Saturday, June 28, 2014

Changing Forever by Lisa De Jong Blog Tour


Title: Changing Forever (Rain 2, can be read as a stand alone)
Author: Lisa De Jong
Age Group: NA
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Cover Designer: Mae I Design




I’ve always let my past dictate my future, letting it paint a picture of exactly what I don’t want to be. Where I don’t want to end up.

Drake Chambers is as arrogant as I am stubborn. A college quarterback, a national star. I thought he was just another one of those guys … the type every girl should stay away from, but he’s carrying more than the weight of the football team on his shoulders.

He unravels the feelings and beliefs I’ve held onto for so long.

I thought we had it all figured out. Two people who’d finally found their happily ever after, but the past always has a way of sneaking into the present.

With one decision, everything changes … forever.




I was so excited when I saw this book sitting on my kindle waiting for me. I absolutely loved When It Rains and HAD to read this one and let me tell you I was not disappointed one bit. 

Changing Forever is Emery and Drake’s story. It was not as emotional as When It Rains, but it has it’s fair share of pulling at your heart strings.  Emery is Kate’s, from When it Rains, roommate. She hasn’t had a very easy life. She has put everything she has into getting into college with a scholarship and has no plans to let anything get in her way. 

Then enters Drake Chambers. He is the super hot quarter back of the college’s football team. He has one thing on his mind, and that is to finish college and get into the pros. He has too much at stake taking care of his mom and two sisters to let anything get in his way. 

Emery and Drake are assigned to work together in their first class together. Neither really like each other at first but also feel something, not really sure why each other are getting under their skin. It was a nice change of pace to have the main characters not fall instantly in love. I loved their banter back and forth and when they first get together….boy was it hot.  Their relationship wasn’t easy. They both have pasts that play a part in what they want for their future and get in the way of what they truly want, even if they don’t know it yet.

This story was heartbreakingly beautiful. I couldn’t put it down once I started and finished within 24 hours of starting. Lisa De Jong has a way of pulling you in and making you feel everything the characters are going through. I loved that we got to see Kate again, even if we were reminded why our hearts were broken to pieces in When It Rains. I can’t wait to read the 3rd book in the series, Living with Regret. It will be Rachel’s story, who was a friend of Emery and Kate’s.







Lisa De Jong is a wife, mother and full-time number cruncher who lives in the Midwest. Her writing journey involved insane amounts of coffee and many nights of very little sleep but she wouldn't change a thing. She also enjoys reading, football and music. She is the author of When It Rains, After the Rain, Plastic Hearts and Glass Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment