Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Rainfall by Melissa Delport Blog Tour

Rainfall Blog Tour Banner





Paige’s father has Alzheimers, and her fiancé is shot and killed in an armed robbery. Paige fights her depression and pulls herself out of the dark place that she has succumbed to, with monumental effort and a new-found determination to live her life to the fullest, doing things that both terrify and exhilarate her.
When Paige meets Adam, the attraction is instantaneous. Adam grew up in an orphanage and has no recollection of his life before the age of six. Paige falls head over heels in love and embraces a happiness she never dreamed possible. Until the day she finds Adam in bed with another woman. Wanting nothing more to do with him, Paige cuts Adam out of her life, until she receives a mysterious visitor, who reveals secrets about Adam's past that shock Paige to her very core. Determined to fight for the man that she loves, Paige finds herself on a journey that will change her life forever. 



“Paige,” his face is suddenly serious and, as he approaches, my heart lurches in my chest not knowing what to expect.  I don’t say a word, not releasing the breath I am holding until he reaches me and his arms come around me.  I gaze up at him, wonderingly.

“Paige,” he begins again, sounding slightly unsure of himself, “you're everything I want in this life,” he continues and I smile in relief. “You're the only person I've ever loved, the only person I'll ever love. You've stood beside me through the most unimaginable, stressful time in my life and you've never faltered. Without you I'd be lost,” his voice breaks and I reflect on the journey that has brought us here, seeing it through his eyes, believing that it is almost over.

Looking back, I should have seen it coming, but, as it was, I was so distracted by the fear of the secret that I was keeping that he took me by complete surprise with his next words.

“I want to marry you Paige. Here; now; in Ireland.”

I am so shocked that I take an involuntarily step backward. Adam looks so hurt and so fearful of rejection that I immediately step closer to him and take his hand, reassuringly, but before I can speak he does.

“I know it’s sudden and I’m sure you want your family with you, but I just think that this,” he gestures at the garden with a sweep of his arm, “this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I’ve spoken to the O’Reilly’s; they’ve had loads of weddings here; they can arrange the whole thing.” He smiles down at me, “All you have to do is get yourself a dress?” He lets the question hang and I consider my options.

How can I possibly marry a man against his will?  Simon hates me.  This would be the lowest, most dreadful thing I could do to him. It takes away his free will. But Simon isn’t here. Adam is here. Adam is the one who is asking me this beautiful question and looking down at me with all the love in the world reflecting in his eyes. And I can’t tell him the truth.  I can’t lose him. I think of the new, ever-increasingly frantic messages from Carl Sheldon that have been coming through on my phone, messages that I am hiding from Adam.

I think of my father and what he would think, what advice he would give me and I can almost hear his voice in my head, “Tell the truth, Paige.”  I think of Kevin, of how much he loved me and yet his voice joins my father's, “Tell the truth, Paige.”  I think of my mother and the earful she would give me if she knew what I was considering.  No! I force them all from my mind and I focus only on what is right in front of me. I think of Adam, of our journey and our past, of the future that we could have together. Why is what I want so very, very wrong?  It’s like the universe is plotting against me, like nothing I want or need matters. I feel like I am living in some higher power’s idea of a sick, sick joke. I shake my head sadly, knowing that what I am about to do, what I have to do, will alter the course of our lives forever, and unwillingly, a tear tracks its way down my cheek. Adam cradles my face in his strong hands, his thumb wiping it away, his eyes searching mine for the cause of my despair.

“Paige?” he asks, panic marring his features, and I clear my throat, nodding my head determinedly and lifting my face to meet his.

“Yes, Adam,” I murmur, shutting my eyes and clearing my head of all the reasons why I should not be doing this. “Of course I’ll marry you.”


Rainfall was unlike anything I’ve ever read. It kept me hooked from the time I started to the time I read the last line. 

Rainfall is Paige and Adam’s story, and let me tell you it isn’t an easy one. Paige hasn’t had an easy life lately. Her dad is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and needs to live in a facility that can care for him. Her fiancé is killed in a robbery and just when she is getting her life back together, she meets Adam. He is instantly intrigued by her. She is unlike anyone he has ever met. I can’t go any further from there. If I were it would be a huge spoiler that I think you need to go into blindly. 

Adam has a story, one he is hiding from Paige until the day she discovers he isn’t who he says he is. From then on their relationship is a rocky one with many ups and downs, but so worth it in the end.

Rainfall isn’t your typical story where the couple meets, falls in love, has some bumps in the road, then lives happily ever after. This story will make you think, it will make you happy, it will make you sad, it will make you angry, and it will make you cry. My only issue with the book is that it takes place in the California and New York but there were words used in the book that are not typically used in the U.S. Once I got used to that it was easier to read.

This was my first Melissa Delport book. I will definitely be checking out her other books.

melissa delport .jpgWife, mother of 3, businesswoman by day and writer by night, Melissa is the author of The Legacy and The Legion (books 1 and 2 of The Legacy Trilogy), and she is currently writing the final installment of the trilogy, The Legend.
Melissa is also the self-published author of the stand-alone novels Rainfall and The Traveler (available on Amazon). An avid reader herself, Melissa finally decided to stop ‘watching from the sidelines’ and to do what is her passion. “I was driving home from work when inspiration struck, and a storyline started unravelling in my head. For a few days, it was all I could think about and eventually I realised that the only way to get it out of my head, was to put it all down on paper. I started writing, and that was that.” She lives with her husband and three children in Hillcrest, South Africa. 



FB button FINALtwitter button FinalWebsite buttonGoodreadsFINALPinterest Button FINAL
Goodreads Button with Shadow



Rainfall cover opt 1
Amazon Final




 a Rafflecopter giveaway


June 16
June 17
June 18
June 19
June 20
June 23
June 24
June 25
June 26
June 27

Rainfall Blog Tour Button
promotionsbutton with TRIM

No comments:

Post a Comment