Falcon groupie. The fact that I LOVED this book isn't a shocker. I laughed and got mad, I smiled and then cried. My emotions were all over. I thought I had a few things figured out and then BAM- nope I was totally wrong. The scene and confession between Trip and Bill (Holly's dad) completely had me crying like a baby- it was beautiful in its heartbreak. I loved every moment of the story and I loved that we got a little bit of Noel & Lanie and Riff & Aubrey with their babies- too sweet! And of course we can't forget Tyke.
My only issue? I need more NOW.
I'm hoping we get a novella for Trip and Holly but then- GIVE.ME.TYKE!

If Michelle's name is attached to a book you better believe this girl has it on her TBR and is anxiously awaiting its arrival...Rock the Beat was no different.

I had all these expectations for the dirty mouthed Trip Douglas and he shattered them in the best ways.

My heart ran the gamut in this one. It swelled with joy till it shattered with pain and then repaired itself. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more, I got angry, I was sad, I felt joy, hope, and well flushed...cause come on ladies this is a Black Falcon hottie we're discussing here! And Trip's deliciously naughty mouth had my cheeks flaming! Joking aside and not knowing what's to come for the series, for me anyway, this book was the heart of it all.

While on some down time Trip heads out to Arizona, incognito, to scout out a failing motocross family run business as an investment opportunity. What he doesn't expect is Holly Pearson, smart, sexy and beautiful, she doesn't immediately take to Trip's direct come-ons. Having just had her heart betrayed and worrying about her family business and ailing father she is on guard...despite her intense physical attraction to him.

In an attempt to get along and put the business first, Trip and Holly make a deal that quickly winds up blurring the lines between business and pleasure. When things come to a head and all that sexual tension is finally released there is no keeping these two from each other.

As they get closer, Trip deals with latent feelings from a past betrayal and struggles to tell Holly the truth about himself. It's the one thing he fears might send her running.

Holly has her own issues to contend with, the secret behind her father's health, about her mother, the real bastard her ex is to the man she thought she wanted back, and the sick twisted shit her best friend, Max dealt with and held on to to keep her in his life.

I have to say Jackson Cruze, Holly's ex, outright disgusted me. From the moment we meet him I wanted to throat punch his douchey ass. And I loved Trip and Max a million times more for standing up to him in all the ways they did.

And Michelle...Bill (Holly's father)...that moment...you know what I'm talking about...I literally felt like someone slapped me. I thought I had things figured out but I was so wrong and in that moment everything crushed in on me. I still get a little teary just thinking about it.

It was awesome seeing the rest of the band and the ways in which they've stayed the same yet changed so completely. There was definitely a few shocks and twists and WTF moments that left me reeling. Tyke has me a little worried which makes me anxious to get my hands on his book cause I really need inside his head.

I got so lost in Trip and Holly and was so pleasantly surprised by what a tender story the two shared, at this point I couldn't even tell you what my original expectations were just that I know they were exceeded. They both had scarred hearts and managed to push through the fears of what caused those scars to heal and love each other. Like I said...heart


 
Rock the Beat is book 3 in the Black Falcon series. I highly suggest you meet Noel in books 1 and 1.5 then Riff in books 2 and 2.5.

If you have read the first couple books you know who Trip Douglas is…. Hot, sexy, tatted up drummer for Black Falcon. I personally have always been a Noel girl since the very beginning but Trip and I share a love of motocross so he moved up my book boyfriend ladder pretty darn fast!

Black Falcon is on a short break right now since Noel & Riff have settled down and built families for themselves. Trip is bored with all his time off and decides to look into investing into another past time he loves, motocross.

Holly Pearson is the daughter of Bill Pearson, owner/operator of a Motocross training track in Arizona. The family business is failing so Holly moved home after her spring semester of college finished up. Holly was sad to leave college but excited to be back with her Dad and her boyfriend Jackson Cruze. Jackson is a douche of a boyfriend. After he stands her up for their two-year anniversary he comes to her and breaks her heart telling her he has been cheating on her for the last year. Welcome home Holly! Ugh my heart broke for her during this chapter. Thankfully Holly’s best friend Max is totally awesome. Max is over letting her mope after two weeks and takes her out to a club to let loose. Trip and Holly share a steamy dance in the club but Max pulls Holly away when things are headed to the bedroom, and she doesn’t think she will see Trip again…. But guess what? Fate has something else in mind. Trip is the new potential investor for her Dad’s business!

There is some major chemistry going on between the two as the story moves forward. After a run in with Jackson at a restaurant Trip decides he wants to be friends with Holly and help her make Jackson jealous. Of course once you start playing with emotions someone is bound to get burned. Throughout the book you can’t help but fall in love with Trip. He has a sweet side to him even though he is this major rock star that just makes you swoon. The conversations Trip has with Bill made me tear up multiple times. Holly has been dealt a really crappy card in life but seeing her push through and move forward made me smile. Max is just simply amazing. He loves Holly and would do anything for her, you find out how much he has dealt with to keep her happy. My heart hurt for him towards the end of the story but Trip and Holly help him out and you will be smiling by the time they’re done.

I am a huge fan of Michelle Valentine and the Black Falcon Series. Rock the Heart was my first rocker book and ever since then I have been hooked. My only minor complaint about the story is I felt like we didn’t see enough of the other guys in the band. They entered at the end of the story and then it was done. I was left wanting more. I know Tyke’s story is next and that makes me sad just thinking about it. I would love one more story after his about Black Falcon going back on tour. (I am now in concert mode shouting BLACK FALCON, BLACK FALCON, ENCORE, ENCORE!!!)


 
 
 
 

Michelle A. Valentine is a Central Ohio nurse turned New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of erotic and New Adult romance. Her love of hard-rock music, tattoos, and sexy musicians inspired her erotic BLACK FALCON series.

Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads Author Page


No comments:

Post a Comment