Friday, December 5, 2014

Blog Tour: Storm by Carian Cole

Book: Storm (ashes & embers #1)
Author: Carian Cole
Genre: Contemporary Romance

The calm before the storm…
I lived in the quiet stillness.   
I felt the wind rustle, warning me, telling me to get out of its path.
But I didn’t.
I never stood a chance.
A series of weather and road mishaps leaves me trapped in the middle of a blizzard with a complete stranger.  In the back of a pickup truck. For forty-eight freakin’ hours.
A stranger with long hair, tattoos, and rippling with muscle. 
A stranger with an insanely sexy voice and a wicked smile that turned my insides to jelly. 
A stranger who held me in his arms, calmed me, and then set a fire in me that I couldn’t put out.
Storm lives up to his name. Beautiful. Dangerously inviting. Tumultuous. Dark. A clash of hot and cold.
He’s used to getting everything he wants.
And now he wants me.
Some people chase storms for the beautiful thrill. What happens when the storm chases you?




Let me start by saying I liked how honest and open both characters were about the type of person they are and the type of relationships they are comfortable with. Too often we get that male lead that is a womanizer then magically falls in love with the right woman. Storm has a few exclusive friends with benefits, he doesn't date or do love...but it's not because he doesn't believe in it. Hallelujah, he believes in love! Evelyn is in a committed relationship with her long term boyfriend of twelve years (don't quote me on that, it may have been fourteen), she believes in love, monogamy and no cheating. But when these two get stranded together over the course of a few days in a snow storm, sparks fly and they both start to realize maybe there is something there neither thought they were looking for. Storm is everything Evie's boyfriend isn't, but should be, and it makes her question who she has become, who she wants to be, and where she wants her life to go. Storm never lies to Evie, he's always direct in what he wants from her and wants to know about her, he pushes her in the best ways and is there for her when she needs it most. For Storm, opening up to Evie, isn't the easiest thing. He has a lot of tragic heart ache in his past that has kept him from pursuing any type of monogamous relationship that is not just sex, but love, since he was in his late teens. But there is a draw and an undeniable pull between them that he just cannot ignore. What he makes explicitly clear to Evie is that he wants her, and even more specifically he wants her to give them a shot at being together and seeing if they could work as a couple.

The one issue I had was that I kept waiting for something big to happen to challenge Storm and Evie. The big decision was staying with her boyfriend or giving Storm and her a chance. Of course Storm wanting to be with Evie and asking her to pick him over her boyfriend is emotional for her, and you feel it, but there was never really anything that just gripped you. Storm is always clear about what he wants and even behaving in a way that lets you know he's not messing around and that Evie is his. He genuinely and openly cares for her. Despite her struggle to decide between two men, there was never any true conflict, Storm was always compliant and patient, well, as much as he could be. You could tell Evie's hesitation never had much to do with how she felt for Storm but everything to do with the fear of the unknown. I was waiting for that moment my Kindle would crack and go flying across the room because one of them messed up. Obviously those types of moments are not mandatory but it kept feeling like it was building to that moment and then it just didn't.

I loved Evie's best friend, Amy, she's one of those "I'll always have your back" kick-ass friends, and I really hope she pops up in later books. As we eventually find out, Storm is in a band with his brothers and cousins, who are equally as sexy and intriguing. Storm's band mate and cousin, Vandal's book is next and let me tell you, what you know of him and what happens at the end of Storm, leads me to believe it will be a heart breaking story for sure. This is a series I intend to keep an eye out for as Carian continues with each of the band mates books.


I have a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls that try to tame them and win their hearts. My debut series, Ashes & Embers, follows the lives of rock band members as they find, and sometimes lose, the loves of their lives.
My first novel in the Ashes & Embers series, Storm, was published in September of 2014. 
Born and raised a Jersey girl, I now reside in beautiful New Hampshire with my husband and our multitude of furry pets and spend most of my time writing, reading, and vacuuming.
*Storm has a HEA and is book 1 of the Ashes & Embers series but all books can be read as a stand-alone.  No cliffhangers.  Vandal (book 2) coming in January 2015. ***Warning. This is an adult romance book and is not intended for anyone under the age of 18. It contains graphic sex scenes and explicit language.***
 

No comments:

Post a Comment