Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Running Mate by Katie Ashley






The race will be a fight to the death finish, and that’s not even the actual campaign.


Barrett


The name’s Barrett Callahan. Yeah, that Barrett Callahan—the one the press dubbed “Bare” after those naked sexting pictures surfaced. At twenty-five, I was armed with an MBA from Harvard, an executive position at my father’s Fortune 500 company, a penthouse, and a different piece of delectable eye candy in my bed every weekend. I had a life most men dreamed of. But then my father decided to run for president, and my playboy lifestyle became a liability to his campaign that was built on family values. My “makeover” comes in the form of a fake fiancée who I don't even get to choose--one who is an uptight, choirgirl acting priss but also sexy-as-hell.


Addison

My latest relationship had gone down in flames, and I was drowning in a sea of student loans when in true Godfather status, James Callahan made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Seven figures for seven months on the campaign trail pretending to be the adoring fiancée of his son, Barrett. As soon as he won the election, our engagement would be dissolved amicably for the press, I was free to ride off into the sunset a million dollars richer, and because of the NDA, no one would be the wiser. Sure, I’d never met the guy, but I’d been a theater nerd in high school. I could pull off any role from Lady Macbeth to Maria Von Trapp. But that was before I met my fake fiancé—the infuriating, self-absorbed, egotistical, drop-dead-sexy King of the Manwhores.



NOW AVAILABLE!




Running Mate has been on much anticipated list for months. I couldn't wait to get my hands on. I was literally refreshing my kindle obsessively waiting for it to show up. I love Katie's writing style and knew she wouldn't disappoint with her latest novel. Once again Katie did a wonderful job of mixing humor, romance, and angst to create a book that will suck you in and not let go until the very last page. Then she will leave you begging for more book in the series because you want to get inside the heads of the other characters. 

While you would think that Running Mate would be heavy on the political stance, let me assure you it isn't. Yes, this is a book that deals with a presidential election but you won't find one single page that has an agenda being pushed on you. In fact, you don't even know which party said candidate is for. That was like a breath of fresh air for me, especially after the last few months. I wanted a book that was light and fun and this was the perfect read for that. 


Running Mate centers around the lives of Barrett and Addison. Barrett you would think would be an egotistical spoiled rich boy considering the family he comes from. You'd be oh so wrong. I loved Barrett. I really enjoyed getting to know the REAL Barrett, not the one that tabloids write about. 


Addison didn't grow up with a silver spoon in her mouth. She worked for everything she has and is still paying off the student debt to prove it. Enter a proposal she can't turn down. Literally. While Addison was the type of character you could love, there were times she annoyed me. I wanted to reach through my kindle and yell at her to stop being so dang stubborn! In the end, I fell in love with Addison too. 


Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I really hope that Katie turns this into a series because I would love to get to know Ty better and I want to catch back up with Barrett and Addison. I will most definitely pick up the next book in there series if she continues it.


It feels like I have been waiting for a new Katie Ashley book forever.  Luckily I don't have to wait any more and this one didn't disappoint either.

Sometimes when you see a book about a rich guy you want to just hate him from the beginning.  It is the same old egotistical rich guy who gets off on bossing girls around just because they can.  I can let you know that Barrett is not your everyday rich MC that you see in other books.  The more you get to know him the more you get to like him.  He is going to knock your socks off.  That being said, Addison is not your typical mousy female MC either.  She is not going to let anyone get in the way of what her final goal is and don't take any crap from Barrett just because his dad is running for President of the United States.

When Barrett's dad goes to Addison with the idea that she will pretend to be his sons fiancé for 9 month for a cool million dollars she is not sure how this would turn out.  She just knows that a million dollars will go a long way to pay off her student loans. 
 Barrett pretty much doesn't have a choice.  His dad tells him to take the offer or lose his job in the family business.  He is not happy to go through this sham, but what is the guy to do?

Along the way, Barrett and Addison learn that they actually care about one another and fall in love along the way.  The problem is what happens at the end of the 9 months.  
Along the way there are some hysterical situations that will make you laugh your panties off.  That is what actually makes this book special is that it is sweet, funny, and red hot at the same time.  I feel that Katie did a great job at making the characters special and real so we want to get to know them more.

I asked Katie if there would be a book 2.  She said the typical writer---Maybe---.  Here is hoping that the other characters get a book and we get more from Ms. Ashley.



a Rafflecopter giveaway








Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, and her two very spoiled dogs. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The Golden Girls, Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Supernatural, Designing Women, and Scooby-Doo.
With a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent English Education, she spent 11 1/2 years educating the Youth of America aka teaching MS and HS English until she left to write full time in December 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment