Saturday, July 12, 2014

Blog Tour: Locks: Rapunzel Unhinged by Sarah J. Pepper




Gunned down by the hottest killer in the history of the Badass Archives wasn’t exactly Rapunzel’s end-game. But when her reputable extraction skills fail, she uses unorthodox methods to gain her freedom from the Mercenary, whose icy blue eyes have serious panty-dropping capabilities. Even though most girls wouldn’t fall for their would-be assassin, Rapunzel isn’t like most dames. Her major girl-boner for the Mercenary is so pathetically intense it verges on cliché.

Regardless, Rapunzel’s hands are tied. Love chooses its victims, not the other way around. She isn’t the stereotypical Damsel in Distress. Her Bad-Boy Prince Charming is a renowned mercenary, and her “Happy Ending” plays out like a bad movie. However, she is determined to find her freedom—love be damned—and she’ll do it in a fabulous pair of heels.




Locks is a retelling of the story of Rapunzel. However, this story is anything but tame. It is jacked up with darkness, magic, betrayal, and love. This is definitely not a Disney movie!

Rapunzel (Zel) is locked away in the Spire tower by the Master of Time sorceress, Taryn. Only when Tayrn needs a hit of Zel's healing magic does she visit her.  She is tired of being locked up, so she escapes the tower, only to be caught by the Mercenary, also known as Flynn. Flynn works for Taryn, or so it seems on the surface, so back to the tower Rapunzel goes.

She is once again locked away and chained in her tower, but unknowingly becomes the face and voice of a rebellion. Rapunzel is defiant. She is does not willingly give the Master what's she wants and fights her every step of the way. Flynn teaches her how to fight and think in sticky situations. You see, he is also part of the rebellion. He wants Taryn dead, but works for her so he can get her trust and inside information. Rapunzel isn't the only person with a special power that Taryn has enslaved, tortured, and used, there are hundreds more.

If you are looking for something a little different, I highly recommend that you pick up a book by Sarah J. Pepper. Her writing is so clever,and she has a knack for taking well known characters and making them her own. They are witty, charming, a bit off center, and very original. She is truly a talented author. 




Flynn was a lot of things—an excellent henchmen, a loyal subject, and a man’s man. Yet, he was so much more than job descriptions, even if he didn’t believe it himself. He was about more than vengeance. He couldn’t have been entirely emotionless.

“If I asked you to kill me, would you do it?” I asked, testing my theory.

The ferocity in his gaze could not be replicated by the most cruel bête noire in known existence. Gazing into his eyes was like catching a glimpse of his soul. Flynn wasn’t perfect, even though my eyes begged to differ. He was corrupt and had been ruined God-knew-how-many lifetimes with his vehemence.

“Taryn wouldn’t have a way to rejuvenate herself, unless she found another theurgist,” he said. “She manipulates time, but the more sorcery she uses, the more it takes a toll on her.”

“Ironic, isn’t it?”

As much as I fought my feelings for him, I couldn’t deny I wanted him in every way I could get. I couldn’t predict how long I’d live, but I refused to be blindsided by death. I would face it straight on. I reached around to grab his Glock. He was faster, so much faster than me. In a blink of an eye, he had the weapon aimed at my chest. If this was going to be the end, I’d embrace it so I stepped so close to him that the barrel grazed my shirt.

“One bullet will solve all your problems,” I said.


I specialize in dark, paranormal romance – think “happy ever after” but with a twisted, dark chocolate center. Real-life romance isn’t only filled with hugs, kisses, unicorns, and rainbows. True-love can be more thoroughly described in times of darkness and tribulation. It’s in those harsh moments where you see what a person is truly capable of – both the good and bad. Sometimes prince-charming isn’t always on time, and the glass slipper is a little snug. However, it doesn’t mean Charming is not Mr. Right, and who says every shoe is the perfect fit?


Facebook    Twitter    Website    Goodreads










No comments:

Post a Comment