Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blog Tour Review: On My Knees by Meredith Wild



Book: On My Knees
Author: Meredith Wild
Genre: Contemporary Romance




Haunted by the responsibility of caring for her troubled family, Maya Jacobs gave the only answer she could when Cameron asked her to marry him.  Years later, entrenched in a soulless professional routine, she distracts herself from the lingering regret of her decision with a “work hard, play hard” lifestyle that guarantees no man will ever find his way into her heart again.
Cameron Bridge has spent the past five years married to the military, trying to escape the painful memory of losing Maya. After fighting his own war in the desert, he starts a new life in New York City, with his siblings, Olivia and Darren, by his side.
When fate brings Maya back to him in the heart of a city filled with its own hopes and shadows, can Cameron find the girl he once loved in the woman she’s become?







This is my first Meredith Wild book and it must definitely will not be my last. I was sucked into this one something fierce.

The story starts off with out lead characters in college/ military in a committed relationship. They are spending a magical week together during a break. I LOVE a book with an amazing sex scene right in the prologue. Boy it was hot! Anyway, at the end of the week, Cameron proposes to Maya. And the outcome is heart wrenching. Maya is devastated, Cameron is devastated and I am devastated.

Five years later, they run into each other on the streets of NYC. But both of have changed so much. Maya is bitter against relationships and parties as hard as she can. Cameron is still hopelessly in love with Maya.

“I’ll take your body, but I want your heart.” ~ Cameron

Maya is a great character. She has a lifeless job just trying to get by emotionally and mentally in life. Her two best friends are booze and caffeine. Her family life growing up was non existing but she still carries on. Doing the best she can.

Cameron is just amazing. He is ex military (YUM), owns a gym and he loves Maya hard. He tended to be a bit judgey judgey which was a tad annoying and I always felt bad for Maya when he acted that way. But he love that poured out of his mouth was beyond swoon worthy.

“I want to make love to you until we can’t remember who we are. I want you drunk on nothing but us tonight.”

Meredith brought so much into this book. There was hot sex! There was undeniable connection. And most importantly, there was a message of growth. I loved watching Maya grow in this book. It was very refreshing. I highly recommend this book and I can not wait to read Cameron’s brother’s story next.




Meredith Wild is a USA Today and international bestselling author of erotic romance. She lives in Boston with her husband and three children. When she's not writing or interacting with fans, she's working with high-tech startups. 



No comments:

Post a Comment