Monday, November 4, 2013

Let Love Heal Book Tour




Perfection.  We all strive for it, but what happens when the desire to be perfect consumes you?  What happens when the need to bury your mistakes blinds you?
Melanie Crane has always been the perfect daughter, friend, student – she’s been perfect at everything, in fact.  But when she lets her insecurities, the ones that she keeps hidden from everyone, get the best of her, she falters in her pursuit of perfection.  Melanie crumples under the pressure and buries her pain.  Numbed by sadness and guilt, she is determined never to let anyone find out how broken she really is.
Bryan Mahoney may appear to have everything in order.  He’s charming, witty and completely swoon-worthy. In short, Bryan has life all figured out, but appearances can be deceiving.  When the landscape of Bryan’s family changes in an instant, he’s left to pick up the pieces.
Not all bruises leave a mark. Now, weary and afraid, Melanie and Bryan must find a way to let love heal their broken and jaded hearts.





We first meet Melanie and Bryan in the first 2 books of the Let Love series.  While reading those 2 books, I really wanted to know the story of them.  I was so happy when I read that the next book in the series was going to be about them and Melissa did not disappoint in bring their story to us.  I thought that Maddy and Reid were the couple to love, but I have to say that Melanie and Bryan are right there with them, maybe a few steps ahead, AND Bryan has taken a higher place on my book boyfriend list ahead of Reid!

First off, I love that Melanie is a REAL woman.  She is not a size 2 who thinks that she is gods gift to men.  She has a real body, with a little tummy and real body issues.  I love that!  What I also love is that she has issues because of her body- which 75% of ladies have (yes I googled that fact!)  Melanie also has a problem with believing that she is worthy of love.  Her dad died while her mom was pregnant with her and she feels that her mom was not able to have the life that she wanted because of this.  

Now Bryan, Oh how I love Bryan...He is a computer geek and a soccer hero.  He sees Melanie as the beautiful girl that she is, despite the flaws, and as we get to know him, we find out just how much he really likes her.  He comes from a rather dysfunctional family.  His dad is a major ass of father and husband and his mom is the mom that is always there for her children.  He has a sister with Down Syndrome and she is the light of his life.  Just talking to her brings a smile to his face and makes his days a little brighter.  Just the fact that he is like that makes me love him even more.  

Now, when you read the second book in the Let Love series, we know that Melanie and Bryan are having problems and that she cheated on him (or did she???).  So the book takes place after the holidays and she is going back to school.  She goes back to her best friend/sister not living with her, a new roommate, and problems with her relationship.  This is not your typical true love romance.  They have problems, real problems, and spend most of the book apart.   While I wanted the swoon worthy romance, I was glad to have a book about a real relationship- the type I could really get into and relate to.

This book is not one you should miss.  The whole series is a can't miss.  I can not wait for the next book in the series, which will revolve around Lucy, Mel's mom.  I also heard that there is a novella about Reid and Maddy soon.  Personally, I would love to have one about Dylan, Reid best friend, or maybe even Peyton, Mel's new roommate.  Either way- I have some good reads ahead!!




I’ve always been an avid reader. Majoring in English Literature was a no brainer. Becoming a teacher and instilling my love for reading into my students was also a no brainer. I’ve spent the last ten years teaching and I’ve loved (mostly) every minute of it. When I was home on maternity leave for my third son, I discovered a new genre that sparked my creativity. My passion for writing sprang from my love of reading and once I knew I had a story to tell, I couldn’t wait to get it out there. I only hope that my readers enjoy reading my story as much as I enjoyed writing it.





Let Love Heal by Melissa Collins from The BookChick on Vimeo.


Facebook: Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MelissaCollins.Author
Goodreads – http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18148888-let-love-heal
Twitter - @mcollinsauthor
Web – www.melissacollinsauthor.com


KOBO: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Let-Love-Heal/book-1Nd0HXxNZEmI0HyVP1FHVw/page1.html?s=0Vo9T3waf0KRzRNqf-XBmg&r=1 

US AMAZON:  www.amzn.com/B00G4KOIFI 
UK AMAZON: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Let-Love-Heal-The-Series-ebook/dp/B00G4KOIFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382611556&sr=8-1&keywords=let+love+heal+melissa+collins 
B&N:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/let-love-heal-melissa-collins/1117236066?ean=2940148500612




a Rafflecopter giveaway

Counties Amazon Ships to:
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201074230

2 comments:

  1. I entered on Mean Girls Luv Books. Thanks for the great giveaway

    ReplyDelete