Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hers by Dawn Robertson Review



I am weak.
I am lonely.
I am a slut.
I am strong.
I am Dominant.
I am independent.
I am Seven James.

My entire life, no one has wanted me, and that was fine, because I sure as shit didn't need anyone else. Blah, Blah Blah, insert sad story here about negligent parents, and shitty siblings, and you have my life story in a nut shell. When my college boyfriend dumped me, it was just icing on the cake. Five years, and a booming career later I am here to collect my revenge.

That was until a delicious plaything walked into the kink club I frequent, and rocked my typically un-rockable world. Causing me to break the one rule I have lived by since Daniel Alexander walked out of my life, never have sex with the same person twice. Ever.

Warning!!!! Hers contains sexually explicit situations that may be uncomfortable for some. These include FF, FMF, and MFM interactions



Seven James.
Sexy.
Tattooed.
Badass in the boardroom.
Badass in the bedroom.

The best part? Seven James is a female.
That’s right! She is a badass FEMALE!!!

I love when authors think outside of the box.
A sexy badass in the boardroom is usually a male.
A sexy tattooed badass in the bedroom is usually a male.
While I LOVE both types of characters, something about flipping it and making the badass a female is just…well…it’s badass.

Seven James has been burned by a lot of people in her life.
Her parents? Sex crazed hippies that didn’t really want her.
Her brother? An asshole who always reminded her of this fact and who degraded her and belittled her at every turn.
Her ex-boyfriend, Daniel? Ditched her after years of being together for someone else.
Her best friend and fuck buddy, Star? The only person she’s really ever loved but that has burned her so many times during their friendship but she has managed to push that aside and they have remained best friends, sisters, despite this.

Seven frequents New York kink club, Sinners and Swingers, where she is known as Mistress Marilyn.
She’s looking for a good fuck, one that she can dominate but once she has had them once, it’s no more.
No strings attached.
Done. Over. Adios.

Fresh meat and hottie in a suit, Levi, catches Mistress Marilyn’s eyes from across the room his first night at the club.


Sparks fly so of course she takes him back to her penthouse and into her playroom.
Their night together?
HOT! HOT! HOT!
Smoking hot! That night could have melted my Kindle it was so insanely hot.


“Tell me what you want, Levi. What will get you off?”
Not that I really care, but knowing his turn-ons would only help me draw out my own pleasure.
“Fuck me, Seven. Have your way with me.”


After kicking Levi out of her home, Seven can’t stop thinking about the man that was supposed to be nothing to her other than a way to get off. She shouldn’t still be thinking about him days later but she is…

Seven’s plan of revenge over her ex-boyfriend is in full swing once she buys out, Alexander Mobile, Daniel’s father’s company, taking over the job that he has wanted all his life.
When she walks into the boardroom and gets straight down to business she is surprised when she hears the voice that filled her playroom and her dreams all weekend long.
Levi Parker- one of Alexander Mobile’s board members.

Here's where I have to praise Seven and her badass boardroom actions.
She's a female but will cut every last male (or female) down to size.


"I will not be disrespected, talked down to, or trampled in my boardroom. I am not your wife, or your side piece of ass. I am your boss. If you do not like what I have to say, or the way I do business, please, get up and get the fuck out now. It will save me the trouble of firing your ass down the line. If you haven't heard about the way I do business yet, I suggest you all start asking around.”


^^^See! Told you...BADASS!
Okay, okay, I MAY have a slight girl crush on her.

Levi hasn’t been able to get Seven out of his mind since their insanely hot night together but she isn’t having it.
One and done.
She doesn’t do repeats and most certainly doesn’t do forever.
Levi isn't ok with letting Seven go. He wants her.


“When there is something I want, I get it. And I want you. I want you all the time. I want what we had...I want more. And I will get it.”


When there are problems that arise in the London offices of Alexander Mobile, Seven must make the trip to fix the problems and needs to bring a member of her team. Levi is all to eager to volunteer for the job.

After pushing Levi away, Seven finally gives in and OH.MY.GOD!
First off- I LOVE wall sex! Wall sex is H-O-T!
Wall sex against a glass wall, overlooking the sights of London where anyone can see you if they look up?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh…um…YES PLEASE!


“Fuck me, Levi. Fuck me hard against this wall for all of fucking London to see.”



Seven and Levi individually are smoking hot.
Seven and Levi together? There are no words.


Can the tattooed and broken business woman with scars from her past and the clean cut business man hell bent on making her truly his find happiness even though they are worlds apart?
Or will the people and ghosts of their pasts tear the happiness and the forever that neither were expecting to come along?





Dawn Robertson is a twenty-something indie erotic romance, and mother.  She lives in sunny senior citizen packed Florida, where she wrangles her kids, and Pitbull puppy.

Dawn can normally be found swearing like a sailor, making late night drive-thru appearances, arguing with her kids (or being run over by their power wheels),  reading a steamy romance while hiding in her bathroom, writing her little heart out on her laptop (or dragging her Macbook to the Genius bar praying they can save her latest work in progress), or sipping on a smoothie. She loves to hear from her fans, readers, and authors alike. Feel free to drop her a message.

Dawn rarely takes life seriously, so be sure to expect heavy sarcasm from her. She is also the life of the party, so be sure to meet up with her at one of the many author events she will be attending in the next couple months. Buy her a shot of whiskey, and she will love you for life.



No comments:

Post a Comment