Monday, August 19, 2013

Vixen In Vegas Review

Vixen in Vegas



It was supposed to be a week of simply being, of living in the moment, and enjoying every minute while it lasted. Of course, that kind of intoxication can have lingering effects. For Sin, she found herself wanting to break all the rules, to extend her time with the stranger who stole her heart. Vegas was just the right kind of place to take such a gamble. Meeting up with BE at the gondolas was a risk. Love went against everything they had promised, but the best things in life can’t be planned.

Soon Alysin will be tested. 

After guarding her heart for so long, she finally let a man in and discovered that the worst things in life happened when she least expected them. When she walked in on BE with another woman and overheard their heated conversation, she suddenly remembered there was a reason she made these rules. 

Will broken rules lead to broken hearts or will she realize that though love was a gamble, she was all in?



Danielle's 5 Star Review

I don’t do love. Only now…with BE, maybe I did. All I knew for certain was that one week wasn’t enough. We had more story to tell, more life to live, more experiences to be had. He made me feel things in a way I never had before. He made me want things I had never wanted…like permanence.


 photo e6fac286-6461-4025-ae56-6834f9d23255_zps58893159.jpg
 photo 275fe4c8-cb5a-44dc-ad69-877c170b4a37_zps6d038993.jpg

At the beginning of Vixen in Vegas we have Alysin, aka Sin, getting ready to pack up and move again. What makes this so different from all the other times is that instead of running from something, or more importantly someone, she is running towards them. She plans to meet B.E. in Vegas and see where life takes them. Sin being who she is, of course tries to talk herself out of her decision and out of her feelings for B.E. Luckily her best friend, Jolie, has B.E.'s contact info incase of emergencies or...well when Sin decides to freak out.




“I’ve never been in love,” I admitted. “I’m scared of losing me to be with you.” I was silent after that admission. It took a lot for me to share that.
“Well, if it makes you feel any better…I don’t make a habit of falling in love. I tried it once. It didn’t go the way I expected. I’ve been a little gun shy ever since. For you, I’d take a bullet. You are a once in a lifetime kind of love,” he said quietly. “Promise me, you’ll meet me.”

“I love you, baby,” he said. “Saturday, I’ll be waiting for you.”
“Saturday,” I murmured. “I’m going to rock your world.”
“Babe,” he said seriously, “you already have.”



Of course there are also times that Jolie has to advise her beloved best friend as to how great she could have it with B.E. if she allows herself to just put her nerves and worries aside and being Jolie she has a very...FUN...way of expressing her feelings.




“I swear, you lucky bitch, that I will kick your ass if you mess this up! I would reconsider my stance on sausage for someone like him.”



B.E. and Sin finally see each other again we finally discover that his name is Benjamin "Ben" Everly and he learns Sin's name. Sparks fly yet again and before too long they are setting the wall...yes...wall not bed...on FIRE! I'm a fan of the hot, sweaty, sexy wall sex!

 photo f9e9f8c1-3a5f-4604-936b-5cd93c14b5e2_zps53907b76.jpg

Ben also decides to change everything about their relationship. He's not looking for temporary...he wants all that Sin has to give.




“Renegotiating our terms. I want to get to know you. All the boring stuff…life by the typical stats: name, date of birth, occupation, last known address…phone number, email, that kind of thing. I want it all with you, Sin. I want the possibility of forever wrapped in a hundred million moments. I want us.”



When Ben takes Sin home she is finally allowing him in completely. She allows the walls that she has had constructed for so many years around her heart be torn down. Ben and Sin are in love and it's the forever kind of love...something that will stand the test of time.

 photo 42fd3105-2195-4fe1-a699-4dc3bcd167c5_zpsa0f75bf5.jpg

However, despite their happiness, there are unforeseen obstacles that arise and have Sin questioning her forever with Ben. Will she be able to stand by Ben when all she's ever known is to run from happiness and uncertainty? Will she fight for their happily ever after?



**********************************************************************

I loved this story. I love when a book can make you smile, can make you cry, can make you laugh, can make angry all at the same time. With this book Emma Nichols achieved that and then some.

 photo 7745328e-66e1-4126-85df-e2a5edbf16a1_zpsd62378ca.jpg





Emma Nichols
About this author

What made her decide to be an erotica author?

Simple.

How else was she going to parlay her two favorite past times into a career?

Emma is single and loving it. Like her first character, Alysin, Sin for short, she doesn't believe in settling or in settling down. She loves to indulge in her passions whenever the mood strikes and enjoys keeping all of life's cliche moments spicy.

Known for her sense of humor, Emma surrounds herself with friends whose antics often become the source of book fodder. Her ideal situation would be to explore the Caribbean while writing. She pursues that dream daily.
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7084178.Emma_Nichols
http://www.amazon.com/Vixen-Vegas-Sinful-Novellas-ebook/dp/B00EH2E5IK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1376869727&sr=1-1&keywords=vixen+in+vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment