Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: Newly Exposed by Meghan Quinn



Adam James is a corn-fed, Nebraska raised, piece of man meat with a chiseled body and baby face. He is in desperate need of a paycheck and will do just about anything to get one, including stripping down to his skivvies and lathering up in baby oil.

Solo Cohan is a quirky hipster with a strong work ethic,raised by two gay dads who are head over heels in love with Harrison Ford and Star Wars, hence the name, Solo. She works for Teeg Model Management, the same modeling agency that decides to book Adam as their next up and coming model. Sparks ignite between her and Adam the minute her baby oil soaked hand connects with his practically naked body.

Even though Solo can't stop thinking about Adam during photo shoots, she quickly and awkwardly, shows Adam her distaste for male models and her inability to engage romantically with them. Adam is captivated by her nerdy talk and peculiar tendencies and sets out to make it his mission to turn the Star Wars loving hipster to the dark side, where mingling with models is widely arousing.





Meghan Quinn is one of the wittiest writers I have ever read. Her mind is something I want to crawl into and see how she comes up with her brilliant lines.

“Death by sex with my muffin… what a way to go.”
"I prefer to say... grooming the Wookie." 

The one liners are enough to have you laughing out loud one second and swooning the next. This book is so geeky and nerdy that so enjoyable. The heroine’s name was Solo as in Star Wars. She was awesome. The find of character that makes you want to best friends with her. Adam was a hottie in need of money and got roped into modeling, a world he had no idea about. I absolute loved how innocent he was and how wasn’t a cocky jerk like the rest of the Teeg models.  The characters are so likable that you never want to hit any characters over the head with your kindle.
The sex in this story was off the charts. Every sex scene was different from the last and had me fanning myself a few times.

Newly Exposed was a fantastic book to get lost in and I will forever be a Meghan Quinn fan. I really hope she makes a series with the Teeg Model family. The side characters were just great and added so much to the story and left me wanting more of them.

I received an ARC for a honest review.



When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven't turned back since. 

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.

​I currently reside in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.




No comments:

Post a Comment