Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Review: Salvation by Noelle Adams




You get to the point where you can just say it. There was never anything special about me, except my father is rich and important. That's why it happened.

It was just a normal Tuesday afternoon. I was twenty-three and thinking about my new designer boots. They kidnapped me for ransom. They raped me before I was rescued. My therapist says that talking about it means I'm starting to heal.

I don't really think I am.

It's even harder to talk about Gideon. He couldn’t save me when it really mattered, so he keeps trying to save me now. He refuses to give up on me, and I can’t make him understand. There are some things you just can’t be saved from.

Salvation is a love story that follows a difficult path of healing after sexual assault. It is a true romance, but it addresses very hard issues, including rape and attempted suicide. The novel is not, however, about captivity and violence. It is about love, healing, and hope.





Salvation is the second book that I have read by Noelle Adams. The first one by her that I read put her on my list of authors to look out for. Salvation put her on my must read, fave authors list. She is immensely talented. There is nothing wrong with a book with a lot if chapters, but Noelle Adams seems to have a knack of condensing a solid story in a lot less time. She gives just the right amount of details, builds solid characters, and gives life to great stories that flow well. 

This book had me terrified. Diana, gets kidnapped because of some deal her father made with an Albanian gang. She is thrown into a holding room where she is to remain unharmed until they receive their ransom. However, she isn't alone in this room. Gideon Parker, undercover FBI agent is also there. He's waiting to get killed since they discovered who he really is. He tries to defend her, but she gets raped anyways. 

This is her story of healing and of falling in love. The incident destroys her; Gideon is there to support her. It is a long, hard road of recovery for her. The author writes so well, that I felt included in her journey. Gideon is unwavering in has devotion to her. His love was so palpable I could feel it.  

I felt every single emotion of the book. I cried, I laughed, I cheered for Diana. I fell in love with Gideon. In just 12 chapters I became so attached to these characters that I don't want to let them go. I'm not ready to move on. I almost want another book for Diana and Gideon. Almost. The ending to this book is...wonderful. After the emotional roller coaster the author put me through, I ended the book with an achy, healed heart full if hope and happiness. This is a definite MUST read and one of the best of 2014 for me!



Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many years of her life in graduate school, she has decided to reorient her priorities and focus on writing contemporary romances.








No comments:

Post a Comment