Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Blog Tour: Losing Her by Cori Williams

cori williams_losing her_final

TITLE: Losing Her

SERIES: Broken Road (Book 1)

GENRE: Contemporary Romance 

AUTHOR: Cori Williams

PUBLISHER: Booktrope Publishing

Release Date: November 7th, 2015

AMAZON:  http://amzn.to/1JAwOmi


Love. I’d hated love for most of my life. I saw how it destroyed the one person I thought I could count on as it sucked him under, leaving him not to care about anything else in the world—including me. But when I didn’t close myself off, I let love consume me. Love and hate, two words that don’t often go together but that’s what I felt for him. Beneath the prince lurked a monster. Lawson Reynolds fell in love with Campbell Wynn the minute he laid eyes on her—even though he was clueless to the fact. Maybe if he had realized it sooner, he wouldn’t have lost her. Campbell Wynn had no interest in becoming another one of Lawson Reynold’s groupies. She thought she found her own happily ever after when she didn’t think they even existed. But the perfectly painted picture soon turned ugly behind closed doors. Will Lawson’s unconditional love be able to save her from the downward cycle that she refuses to break? Or will she reach the point of no return?



Losing Her is mainly set around two characters, Campbell and Lawson. They meet when Campbell is in her last year of high school and Lawson is just getting famous with his band, Jensen Outlaws. Campbell is dragged to one of their concerts and then to a Meet and Greet. They hit if off and become friends right away. This story spans their friendship and deeper feelings through the years.

I enjoyed Lawson and Campbell's relationship. The banter between the two was fun, easy, and very natural. It was soon apparent that Lawson was in it for more than an easy lay, especially since Cammie didn't give in. There were several times that I just wanted to bop both of them in the head to wake up and quit being so stubborn. Lawson was so bent on protecting Cammie, even from himself. Campbell was also trying to protect herself. GAH! They just couldn't see past protecting her. Even when they are adults, they were in their own way to the road of happiness. Lawson gave and gave and gave. Campbell, to me, seems to take and take it for granted that he would always be there ready to pick up the pieces, to protect her, and for anything else she needs, all while trying not to take from him. I know that sounds contradictory, but Campbell is very proud and independent. It is hard for her to accept help, so she tried not to, but sometimes, she just really needed it. She had some tough times from that last year of high school.

My main feeling while reading this book is frustration. I was just so dang frustrated with, mainly, Campbell. There were bits of annoyance in regards, Lawson, but mainly just Campbell. I honestly can't pinpoint what about her rubbed me wrong from the get go, but she did. I respected her decision to not spread her legs as soon as she met Lawson, but I think maybe her attitude. I just don't know. The prologue pulled me right in to the story, but I'll be honest, I had a hard time relating it to the rest of the story. It kept floating in the back of my mind... "What did it have to do with what is going on?" It was always there, nagging at me. I will say that the further I read, the more it started to make sense. I was very curious to see how it played out, though.

There were some twist that I didn't see coming, which, in hindsight, makes total sense. The overall flow of the book and the dialogue is what kept me reading. I could understand some of the decisions that Campbell made, and they made her relatable. As an outsider looking in, you want to fix situations and of course you know the best way, because you're objective. I couldn't help to root for these 2 characters. I just wanted everything to work out in their favor.

Keep in mind that this story is so far from over. A cliffy? Yes. This story kept me reading especially towards the end. I had to know the outcome. I still NEED it! I cannot, Can. Not. Wait for more!



cori williams - teaser #3 

cori williams - teaser #2



Cori Williams is a contemporary romance writer who recently relocated from Michigan to southern living in the mountains of North Carolina. When she’s not busy taking care of her three young children and sometimes fourth, aka as her husband, you’ll find her tapping away at the keyboard with music blaring and endless amounts of candy fuel at hand. Her love of reading from a very young age transferred over to a love of writing and now the stories are never ending as she creates the happily ever afters for her characters with sometimes bumpy journeys along the way. “Forever isn’t always easy.”
WEBSITE: www.authorcoriwilliams.com
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/authorcawilliams
TWITTER: @CAWilliams00
 

No comments:

Post a Comment