We are thrilled to be sharing with you the release of TEN REASONS TO STAY by Candace Knoebel. TEN REASONS TO STAY is the first standalone in the Risky Hearts duet and fans of contemporary romance won't want to miss this one! Be sure to grab your copy today!
One day a week—Thursdays—my husband and I could do whatever or whomever we pleased. Protection was non-negotiable. And no matter what, we had to be home by midnight. Jack was the one who wanted an open marriage, but we were supposed to keep things simple. No strings. No commitments. It seemed so easy…until it wasn’t. Devilishly handsome Cole Blackwater was only supposed to be a fling, but everything about him made me feel alive. Wanted. Seen. When I realized he was my husband’s boss, I should have broken things off right then…but I didn’t. One day a week, I could pretend that I was his and he was mine…until Cole wanted more. But how could I decide between the man I’d promised to love, honor, and cherish, and the man who tempted me to break every single vow I’d made?
Add TEN REASONS TO STAY to your Goodreads TBR here!
Amazon US / Amazon UK / Amazon CA / Amazon AU
Ten Reasons to Stay is the first book I've read by Candace Knoebel. I was intrigued by the synopsis. An open marriage? A possible love triangle? Sign me up!
Corrine and Jack are in a rut. She loves him but things just aren't the same. To her shock, Jack proposes they have an open marriage. She knew things were getting rough but she never expected that from him. Deciding to try out the open marriage, she joins tinder and is matched with a guy who seems to understand her. She's in for the shock of her life when she realizes that man is actually Jack's boss.
My feelings for Corrine went back and forth. At times I was rooting for her. Other times I wanted to shake her so she would wake up. I went from liking her to being annoyed by her. I despise Jack. I have serious hatred for that man. He's selfish, obnoxious, and just a straight up jerk.
Cole is the CEO of a billion dollar company. He's NYC's most eligible bachelor. I adore Cole. He's sweet, caring, and the most understanding man. He has the patience of a saint. I was rooting for him the entire book.
Ten Reasons to Stay is roller-coaster. It's full of ups and downs. It's sweet and angsty. Overall, I enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to the next book in this duet.
Sometimes in a marriage, we get to the point that we need a change. We may know that it is over and we just can't admit it, or we may just have changed and need to figure out a way to reinvent our relationship. This is where Jack and Corrine are. Jack seems to think that he has the perfect solution to the problem and suggests an open marriage, because that is the answer to all fix a bad relationship.
I was not a fan from the first paragraph of the book. I wanted to smack him upside the head. He had a great thing and he was never happy with what was right in front of him. As for the other man in the story, he is what you would call the type of man you want to bring home to mom. He is swoon worthy and a definite upgrade for Corrine in the man department. Now Corrine, she has her moments. The worst being the classic line "But he is my husband". Like that is a licence to treat your wife like crap.
I am totally waiting for the next book in this series. I think that Cole and Corrine are going to be that couple you are going to want to know how life is treating them.






No comments:
Post a Comment