Monday, August 6, 2018

The Chase Elle Kennedy

34851664


Everyone says opposites attract. And they must be right, because there’s no logical reason why I’m so drawn to Colin Fitzgerald. I don’t usually go for tattoo-covered, video-gaming, hockey-playing nerd-jocks who think I’m flighty and superficial. His narrow view of me is the first strike against him. It doesn’t help that he’s buddy-buddy with my brother.

And that his best friend has a crush on me.

And that I just moved in with them.

Oh, did I not mention we’re roommates?

I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fitzy has made it clear he’s not interested in me, even though the sparks between us are liable to burn our house down. I’m not the kind of girl who chases after a man, though, and I’m not about to start. I’ve got my hands full dealing with a new school, a sleazy professor, and an uncertain future. So if my sexy brooding roomie wises up and realizes what he’s missing?

He knows where to find me.




As soon as I hear New Adult hockey book, the first thing that comes to mind is Elle Kennedy.  I loved her Off Campus series and I am sure I am going to love this series too.  The great thing about this series, is that it is a side series, so we going to get lots of of fun guests stars from the other series.

We first got to know Summer when we saw her in her brother Dean's book, The Score.  She has been holding on to her crush on her brothers bff, Colin Fitgerald..aka Fitzy for awhile now.  He is not your normal everyday jock.  He has tats all over and he would rather just play the game and doesn't want anything else that goes along with the game.  He could care less about the girls and the parties and the limelight.  Summer on the other hand loves to be the center of attention and be front and center in any situation.  Opposites attract they say, and in this pair that is the truth.

I thought that it was a good book.  Perfect for a summer afternoon.  I thought it was a little slow at first, but once it got going it was really good.  I have come to love all of Elle's books, so that was not a huge surprise. If you are a person who loves to watch people fall in love and has lots of hot lovin then you should check out this book.  I can't wait for the next one in the series



No comments:

Post a Comment