Friday, January 15, 2016

Never Tear Us Apart by Monica Murphy



Title: Never Tear Us Apart
Author Name: Monica Murphy
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Bantam January 5, 2016




Books-a-Million: http://bit.ly/1OPM7ym
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1iL7y7T
Penguin/Random House: http://bit.ly/1Jo0Ut7

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25738938-never-tear-us-apart




Crazy how eight years can disappear in an instant. One look at Katie Watts, and I'm a fifteen-year-old again--the one who risked everything to save a terrified girl from her twisted kidnapper. She's grown-up now--beautiful, quiet, composed--and telling her story to the world. A story that involves me in more ways than you can imagine.

She used to call me her guardian angel. Sure, I risked my life, but she was worth

dying for. I need to make contact with her. Just to ensure that she's safe. Somehow we reconnect. We become friends . . . but I want more. I want to make her mine. And she wants me too. Does she know who I am? Has she figured me out? Not yet. But she will. In the meantime, I need to make sure that whatever hold that animal had on her is gone.


So, yeah, I'm stealing these moments with her. Savoring them. Knowing, dreading, that she'll soon find out who I really am. And everything will fall apart. All because of that twisted, perverted monster sitting on death row. Her kidnapper. A convicted serial killer.


My father.









Woah. Never Tear Us Apart just tore me apart. You know the books that you finish and you look up and the rest of the world is just carrying on, yet you can't possibly think about moving on because you are so invested in what you just finished reading? That was this book. I became emotionally invested in this book.

Never Tear Us Apart is the first book I have read by Monica Murphy. It most certainly won't be my last. I have been in a serious book funk. Nothing could suck me or hold my attention. I'm happy to say I'm out of my book funk and am craving more books. Mind you, it took me a few days to get there because I was still wrapped up in Never Tear Us Apart. This book gave me a serious book hangover. It was all I could think about. My heart broke for Katie and Ethan.

Kathryn Watts had a traumatic childhood. The things that happened to her, I would never wish on my worst enemy. Kathryn is not a victim though, she is a survivor. While still dealing with issue regarding her past, she is trying day by day to move forward. Slowly but surly. My heart was shattered as I read the chapters from the past. Monica does a great job of getting you emotionally attached to these characters without going into too much detail. She walks a very fine line when it comes to the past and I think she did an excellent job of conveying what happened, while not giving you exact specifics.

Ethan Willams is a guy you can't help but love. His past is also filled with horrific experiences. You can't help but love him and encourage him throughout this entire book. Even though Ethan had a very rough childhood, he has managed to grow into a wonderful man. I loved everything about him, even with his past.




I will warn you, this book has some serious triggers in it. I don't want to detour you from it because I think that everyone should read this book. I want everyone to feel what I felt.  Monica does a fantastic job of switching back and forth from past to present. Even if it isn't always in chronological order. Most would expect this to be a jumbled mess with all the flipping back and forth and the time line being off but it isn't. It flows perfectly. I instantly became sucked into this book.  While I couldn't read it fast enough because I had to know what was going to happen, I also wanted to slow down because I was scared of how it would end. Nothing good could possibly come out of a relationship built on lies. Yet, I was rooting for them the entire book. I knew the other foot was bound to drop at some point but I didn't want it to. Never Tear Us Apart is book one in this series and I can't wait for book two. I need it, NOW.  Please read this book. If you want a book that will give you all the feels, this is the book. It was a roller coaster of emotion that lasted from page one until the final page. I highly recommend it.


Never Tear Us Apart was my first Monica Murphy book, and I promise you, it won't be my last. Monica had a way with words that drew you in and made you feel deep in your soul what the characters were feeling.

Never Tear Us Apart is a story of love, betrayal, lies, and secrets. Katie Watts was kidnapped when she was 12 and had to experience things no person should ever have to deal with. It's been 8 years since she has been rescued and is trying to finally move on with her life. Some days are easy and some days are not. That is until she meets Ethan. He makes her feel safe, he makes her feel things she has never felt before, things she thought she never wanted.

Ethan Williams has never forgotten about Katie. He has always thought about her; wondering how she was and if she was safe. When Katie does a TV interview he becomes obsessed with making sure she is ok. They end up "bumping" into each other and the brief connection they had all those years ago is still there and is much stronger. Only Katie doesn't know who Ethan is.

This book is written in dual POV and jumps back and forth between past and present. It took me a little bit to get used to the past and present but once I got used to it, and it picked up, I was all in. Never Tear Us Apart does deal with sensitive situations. While it was hard to read some parts I think Monica did an amazing job dealing with it. There were parts of this book that were gut wrenching and I couldn't put it down. I wanted to find out what was going to happen but I didn't want it to end. This is book one of two and I'm ready to start Never Let You Go (book 2) right now. I can't wait to see how this story end.




Be sure to stop by Monica's Facebook Page daily for giveaways!







New York Times, USA Today and international bestselling author Monica Murphy is a native Californian who lives in the foothills below Yosemite with her husband and three children. She's a workaholic who loves her job. When she's not busy writing, she also loves to read and travel with her family. She writes new adult and contemporary romance and is published with Bantam and Avon. She also writes romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.



No comments:

Post a Comment