Saturday, June 28, 2014

Book Review: Destructive (Deadly Love #1) by Jessica Prince



Men cause nothing but pain.

I live my life by these five words. For me, they have always proven to be true. Men have only brought hurt and suffering my entire life, leaving nothing but devastation in their wake.
I fear them. I hate them.

Until him.

Gabriel forced his way into my life, ripping down the walls I’ve built around myself. He wants me, and he’ll stop at nothing to have me. I should be terrified of what he makes me feel. So why do I crave him anyway?
I see the red flags and warning signs, but I just can’t help myself. I’m his obsession. I thought he was my salvation. But now I know his love could destroy me.





I have seen this book around Facebook and was super excited to read it. I love the basis of the book, girl with horrible past and hot rich man rides in like a knight in shining armor but he is really a knight?
Marley grew up with her crack head mother not knowing her father. She was forced to do horrible and awful things.
“Feeling numb is the only thing that kept me alive all these years. If I were able to feel anything, the misery that is my life would have drowned me long ago.” ~ Marley
Marley was able to break free and start again but she had a mantra, “Men cause nothing but pain.” She was focused on herself and keeping her walls up protecting herself from everyone including her two best friends. Despite Marley’s horrible past, she was a strong woman and I absolutely loved that she stood up to Gabriel. She gave in a lot in the end but it was always for good reason.
That was until Gabriel walked into the bar Marley worked at. Gabriel was a successful business man with a dark side. They had an instant connection and no matter what they were drawn to each other. Gabriel helped Marley open up and take down some walls.
The story was slightly predictable until BAM! I didn’t see that coming at ALL!

This was a great story with great characters, especially both Marley and Gabriel’s best friends. This book ends in a cliffhanger so be warned but it was not where you want to throw your kindle, you just want the next book sooner than the fall! 




I'm a wife, mother, wino, coffee addict and avid a lover of all types of books, but romances are my main favs. My husband likes to say reading is my obsession but I just say it's my passion... there's a difference. 

I've been writing since I was a little kid and I finally decided to take the leap and actually publish when Picking up the Pieces came to me. Now that I've been bitten by the writing bug I just can't seem to stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment