Sunday, October 19, 2014

Love in the City Series Tour by Steph Nuss





Book One



Carter was captivated by Ellyson Evans the moment he laid eyes on her,
but she was the one girl who didn't beg for his attention.
He wanted her.
Ellyson vowed to never fall in love, because love can destroy you,
but then she met Carter Jennings.
She wanted him.
Unwilling to risk their comfortable friendship, neither confessed their desires.
Losing touch after college, a chance meeting reconnects them.
They want each other.
But love in the city is never quite that easy.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18812128-wanted-by-you



I LOVED THIS BOOK!! Wanted by You is the debut novel by Steph Nuss and she knocked it out of the park. I was hooked at the very beginning and it held on to the me the entire time.

Elly Evans and Carter Jennings have the story we all wish we had. Best friends for years who are reunited by fate. Elly and Carter met the first day of college in Intro to Psychology. They both were instantly attracted to each other but due to certain thoughts they remained best friends throughout college, never becoming more. After graduation Cater has to return to Texas to help run the family business after his dad is badly injured. Elly remains in NYC and their lives continue, just not together.

Fast forward five years and Carter is returning to New York City to teach at his alma mater, NYU. He was given a position in the English Dept. He can't to return and find out how Elly is. Because life got in the way, they drifted, but she never drifted far from his mind.

Elly became a psychiatrist and has her own clinic. She never really moved on from Carter. No one gave her butterflies like he did and she just can't seem to get him out of her head.

I loved how the ended up reuniting and how everything and everyone all tied together. This book isn't all love and flowers though. It deals with some serious issues and I will admit I cried, a lot. I loved that though. It made me feel and when an author can evoke that kind of emotion out of me I know they are doing a fantastic job at writing. I got to a certain point in the book and I was torn; I wanted to keep reading because I was that hooked, yet I was scared of it ending on a cliff (this is book one in the Love in the City series). I facebook stalked Steph and she reassured me there is no cliff and each book in the series will be about a different character. YES!! I was ecstatic for multiple reasons. One, I HATE cliffs, loathe them and two, I love a series where I fall in love with each of the characters and they all get their own story told.

The ending of this book was perfect. I loved it. I will say it left me wanting more, not in a cliff way, in a "I can't wait to see where else their story goes in the next books" kind of way. I think I know who book two is going to be about but I don't want to spoil anything. This is a MUST READ for me. Steph Nuss is now on my list of must read any book she writes because she is that fantastic. I can't wait for book two!!










Book Two


Celebrity fashion designer, Harper Jennings is only months away from turning thirty, and her dream of living a happily ever after has yet to come true.
She's given up on her fantasy.
Personal trainer and gym owner, Maverick Jones isn't thrilled about having a designer mentoring in his new clinic, but after meeting the brunette beauty face-to-face, he dreams of having his way with her.
He's ready to turn his fantasy into reality.
But when their fantasies collide, love in the city becomes more complicated than they ever imagined.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21415529-fantasized-by-you
I LOVE THIS SERIES!! I could not wait for this book to be released and I tore into it and never looked back. The Love in the City series is one of my new favorites. Each book is a standalone but they all intertwine together. The story is continuously moving and picks up right where the last one left off but with a different set of characters. I highly recommend reading them in order otherwise there will be spoilers in this book.

Harper Jennings is a fashion designer in NYC. We met her briefly in book one and I fell in love with her character. She is super sweet and isn't the rich stuck up designer snob you would expect her to be. She is down to earth and has dealt with some serious issues. As she fast approaches thirty she thinks that she will never find love and be truly happy. Little did she know Maverick Jones was about to walk into her life and change all that.

"He was smart. He was gorgeous. He was everything I'd always dreamed about. Just when I was giving up the plan, Maverick Jones walked into my life and I couldn't stop thinking about him."

Maverick Jones is sex on a stick HOT. He owns Jones Jym and has become my favorite charater. I thought that Carter was sweet and husband material. He doesn't have anything on Maverick. OH MY GOODNESS. Maverick is completely swoon worthy and I loved every minute of his story.

"When I kissed you for the first time, I knew I wanted you to be the last woman I ever kissed for the rest of my life."

SWOON!

This is the story of Harper and Maverick and I laughed, I swooned, I even cried. I became attached the characters and never let go. At first, what brings them together seems to be the one thing that will tear them apart. They both have a mutual friend that passed away yet they don't know one another. Maverick HATES the fashion industry and Harper just wants to help people beat the disease that took over her life for quite some time. Their first encounter was rough and seeing them build from that and form a true relationship was amazing. The angst level is in this book is very minimal. There are things that happen that will tear your heart out but they won't make you want to throw your kindle across the room. Harper and Maverick are my new favorite couple. Sorry Carter and Elly, but you have been replaced. Maverick is going to be VERY hard to top but I can't wait to see if Steph Nuss can do it.

My favorite part about this series is that we never know who's book is going to be next. All of the books are up on Goodreads but there are no synopsis on any of them. I love looking for clues to see who's book is going to be next. I think I have a pretty good idea who is coming next. I can't wait to see it unfold. I have a feeling the next book will be just as good if not better than this one. Each book seems to get better and better and the men in these books get hotter and even sweeter.

Another reason I love this series is because each book deals with a serious issue. The color on each cover represents the issue that is being dealt with in the book. They aren't just a little part of the book, they are something that is dealt with throughout the entire book and watching the characters evolve with it makes these books that much better. You will become attached to them and will feel like you are right there beside them while the figure everything out.

This series is one that I HIGHLY recommend.











Book Three


Pleasured By You 
Expected Release Date: January 20th, 2015
The Love in the City series continues with Bayler and Fletcher's story.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21415541-pleasured-by-you




Steph Nuss was born and raised in rural Kansas, where she currently resides with her black Labrador son named Gunner. She grew up with a passion for reading and writing. When she’s not immersed into the land of fiction, she enjoys listening to music that came before her time, watching movies and reruns of her favorite shows, and hanging out with her family and friends. She also has a bachelor’s degree in psychology that she’ll never use…unless she’s profiling her characters of course.

Email: stephnussbooks@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment