Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Rival by Penelope Douglas Blog Tour

Rival (Fall Away, #2)


From the New Adult sensation and New York Times bestselling author of Until You 
Madoc and Fallon. Two estranged teenagers playing games that push the boundaries between 
love and war… 
She’s back. 
For the three years she’s been away at boarding school, there was no word from her. Back when 
we lived in the same house, she used to cut me down during the day and then leave her door 
open for me at night. 
I was stupid then, but now I’m ready to beat her at her own game… 
I’m back. 
Three years and I can tell he still wants me, even if he acts like he’s better than me. 
But I won’t be scared away. Or pushed down. I’ll call his bluff and fight back. That’s what he 
wants, right? As long as I keep my guard up, he’ll never know how much he affects me….




I expected the fun loving Madoc from the Bully series, and I was not disappointed.  If anything, he is more then the fun loving side kick to Jared that he was in the first two book of the series. He is the alpha male with a hidden heart- be it a little deep down at times- that you can't seem to get to know a little bit better.

Madoc and Fallon are step brother and sister who love to hate each other.  Madoc is his typical jerk of a self and basically makes it his mission to make Fallon's life horrible.   Fallon is a girl that dances to her own beat and pretty much doesn't care what others think of her- for the exception of Madoc.

Now- the story takes this weird twist with an unexpected event which splits the two of them apart.  Each of them is told a different story and they are both majorly pissed at each other based on those lies.
Fallon comes back to live with her mom and Step-father who are both no where to be seen.  Madoc is told to stay away from Fallon, but that is just not something that he can do.  He needs to know why she left and why she basicly broke is heart.

Madoc is a man with some issues that need to be resolved in his life.  Both with Fallon and with his father.  Fallon and Madoc have a chemistry that will leave you with a bit of drool coming off of your mouth. There will be times that you will wonder what the heck they are thinking and other times that you want to beat the living daylights out of one of them.  In the end, it is the rope that ties them together that will leave you speechless.  
I loved that we got more of Jared and Tate too- because what would the book be without their best friends???


Fallon and Tate
Reaching over, I turned my alarm clock to see it was only six in the morning. Tate threw her backpack on her bed and started yanking stuff out of drawers. She was still in the same clothes from last night. Usually when she spent the night at Jared’s, she came home freshly showered and dressed, ready for class. Right now, she looked rushed. 
“What classes do you have today?” she asked, not looking at me as she darted around our room. 
I swallowed the dryness from my mouth. “Um…Calc III and Sex and Scandal in Early Modern England.”
“Nice,” she teased in a deep voice. 
“The last one is a gen. ed.,” I explained, embarrassed. “Why? What’s up?”
“Do you feel like skipping?” She stuffed clothes into her backpack and then turned to look at me. “Jax showed up at Jared’s dorm this morning. No one’s heard from Madoc. He’s not returning calls, texts, IMs….” She trailed off, hands on her hips. 
“You haven’t talked to him at all lately?” I looked away, not wanting her to see the worry I was sure was on my face. 
“Yeah, Jared and I let it go at first, because we thought Madoc needed his space, and we’ve all been so busy, but if Jax is worried, and Lucas probably hadn’t had contact, either, then it’s definitely past time to check it out.” She stopped, finally taking a breath. 
She came over, tapping my leg and smiling. “So let’s go on a road trip!”



Penelope Douglas is a writer in Las Vegas. Born in Dubuque, Iowa, she is the oldest of five 
children. Penelope attended the University of Northern Iowa, earning a Bachelor's degree in 
Public Administration, because her father told her to "just get the degree!" She then earned a 
Masters of Science in Education at Loyola University in New Orleans, because she hated Public 
Administration. One night, she got tipsy and told the bouncer at the bar where she worked that 
his son was hot, and three years later they were married. To the son, not the bouncer. They have 
spawn, but just one. A daughter named Aydan. Penelope loves sweets, The Originals, and she 
shops at Target almost daily. 
Author Social links: 
Website: http://www.penelopedouglasauthor.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PenelopeDouglasAuthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PenDouglas
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/penelopedouglas/
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7139136.Penelope_Douglas

BULLY & UNTIL BUY LINKS: 
Bully - Purchase Link: 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bully-Fall-Away-Penelope-Douglas-ebook/dp/B00IJ20V4G
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bully-The-Fall-Away-Series-ebook/dp/B00IJ20V4G
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bully-penelope-douglas/1118705352






a Rafflecopter
giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment