Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Why Now? by Carey Heywood


 Title: Why Now?

Author: Carey Heywood

Release Date: March 22, 2016

Find on Goodreads









He was my everything.

I loved him.

For over twenty years.

And everyone knew, including him.

But he never loved me back.

Not once.

Not ever.

So I moved on.

Until now.

Now he's back, and wants to make me his.

He's everything I've ever wanted.

I should be happy.

But there's one problem.

My fiancé.







Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo| iBooks

On sale for $2.99 for a limited time!











I was very much intrigued by the synopsis of Why Now?. I love a good second chance plus love triangle book. Why Now? is the story of Kacey Albright and Jake Whitmore. Carey does a great job of giving a dual POV so we can get inside the head of both characters.
 
Kacey Albright has loved Jake Whitmore for twenty years. He saved her when she was a child and she was instantly smitten by him. She has always loved him. No one could compare to Jake. Kacey is a down to earth girl who wants her Prince Charming to notice and love her back. She can't understand why Jake would all of sudden want her once she's off the market. 

Jake Whitmore had a rough life. He was raised by both grandparents and when he lost them, he had to give up all his dreams to take care of his sister and the responsibility that came after his grandparents died.  He took a job on an oil rig and never looked back. Jake never looked at Kacey as anything more than his little sister's best friend. A little girl, in his eyes. Everything changes when he takes extended vacation and heads back home. 
 
We can't forget about Heath. He plays a big part in this book too. After all, he's Kacey's fiance. He's the perfect guy that can give Kacey the perfect life. 

Why Now? is full of love and heartbreak. There are definitely moments where Carey does what she does best, pull at your heartstrings. You will be rooting for both guys, but for different reasons. 

I really wanted to love this book. I have loved every other book I have read by Carey Heywood. I just couldn't connect with these characters. At times they all seemed very immature even though they are all almost 30 or over. Why Now? seemed choppy at times and it just didn't flow the way I know Carey can write. This will definitely not detour me from picking up any of Carey's future books. I love her as an author and I know she can write amazing books.









New York Times & USA Today bestselling author with 13 books out and many more to come. She was born and raised in Alexandria, Virginia. Ever the mild-manner citizen, Carey spend her days working in the world of finance, and at night, she retreats into the lives of her fictional characters.


Supporting her all the way are her husband, three sometimes-adorable children, their nine-pound attack Yorkie and their needy Ninja cat.











No comments:

Post a Comment