Saturday, November 9, 2013

Wasted Heart by Nicole Reed

WH Blog Tour Banner image (1)
add-to-goodreads-button31

ROCK STAR? RECOVERING ADDICT? MURDERER?
Yeah, they all hold true.
How can you explain to someone what it's like not to care? Not about yourself or the person standing next to you. I've lost that, the ability to feel and show affection.
I DO, HOWEVER, HAVE A HEART.
Sometimes, when I chase the dragon, it thunders through my head like a drum, reminding me it still beats.
It's still there.
HOLLOW. EMPTY. WASTED.
My agent says I have one more shot. A single, solitary chance to stay in the music biz, but there is one massive problem.
HER. SYN LANDRY.


****5 addictive stars****
Once upon a time I read a book.
This book was about a girl who was beyond damaged and hurt by circumstances beyond her control. She was lost and broken and no one could fix her, no one could help her. She turned to someone to help ease the pain that she was feeling and to escape reality, to escape life.

She eventually healed with the help of someone who loved her- but she left behind someone else who loved her as well. Someone that in his own screwed up way healed her too.

Rhye Clark was the one left behind- not anymore. 
Love.
A four letter word.
So beautiful in its spelling.
So simple in its arrangement.
So innocent in its meaning.
So fragile in its time.
So devastating in its aftermath.
Rhye Clark has wasted years of his life.
He is the lead singer of the dissolving rock band, The Mavericks, and he has one more chance to get it right. He has been going down a steep slope for many years due to loss and drug addiction.
"Life is plain out shitty sometimes. It sucks. But Rhye, I promise it’s better than being dead. This is it. Your one shot. Your one chance. Not at singing. Not at playing. At living.”
Rhye heads to Nashville to work on the band's next album and he isn't too happy about the rules they are enforcing- mandatory drug testing, strict curfew, and even a live-in life coach. To say Rhye is pissed about all this is an understate.

While in Nashville, Rhye meets Syn Landry, country singer/song writer, who literally annoys the hell out of him. With her country twang and eyes that see too much, Rhye knows it's best to stay far away from Syn.



Syn has already had her heart broken once by someone she loved and doesn't plan to have it happen again but the feelings that she quickly develops for the broken rock star are soon too strong that she can't hide them and she doesn't want to deny them.
I’ve fallen for him… into a million pieces. Separately, the pieces don’t make a lick of sense, but together, all my questions in the universe are answered. I feel this is where my life has been leading me. To him.
Syn sees the broken parts of Rhye and wants to save him and help him make himself whole again. 
Drug addiction is something hard to deal with on its own but when you've suffered all the losses and all the pain that Rhye has inside of him sometimes it's just not that easy to allow anyone in.



Syn isn't willing to allow Rhye to go without a fight. 
This is why I loved Syn. She loves Rhye and absolutely refuses, regardless of how he pushes her a way, to give up on him and on what could be for the two of them.
“I’m a murderer. A drug addict. I’m no good for you. I’m no good for myself. I fucking want to die so bad that it hurts to think about taking my next breath. The blackness in my head has spread to my soul. My heart. I don’t even know if I can feel anything other than hate anymore. Right this minute, it all seems impossible. Death is my reality, and it beckons me. She sings sweetly in my ear and plays the perfect strains of music in my head,” he says, slurring all of his words; however, I understand him perfectly.
“Don’t say that. You’re not a bad person. I know. I see you."


Syn fighting for what she wants may just drive Rhye in the opposite direction or her love and understanding could also turn into the one thing that will save him and help fix the shattered and unrepairable pieces of himself that he lost long ago.


Real love is hard on the heart. 
*************************
I LOVED Ruining Me and Ruining You. I loved the storyline, the characters- EVERYTHING. I loved how Rhye, in his own ways, helped heal Jay or at the very least helped her find her way. I loved that he loved her hard regardless of how some may disagree. I loved how her story ended and thought she 100% ended up with the right guy BUT I wanted to hear Rhye's story. The broken boy with a wasted heart. I really, really enjoyed reading about Rhye and Syn BUT I wanted a little more of a complete feeling afterwards. I wanted sunshine and roses (yes I'm lame) and that's the only thing I felt I needed more on.
The only problem is now I need a Josh story- here's to hoping it's in the works!
***I was given an ARC copy for an honest review.***


BUY Wasted Heart NOW

Buy Ruining Me and Ruining You

   
BT Teaser


  
  Direct Link to Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HywQ6SUedpU 
   

 Author Pic 
  I love angst….I thrive on it, but only the fictional kind. I adore a story that grips the reader from the beginning and doesn’t let go…EVER. I’m an avid reader who just recently discovered my love of writing. My favorite things in life include my three wild & crazy kids, Reese’s Pieces, and every genre of music. I reside in the Deep South. Currently, I am writing a new adult/contemporary romance story that I can’t wait to share. I also plan to release Rhye’s story, Wasted Heart, in 2013.



  EJ Button

No comments:

Post a Comment