Thursday, August 25, 2016

Furious Rush by SC Stephens

26097165


For Mackenzie Cox, racing motorcycles is in her blood. Born into a family legacy, she's determined to show the world that she has inherited her father's talent in this male-dominated sport. The last thing Kenzie needs is to be antagonised by her rival team's newest rider, Hayden Hayes. Hayden, exceedingly arrogant and outrageously attractive, immediately gets under Kenzie's skin and she can't help but be distracted.

As Kenzie and Hayden push each other on the track, the electric energy between them off the track shifts into an intense - and strictly forbidden - attraction. The only rule between their two ultra-competitive teams is zero contact. Kenzie needs a win, and she also needs to stay away from Hayden. Unfortunately for her though, one thing has become all too clear: she can't.

Fuelled by passion, driven by desire, Hayden and Mackenzie both want to win more than anything else. Except for, maybe, each other. But anger, jealousy and extreme competitiveness aren't their only obstacles . . .

I was very excited to be able to review this book.  I love all of the other books that SC Stephens has written and I was ready for a good read.  Unfortunately for me, this book didn't live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I think that it reminded me way too much of the Thoughtless series and the characters were the same in a lot of ways, that it was not new and original for me.

In a way, it has a West Side Story theme to it. There are two race teams and to say that there is some bad history between them is an understatement.  This was a zero contact situation.  You did not talk to the other side.  Of course you know that the two MC's are going to meet and there is going to be some major sparks going on.  Of course they are going to fight it what the heart wants because , that is what always happens.  It is a forbidden love that can hurt others...do you see where this is like another SC series?

The thing that kept me going was the drama and the mystery that went on in the story.  I needed to know what was going on and who was doing it.  Just when you thought that it was going to go one way, it takes a sharp turn on the track and you are left wondering.  I liked that Kenzie and Hayden pushed each other to be better drivers.  They see that happening and are willing to admit that there is chemistry.   Kenzie's dad drove me insane throughout the book, but at the end I had an inking of why he was that way, not that I liked it, but I got it.

When I finished I was ready for the sequel, which I am sure will be a long time coming, and that is ok.  Hopefully the next one is way different and not so much like what we expect to happen.    


No comments:

Post a Comment