Monday, June 22, 2015

Beat by Vi Keeland Blog Tour & Review


Title: Beat
Author: Vi Keeland





Meet Flynn and Lucky in this rock star romance!
AVAILABLE NOW!

Amazon US http://amzn.to/1MWanfu
Amazon UK http://amzn.to/1fczMX5


Watch the trailer for Beat ➜ http://bit.ly/1yZD0Am





Hard body of a man
Sings like an angel
Fucks like the devil

I was stuck between a rock(star) and a hard place.

At fifteen, his poster hung on my bedroom wall.  At twenty-five his body hovered over mine.  Every girl’s fantasy became my reality.  I was dating a rockstar.  Yet I was slowly falling for another man.  The problem was—the two men—they shared a tour bus.

Flynn Beckham was the opening act.
Dylan Ryder was the headliner.

What happens when the opening act begins to shine so bright, it seems to dim everything else in its wake?

I’ll tell you what happens.  Things get ugly.

  














Beat by Vi Keeland is sexy, scandalous and full of angst. I absolutely loved this rock star love triangle romance and recommend everyone one click this fantastic read. This dual POV novel follows Lucky Valentine and Flynn Beckham who was introduced in Keeland's Throb, but Beat can be read as a stand alone.

I won't give away the dirty details other than what is revealed in the synopsis. Lucky is dating Dylan Ryder, her childhood rocker crush and finds herself developing feelings for Flynn Beckham. The connections she has with the two men are so different and I loved how they contrasted each other. Dylan is a seasoned rock star and is older than Lucky. She wanted him as a teenager when his career was just getting started. Fate handed him over ten years later and now she's living every girl's fantasy. He loves her in his own way and wants to make a future with her. Flynn is new on the rock star scene but has a raw and natural talent. His connection to Lucky is playful, heartfelt, and laid back. Dylan is the man you dress your best for. Flynn is the man who you can lounge around in sweatpants with. If you're not a fan of love triangles, I still urge you to give this novel a chance. Nothing about her relationship with Flynn bothered me because of the dynamics of her relationship with Dylan. Vague enough for you?

I really enjoyed Beat's story from start to finish. Watching the characters develop was truly fascinating. Lucky is trying to figure out which path to take towards her future as her present is transitioning to a pivotal moment. Flynn is experiencing his first big music tour and trying to navigate the life he's worked hard for while staying grounded and humble. Dylan is a veteran in the music industry and while his days on the road aren't over, they're slowly tapering down towards their expiration date. The angst and sexual tension between these heroes and heroine made reading Beat exhilarating and addictive. I couldn't get enough and couldn't wait to see how this triangle played out.

I highly recommend you pick up your copy of Vi Keeland's Beat today! This rock star romance will thrill you until the very end.  





“So.  Give it to me straight.  What am I doing wrong?”
Ummm…absolutely nothing from what I can see.  Everything was perfect.  Don’t change a thing.  Shit.  “Could you do it again?  Maybe a different song, one you haven’t sung in a while.  So the sounds are less familiar to your body.  Sometimes that can give me a different view.”  At least I make it sound like a real thing when the words come out.
He sings again, and this time I force myself to observe.  “Hmm…your posture is great.  Most people have a tendency to favor one side of their neck, which makes them tilt a bit when they speak, and it becomes magnified when they sing, which puts strain on the muscles around the vocal cords.  Your alignment is perfect.”
“Thank you, it goes with the rest of my perfectness,” he says with a teasing arrogance that, from the little I know about him, I know isn’t real.
“You didn’t let me finish.”
“You can’t now tell me I’m not perfect.  I was already basking in the glow.”
“Actually, it was perfect…but almost a little too perfect.  Which makes me think you don’t usually stand this way when you sing.”
“It isn’t the way I normally sing.  On stage, I usually have a guitar over my shoulder.  Even if I’m not playing it, it’s there.”
“Well, I need to see you holding your instrument to assess you fully, then.”
Flynn’s eyebrows quirk up and the dirty grin on his face is unmistakable.
“The guitar.  I’d need to see you holding the guitar.
“That’s a shame.”  He shrugs, the playful smile still on his face.  “But okay.  It’s your call.  Whatever instrument you want to see me hold is fine with me.”
“How big of you.”
“So now we’re talking about the other instrument again?”
I roll my eyes, although this conversation is having more of an effect on me than I let on.

No comments:

Post a Comment