Friday, March 1, 2019

When August Ends by Penelope Ward

WAE AUTHOR PAGE BANNER

A Standalone Contemporary Romance Novel

NY Times, USA Today, and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author Penelope Ward
Amazon ➜ https://amzn.to/2XnZUW3 
  Audio ➜ https://amzn.to/2BEz4ja 
Amazon Print ➜ https://amzn.to/2SY4Zoj 
Apple Books ➜ https://apple.co/2Tj776z 
Google Play ➜ http://bit.ly/2BCw3Qc
Goodreads ➜ http://bit.ly/2SL1z9e
52011218_2264649403778587_3944300847122350080_n




What do you do when a sexy, older man moves into your family’s summer rental?
Well, apparently, you make a fool of yourself—over and over. 
Things didn’t exactly get off on the right foot with Noah Cavallari. 
Our first encounter was embarrassing, to say the least.
But despite that, I found myself waking up every day with a newfound energy. 
Nothing exciting ever happened on the lake—not until Noah moved into the small boathouse on our property. 
He’d booked it for the entire summer…and I was still trying to figure out why.
When my mother became ill, I inherited the responsibility of making sure our guests were well taken care of. 
I should have been in college. 
Instead, I was living my best life…as a maid.
Dark, handsome, and mysterious, everything about Noah screamed forbidden. 
I knew he was just passing through town for the summer.
I knew he was probably too old for me.
Yet, I was drawn to him.
Not to mention, he tried to save my life when he mistakenly thought I was drowning.
I wanted him and made no secret of it.
His own attempts to warn me away soon gave way to late-night moonlight chats by the lake. 
We were slowly easing into a friendship that was gearing up to explode into something I might not recover from. 
Because he’s leaving at the end of the summer.
And I have no idea what I’ll do when August ends




. WAE LIVE INSTA


I'm always excited when Penelope Ward comes out with a new novel. I'm especially excited when it's a something different from the norm.  When August Ends is just that. Penelope brings her signature flow and characters that she is well known for.

Heather should be in college living her best life. Instead she's at home taking care of her mother and their tenant. I really felt for Heather. She has had to grow up quick and take on a lot of responsibility after a really tragic event altered both her and her mom's life. There were times though throughout the book and the progression of Heather and Noah's relationship that she did seem very immature. It definitely added the layer of showing the age difference between Heather and Noah.  

Noah is swoonworthy and sweet. He's rented the lake boathouse for the Summer and the last thing he expects is to fall for Heather. Noah is hiding a secret and I couldn't read fast enough to find out what it was. When I found out my jaw dropped. I was NOT expecting what I found out. I loved Noah. So many times I swooned over the little things he did. He was so thoughtful. 

While I didn't love this book, I did like it. It flowed well, it had laugh out loud moments and it gave me the feels. Then Penelope threw in one more twist and I will admit I didn't like it. At all. Let me clarify, I liked part of it but how it happened I didn't. When you read it you will see what I mean. 

Penelope Ward is an instant one click author for me and I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.  





fullsizeoutput_69

Ward Pic

Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of contemporary romance. She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor. Penelope resides in Rhode Island with her husband, son, and beautiful daughter with autism. With over one-point-five million books sold, she is a twenty-time New York Times bestseller and the author of over twenty novels.

Sign up for Penelope’s mailing list: http://eepurl.com/MnXoH

Find Penelope here:

Website: http://www.penelopewardauthor.com Gmail: penelopewardauthor@gmail.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/penelopewardauthor Facebook Fan Group (Penelope’s Peeps): https://www.facebook.com/groups/PenelopesPeeps/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/PenelopeAuthor Instagram: @penelopewardauthor http://instagram.com/PenelopeWardAuthor/ Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7105545.Penelope_Ward?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment