Saturday, December 21, 2013

Thorneless by Mia Michelle Blog Tour



** SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN’T READ BOOK ONE**
I hate him..I love him..I hate that I still love him but I do. My parents, my life, my happiness, my heart….he has officially taken all of them from me now. Yes, I am the wilting dying Rose that once belonged to Sebastian Thorne. He had given me back my life, but little did I know he was the very one who had taken it all away from me from the start. I hate him…I love him.
I never expected Lucas Drake to walk back in my life when I was at my lowest and darkest point. He promises that he will help me heal this pain, but in order to do that he says I need to get away from this town. Maybe he is right. There is nothing here for me anymore but painful memories…and Sebastian. Maybe the only way for this Rose to survive is to do the one impossible thing. I Skylar Rose… must become Thorneless.




This is the much anticipated sequel to Rose of Thorne.  At the end of Rose of Thorne we were left with quite the cliff, and it was so frustrating!! Thorneless picks up right where it left off.  In this book we get to see Skylar and Lucas together.  We get to see a broken Skylar trying to pick up the pieces of her life, and we see Sebastian suffering without his precious Rose. 

I love Lucas.  In fact, I have been team Lucas from the beginning, even though I know he most likely will not get the girl.  Lucas does not disappoint in this book.  He is incredible.  He loves Skylar with such tenderness and patience.  He gives her exactly what she needs despite how hard it is for him.  He always puts her needs above his. 

Skylar is broken at the beginning of this story.  Sebastian ruined her.  She is just trying to survive. She falls in love with two men and cannot decide whether to listen to her heart.  Skylar kind of drives  me crazy at times.  She is so indecisive and blind to Lucas’s feelings at times.  I know her world his shattered but she can’t see past her own devastation to consider anyone else for a while.  She does begin to grow and change a little bit in this story. 

This book brought the steam just as the first one did.  It might be even hotter than the first. Lucas and Sebastian do not disappoint in the bedroom or wherever they may be.

I did not like this one as much as the first which was really surprising to me since I thought I loved Lucas so much, still do actually.  This one was just a little over the top for me at times.  Towards the end there is just too much going on and almost too many wrenches thrown in to make things happen.  While this book still definitely kept my attention, and I am pretty sure I will be reading the third, it just did not consume me the way some books do.  I wasn’t so much as shocked by the wrenches thrown in, but I was more annoyed. 

If you loved the first and loved Sebastian, Skylar, and Lucas you will want to read this book.  I know you will need to know what happens next.  Mia answers a lot of our questions and gives us more.  In true Mia fashion she leaves us with a bit of a cliff, but she is kind enough to ease our fears just a little bit in the end.  





 Mia fell in love with the literary world at a very young age and began putting her active imagination to pen and paper by the age of six. Over the years, she has filled up numerous shelves with her notebooks and journals of her favorite stories. Twelve years ago, Mia began drafting The Thorne Series and through encouragement of a close friend, decided to finally take the leap of faith to bring her dream to life. She openly admits to having a hopeless infatuation with her Kindle and suffers from the one-click book addiction (No intervention required).

Mia is currently a stay at home mom who has mastered the fine art of making a PB&J sandwich in between laundry and shuttling kids to ballet and swimming. In her spare time (“What spare time?” She laughs), she enjoys photography, traveling, and having a girls night out with her pals. She enjoys the simple things in life, such as sleeping more than 3 hours per night and 10 minute showers without being interrupted by children yelling “mommy” from the other side of the bathroom door.
Mia Michelle resides in Tennessee with her soul mate and husband of 18 years and their 2 beautiful young children. She is currently working on her Masters in Counseling and drafting her new series.










No comments:

Post a Comment