Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Us Release Day Blitz!!!

Us (Him, #2)

Five months in, NHL forward Ryan Wesley is having a record-breaking rookie season. He's living his dream of playing pro hockey and coming home every night to the man he loves–Jamie Canning, his longtime best friend turned boyfriend. There's just one problem: the most important relationship of his life is one he needs to keep hidden, or else face a media storm that will eclipse his success on the ice.

Jamie loves Wes. He really, truly does. But hiding sucks. It's not the life Jamie envisioned for himself, and the strain of keeping their secret is taking its toll. It doesn't help that his new job isn't going as smoothly as he'd hoped, but he knows he can power through it as long as he has Wes. At least apartment 10B is their retreat, where they can always be themselves.

Or can they? When Wes's nosiest teammate moves in upstairs, the threads of their carefully woven lie begin to unravel. With the outside world determined to take its best shot at them, can Wes and Jamie develop major-league relationship skills on the fly?

Warning: contains sexual situations, a vibrating chair, long-distance sexytimes, and proof that hockey players look hot in any shade of green

I have been waiting a long time for this to come out.  It was like a welcome homecoming of sorts.  There is a special place in my heart for Jamie and Wes and in a way I am sad that this might be the last of them that I see.
We last left Jamie and Wes in happy days.  After a bunch of BS as to why they couldn't be together.  Six months later and they are in what we would call a love abyss.  Jamie is working as a coach and Wes is living the dream as a NHL player.   The problem is that they are still living the secret life of a gay couple.  This was a the basis of pretty much most of the book.  They are trying to hide it from anyone but Jamie's totally awesome family.  Seriously!  I want to be part of that family.  They are the ideal family in every way and they love the stuffings out of Wes.

I loved the story, and it made me think about how things really are different for a gay couple in this world.  Being a gay athlete even more.  In most peoples minds an athlete is the highest form of male domination.  I can't imagine having to hide who I am and live up to the expectations of those that love the game.  I think that Elle and Sabrina did a great job showing us the love that these 2 have for each other as well and the difficult life that they are handed.

Now I know what you want to know- how hot is this book.  Pretty hot, but not too much that you want to blush and stop reading.  In my head I had the perfect image of each of them and they where what I saw when I read those sizzling scenes.  I have been skilled in the ins and outs of m/m romance and learned a thing or 2 from this book.

The addition of Blake and the rest of the hockey team was a welcome surprise for me.  Blake is a teammate that moves into the same complex.  He is the ultimate single horny player with a surprising soft side.  I know that some other readers thought he was a pain in the ass, but I loved him and what he brought to the book.  Wes and Jamie try in everyway possible to hide who they are from him, but what they didn't realize is that he was able to find a common ground in each of them and saw that love is all that mattered.  I am very interested in knowing what happens with him and Jamie's sister.  Please of please let us know!!




.
To say I was beyond thrilled to see that Sarina and Elle were bringing back Jamie and Wes (Ryan) would be an understatement. I fell head over heels for these two guys in Him as they figured out their feelings for one another.
After watching them fall in love and move on from hockey camp, Us is about real life for them. Hiding who they love because of the way they think people in the sports industry would react. But when a very friendly team mate of Wes’ moves into the same building as them, their only safe haven to be themselves is taken away from them.
This book made me so happy to see Wes and Jamie again but I hated that they had to hide their love for one another. It really broke heart that this is a reality for gay men in sports. I wanted to scream at them to just say to hell with everyone and be together but I know it isn’t that easy.
Oh did I mention the sex was hot? It was!!! I love their chemistry in dialogue and in bed.
Sarina and Elle write so well together and I love the characters they brought to life. I hope this isn’t the end of the series as I think they were setting us up for a spin off. That said, I pray we see more of these men.



At long last, I’m twenty paces away, then ten. Then I’m opening our door. “Hey babe!” I call out like I always do. “I made it.” I drag my duffel over the threshold, then toss my suit coat on top, abandoning these things beside the door, because all I need now is a kiss.
Only then do I notice that our apartment smells amazing. Jamie has cooked dinner for me. Again. He is the perfect man, I swear to God.
“Hey!” he calls, emerging from the hallway leading to our bedroom. He’s wearing jeans and nothing else except—and this is unusual—a beard. “Do I know you?” He gives me a sexy smile.
“I was going to ask the same thing.” I’m staring at the sandy-blond beard. Jamie has always been clean-shaven. I mean—we’ve known each other since before facial hair. He looks different. Older, maybe.
And hot as blazes. Seriously, I can’t wait to feel that beard against my face, and maybe my balls… Jesus. The blood is already rushing south, and I’ve been home fifteen seconds.
And yet I’m just stuck there in the middle of the room for a moment, because even though it’s been eight months since Jamie and I started up together, I’m still a little stunned at my own good fortune. “Hi,” I say again, stupidly.
He walks forward, his easy gait so familiar that my heart breaks a little bit. He puts his hands on my traps and squeezes the muscle there. “Don’t go away for so long. If you do that again, I’m going to have to sneak into your hotel room on the road.”
“Promise?” I ask, and it comes out like gravel. He’s close enough now that I can smell the ocean scent of his shampoo and the beer he drank while he waited for me.
“If I ever get a winning lottery ticket and a day off, I’ll do it,” he says. “Hotel sex after a game? Sounds hot.”
Now I’m measuring the distance to our sofa and counting the layers of clothes I’ll need to remove in the next ninety seconds.



No comments:

Post a Comment