Today we are celebrating the release of OFFICE MATE by Katie Ashley.
This is a standalone, contemporary romance title.
Check out the blurb and buy links below!
PURCHASE NOW OR READ FOR FREE IN KINDLEUNLIMITED!
Amazon Kindle Unlimited!
OFFICE MATE by Katie Ashley
Thorn
From the first time I played army as a kid, the military has been my life. As an Airborne Major, I’d led my men through two tours in Afghanistan. But when my father was elected president, I became an even greater target for the enemy—a prize for someone to take out. To ensure not only the safety of myself, but of my men, I got stripped of my cammies, shoved into an Armani suit, and placed into a management position at my father’s company. After years of trekking through the desert with an assault rifle, I was way out of my area of expertise, which my transition coordinator was more than happy to let me know on a daily, if not hourly basis. The brunette bombshell would be the death of me in more ways than one, especially since I hadn’t been with a woman since my last deployment. She’s turning out to be one of the greatest foes I’ve ever done battle with.
Isabel
In the backwoods Georgia town I was born in, you either married right out of high school or got the hell out of town. I chose the second and never looked back. After graduating top in my class, I started working for The Callahan Corporation. Fast forward five years and I was about to become the youngest female manager in the history of my department. And then all the blood, sweat, and tears I’d put into my career were for nothing when the boss’s billionaire son was handed my position on a silver platter. Not only that, I was expected to help transition him into the job that was supposed to be mine. Sure, he’s easy on the eyes with his chiseled good-looks and impossibly built physique, but I’m not going to let that distract me. I hope soldier boy is good at military strategy because sabotage is the name of the game I’ll be playing.
PURCHASE NOW OR READ FOR FREE IN KINDLEUNLIMITED!
Amazon Kindle Unlimited!
I feel like it has been forever since I read a Katie Ashley book. I love her books and the way that she makes you want to know everything about her characters and has you cheering them on as the book goes along. Although I felt that the book had a rather slow start, it ended in a way that had me wanting to know what was the next chapter in Thorn and Isabel's lives.
Thorn's father is the president of the United States. Thorn is a soldier and loves his job. He loves protecting the people of the US and working together with his unit. Unfortunately, as the presidents son, that leaves a big target on his head and to protect those in his unit from harm, he has to be discharged and take a job at his families company. I really feel for Thorn as the book goes on. He really does not want to leave his unit and the idea of working in the office all day is not what he loves to do. The only saving grace is that he gets to work with Isabel everyday.
Isabel has been working at her job since college and finally it is her time to shine. She is up for a promotion to VP and wakes up feeling this is her day. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't know that Thorn, the owners son, is standing in her way pretty much because he is the owners son. As for Isabel, I felt for her at the beginning of the book. In the middle, I felt that she was childish and immature. At the end of the book, I felt that her and Thorn were made for each other.
If you love a great love/hate romance this is the book for you. It is a second in the series, but can be read as a standalone. The chemistry between the 2 of them is great, and it is one of those romance books that makes you laugh as you are reading. That is one thing about a Katie Ashley book is that they are fun to read and always have something in them to make you laugh out loud. Even though I thought it started out a bit slow, it was a pretty quick read that I didn't feel I had to think too much. The end had you wanting more, and that is when I know for me it was a great read.

Thorn's father is the president of the United States. Thorn is a soldier and loves his job. He loves protecting the people of the US and working together with his unit. Unfortunately, as the presidents son, that leaves a big target on his head and to protect those in his unit from harm, he has to be discharged and take a job at his families company. I really feel for Thorn as the book goes on. He really does not want to leave his unit and the idea of working in the office all day is not what he loves to do. The only saving grace is that he gets to work with Isabel everyday.
Isabel has been working at her job since college and finally it is her time to shine. She is up for a promotion to VP and wakes up feeling this is her day. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't know that Thorn, the owners son, is standing in her way pretty much because he is the owners son. As for Isabel, I felt for her at the beginning of the book. In the middle, I felt that she was childish and immature. At the end of the book, I felt that her and Thorn were made for each other.
If you love a great love/hate romance this is the book for you. It is a second in the series, but can be read as a standalone. The chemistry between the 2 of them is great, and it is one of those romance books that makes you laugh as you are reading. That is one thing about a Katie Ashley book is that they are fun to read and always have something in them to make you laugh out loud. Even though I thought it started out a bit slow, it was a pretty quick read that I didn't feel I had to think too much. The end had you wanting more, and that is when I know for me it was a great read.
Office Mate is a standalone book but I would recommend reading
Running Mate before. If you like a
light, quick, funny, enemies to lover’s story this book is for you.
Thorn is in the military and with his father becoming the
President of the United States he has been forced to come stateside something he
is not happy about. Thorn is given a position
in the family business “The Callahan Corporation” to keep him busy and help him
adjust to civilian life again.
Isabel has worked for The Callahan Corporation for
years. She’s put everything she has into
her position to become the youngest female manager in her department. Her boss has been grooming her for about a
week for the promotion. The day finally
comes where she will get the key to her new office and all hell breaks loose
from the moment she leaves her house.
Office Mate is told in dual point of views. I love being able to be in both characters
heads. Thorn and Isabel make you laugh,
swoon and cheesy smile. If you are a fan
of Katie Ashley you don’t want to miss this book!
Read it for FREE on KindleUnlimited
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author of both Indie and Traditionally published books. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, and her spoiled mutt, Duke. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The Golden Girls, Shakespeare, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Scooby-Doo.
With a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent English Education, she spent eleven years teaching both middle and high school English, as well as a few adjunct college English classes. As of January 2013, she hung up her red pen and expo markers to become a full-time writer. Each and every day she counts her blessings to be able to do her dream job.
Although her roots are firmly planted in the red Georgia clay, she loves traveling the country and world to meet readers and hang out with fellow authors. When she’s not writing or chasing down her toddler, you might find her watching reruns of The Golden Girls, reading historical biographies, along with romance novels, or spending way too much time on Facebook.







No comments:
Post a Comment