A
Companion Novel to The Proposition and The Proposal
After her
former boyfriend left her pregnant and alone, Megan McKenzie swore off men. She
spent the last eighteen months focused solely on her son, Mason, along with
finishing nursing school at the top of her class. Although she’s not ready to
complicate her life with a long-term relationship, a nice no-strings attached
hook-up is just what she needs. At her godson, Noah’s, baptism, she finds the
perfect candidate in the soft-spoken godfather, Pesh Nadeen. After all, the
widower could use a good time too. But after drinking too much, the night
doesn’t end the way she thought it would. Forced to leave Pesh’s house through
a walk of shame, Megan hopes to never, ever see him again.
For Pesh
Nadeen, the very sight of Megan sends him into an emotional tailspin. Since she
reminds him too much of what he has lost, he wants to be out of her sight…at
first. But the more he gets to know her, there's something about the diminutive
blonde that causes his protective side to go into overdrive, and he finds
himself wanting more. When Megan is assigned to work in his ER to complete her
nursing clinicals, he sees it as fate, but she’s having no part of it. She only
wants a physical relationship while he wants far more.
What
happens next is a sexy game of cat and mouse to see who will break first or if
both of them will eventually get more than they ever bargained for.
Move over Emma and Aidan, Pesh
and Megan have arrived.
I am a huge fan of this series
and was wicked excited that Pesh was getting his own book. He was so kind and
loving to Emma in The Proposal that I knew I needed more of him. And boy was he
just dreamy. I think Pesh and Megan are my favorite Katie Ashley couple out of
them all and that is saying a lot since Katie knows how to write a loving,
powerful and chemistry filled couple.
Megan, the niece to Aidan, is a
single mom who has never felt what it is liked to be loved. The past men in her
life just used her and discarded her. Pesh is a window whose wife had past away
2 years ago. His family wanted him to move on but after his time with Emma, he
was hesitant. The two are baby Noah’s godparents and after the disastrous night
after the baptism, Megan and Pesh realize they want different things.
Katie Ashley took us on a journey
with this one. I loved the pace of this book, it was a slow build of their
relationship but the book was never boring or dragged. Pesh gave Megan time to
figure herself out and he was so romantic that I was falling in love. They had
so amazingly hot sex. Can you say Tantric!!!!! Pesh and Megan had an amazing
chemistry together through out the whole book. This was one couple I was
routing for from page one. Megan is a hot ticket and Pesh is sinfully romantic.
I highly recommend picking up
this book if you have read the series so far and if you haven’t read the
series, WHAT AREYOU WAITING FOR????
Katie Ashley has delivered another knock out read with
The Pairing, the third novel in her Proposition Series. Get swept away in a
read full of romance, a pinch of drama, and all of the familiar characters
you’ve fallen in love with in The Proposition and The Proposal.
Hellooooooooooo Pesh Nadeen! He knows how to treat a lady
right and with respect. Megan McKenzie has caught his eye and he is determined
to claim her. She, however, doesn’t fall so easily for his undeniable charm and
good looks. She challenges him at every turn and makes him work for her. When
being a good guy isn’t getting the girl, Pesh unleashes a dark, sexy streak in
him that comes out to play as he fights for what he wants. As tempting as bad
boys can be, it was nice to step away from that book boyfriend persona and get
a heaping dose of a gentleman you can take home to meet your parents. He is
romantic and deliciously swoon-worthy. Oh and the way he is with Mason, Megan’s
son? Totally melt your heart.
I was invested in the story from the first page. Katie
gives us glimpses into the lives of all our favorites and makes us fall in love
with Megan and Pesh. This is a quick and incredibly satisfying read. Laced with
the perfect balance of angst and heartwarming moments, this is the perfect
novel for anyone looking for a happily ever after. I highly recommend if you
haven’t devoured Katie Ashley’s Proposition Series yet, treat yourself to these
literary delights.
I wont lie I was nervous to start The Pairing as I wasn’t a
huge Pesh fan. I am very loyal to Aidan and Emma being together. Its not that
Pesh did anything wrong.... he just tried to swoop in on Emma and that was not
okay with me. I love Katie
Ashley so I put aside my dislike and started his story.
Once I got going the first thing that became clear is even
after two years Pesh is still grieving for his late wife. She was taken from him very
unexpectedly and I honestly don’t know if anyone ever gets over something like
that. Pesh puts all his
time into being an ER doctor. He
takes shifts from his co-workers when they have something family related come
up. He doesn’t mind, he
really doesn’t have much else to do. One night in the ER Emma comes to Pesh to
ask him to be the Godfather of her and Aidan’s son Noah. Pesh was hesitant at first knowing
Aidan probably wasn’t 100% on board with the idea but agreed after Emma assured
him Aidan was okay.
Megan is Aidan’s cousin and has always been very close with
him. She has a son, Mason,
with her ex boyfriend who is a NFL player and who wants nothing to do with his
little boy. Megan is in
school to become a nurse, after her dream of being a doctor got put on the back
burner. Megan hasn’t dated
since her and her ex split; she’s put all her efforts into being a Mom and
getting her career on the ground. Aidan
and Emma ask Megan to be Noah’s Godmother, knowing she would be the best fit
AND Aidan has a not so secret agenda on the side. Aidan believes Pesh and Megan would be
perfect for each other, but Emma has her doubts.
This story had me happy, sad, irritated, and giddy. It moved quickly and I loved the
little dance around Pesh and
Megan did with each other. Pesh
wants a relationship; Megan wants
to have fun, nothing more. While
you read you just want someone to finally
cave…. Come on its so obvious, they would be perfect for each other! I loved the interaction between Pesh
and Mason, ahhh those scenes stole my heart! Pesh did bug me a bit with how proper
he always was but he had other sides that will make you forget it.
“So,
will you have dinner with me?”
Pesh
leaned forward expectantly as Megan opened her mouth. They were interrupted by
the sound of Emma’s voice. “Oh thank God. I’m so glad you two are on.”
Her
anxious tone was the only thing that could have torn Pesh’s attention away from
Megan. He glanced from Emma to Aidan, who was grimacing and rubbing his head.
“What happened?”
Emma
replied, “He fell and hit his head,” at the same time Aidan grunted, “Nothing.”
Megan
stepped forward and went over to Aidan. She gasped as she surveyed him. “Ankle,
your pupils are huge!”
Pesh
took his penlight out of his coat pocket and went to Aidan. As he flashed the
light into Aidan’s eyes, he grimaced. “Yeah, they are. What exactly happened?”
He made sure to direct his question to Emma since she appeared to be the only
one being honest.
“We
were at my OB’s for our first ultrasound.”
Pesh’s
eyes widened. “Ultrasound…you’re pregnant?”
“Again?”
Megan questioned by his side.
The
concern for Aidan on Emma’s face washed away and was replaced with a beaming
smile. “Yes, I’m eight weeks.”
“Why
didn’t you say something at dinner Sunday?” Megan asked.
“Well,
I only found out two weeks ago, and we wanted to wait to tell everyone until we
had the first ultrasound.”
Megan’s
blonde brows creased. “So what does the ultrasound have to do with Ankle
hitting his head?”
Emma
pursed her lips and cut her gaze over to Aidan. “Would you like to tell them?”
When he shook his head and then winced, Emma sighed. “When they hooked me up to
the fetal monitor, they thought they heard two heartbeats. At the word ‘twins’,
Aidan passed out and hit his head on the counter and the floor.”
While
Pesh quickly turned a laugh into a cough, Megan wasn’t so tactful. She burst
out laughing. “You seriously passed out during the ultrasound?”
Aidan
scowled at her. “In my defense, it wasn’t quite the ultrasound yet.” At Megan’s
continued laughter, he shrugged. “It was pretty mind-blowing news.”
“Oh
Ankle, honestly.”
Aidan
turned to Pesh. “So am I going to stand around all day getting shit, or are you
going to examine me?”
Pesh
nodded. “Of course. Your pupils are definitely a matter of concern.”
Glancing
at Emma, Aidan said, “Just wait for me here.”
“Okay.”
Pesh
motioned for Aidan to go into the first examining room. As soon as the door
closed behind him, Aidan lunged for him, grabbing the lapels of his white coat.
“I need a vasectomy. Today.”
Pesh
fought the urge to laugh at the absurdity of the situation as well as Aidan’s
desperation. “Okay, let’s get you to sit down. You’ve obviously been through a
lot of trauma in the last hour.”
Aidan
plopped onto the examining table. He buried his head in his hands and groaned.
“What a fucking nightmare of a day.”
“Does
your head hurt?” Pesh asked.
“A
little.”
“Any
nausea?”
“Maybe.”
Pesh
furrowed his brows. “What do you mean, maybe?”
Aidan
raised his head. “If you’re asking if I’m nauseated now, the answer would be
no. I’m not. But on the other hand, if you’re asking if I get nauseous thinking
about the fact that Emma could have been pregnant with twins, and I would have
had three kids under two and in diapers…” Aidan shuddered. “Then yeah, I get
really fucking nauseous, and the room starts to spin a little.”
Katie
Ashley is the New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author of The
Proposition. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her two very spoiled
dogs and one outnumbered cat. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The
Golden Girls, Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Supernatural, Designing Women, and
Scooby-Doo.
She spent
11 1/2 years educating the Youth of America aka teaching MS and HS English
until she left to write full time in December 2012.
She also
writes Young Adult fiction under the name Krista Ashe.
THE
PROPOSITION
(The
Proposition #1)
THE
PARTY
(The
Proposition #.05)
FREE
THE
PROPOSAL
(The
Proposition #2)
















No comments:
Post a Comment