Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | iBooks | BN | Kobo
Defiant Queen upped the ante with Lachlan Mount and Keira Kilgore in this follow up to Ruthless King, the second in the Mount Trilogy. I loved seeing Lachlan and Keira getting to know each other a bit more past the deal that brought them together. Seeing Keira in her element as a powerful, intelligent and respected business woman certainly changed the "game" and power struggle between the two. It made things in Lachlan's world a bit more dangerous because a man with a woman on his arm like that, one who can make him lower his guard even for a moment, is a vulnerability Lachlan Mount cannot afford. I loved both these characters even more in Defiant Queen. Truths were revealed that changed the course of how each views the other, drawing them closer than either expected. With the final installment looming near it's too earlier to call it and say Defiant Queen is my favorite but with the way in which I devoured this book, it just might be.
My oh my. I'm officially under the "Mount Effect". Meghan upped the ante with Defiant Queen and won tenfold. This book was fantastic.
I really liked Lachlan Mount in Ruthless King but I fell in love with him in Defiant Queen. He is one alpha male that I would do whatever he told me to. We get to find out a little bit more about Mount in this book which I thoroughly enjoyed.
The chemistry between Mount and Kiera is Off. The. Charts. I was pretty sure my kindle was going to start smoldering because it was HOT.
Defiant Queen is full of twists and turns that will keep you captivated. The pace of this story was perfectly executed. Meghan does a great job of making you love the anti-hero. I can't wait to dive into the third and final installment of this series. I know it won't disappoint. This book has solidified that every single Meghan March book will be an instant one-click.
*Side note* I purchased the audio version of this book and really enjoyed it as well. The narrators did a great job with it.
Get ready for the darker and dirtier side of New Orleans with a brand new alpha romance from USA Today bestselling author Meghan March.
New Orleans belongs to me.
You don’t know my name, but I control everything you see—and all the things you don’t.
My reach knows no bounds, and my demands are always met.
I didn’t need to loan money to a failing family distillery, but it amuses me to have them in my debt.
To have her in my debt.
She doesn’t know she caught my attention.
She should’ve been more careful.
I’m going to own her. Consume her. Maybe even keep her.
It’s time to collect what I’m owed.
Keira Kilgore, you’re now the property of Lachlan Mount.
*Ruthless King is book one of the Mount Trilogy*
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon Paperback | iBooks | BN | Kobo
Meghan March has been known to wear camo face paint and tromp around in woods wearing mud-covered boots, all while sporting a perfect manicure. She's also impulsive, easily entertained, and absolutely unapologetic about the fact that she loves to read and write smut. Her past lives include slinging auto parts, selling lingerie, making custom jewelry, and practicing corporate law. Writing books about dirty talking alpha males and the strong, sassy women who bring them to their knees is by far the most fabulous job she's ever had. She loves hearing from her readers at meghanmarchbooks@gmail.com.




No comments:
Post a Comment