Thursday, August 7, 2014

Blog Tour: Blurred by Kim Karr



A Connection Series Novella featuring Ben Covington
The story before the love story….
When he lost the only woman he’d ever loved, it seemed there was nothing left to live for.
Even as a boy, all Ben Covington ever wanted was to spend forever with Dahlia London, the beautiful girl Next door...then one life-altering decision tore them apart and he was forced to leave her.
Now, despite having returned to win her back, he’s still alone. She’s with someone else—someone she’s never going to leave.
Resigned to a future without his former girlfriend, Ben numbs his broken heart in a haze of liquor and women. But then the only woman who ever even turned his head while he was with his girl reappears unexpectedly. And he’s never forgotten their one incredible night together. But will Ben’s destructive behavior destroy his future with her before it even begins?





I’ve loved the drama, angst, and characters in each book of Kim Karr’s Connection Series. I am beyond excited that Ben Covington is finally getting a chance to give his point of view in Blurred. This novella is a teaser to Ben’s full story which will come when Kim publishes Frayed.

In my opinion, Ben Covington has a lot of redeeming to do. He’s wronged Dahlia despite his claims that she’s his soul mate and the love of his life. From what I’ve been shown so far, a series of mistakes and questionable choices have led Ben down a path to where he is today – alone and bordering on rock bottom. His story isn’t finished yet, but after finishing Blurred, my perception of Ben is slowly warming up. This hero is weighed down with regret and plagued by “what if”. He may have failed at a happily ever after with Dahlia, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t worthy of one.     

I found this story engaging. It was interesting to watch the plot unfold through the eyes of Ben Covington. His interaction and dynamic with Bell intrigued me. Clearly, he saw something within her that led him to stray from Dahlia, and I’ve been waiting to discover that moment through his eyes since it was revealed several books ago. Even though I already knew the outcome of some of the events that were described (events from the past), seeing them through Ben’s perspective shed new light on them. Whether the choices Ben made were right or wrong, they’ve molded his character and shaped his current situation. He can only learn from those past mistakes and make the best of his options moving forward.

For fans of the Connections Series, you will love Kim Karr’s latest installment Blurred. It’s a quick read that will entice and satisfy you while you wait for Frayed to release. If you haven’t had the chance to discover this series, I highly recommend you become familiar with these books. There’s angst, drama, and some truly unexpected twists that will leave you in shock.



I live in Florida with my husband and four kids. I've always had a love for reading books and writing. Being an English major in college, I wanted to teach at the college level but that was not to be. I went on to receive an MBA and became a project manager until quitting to raise my family. I currently work part-time with my husband and full-time embracing one of my biggest passions—writing.

I wear a lot of hats! Writer, book-lover, wife, soccer-mom, taxi driver, and the all around go-to person of the family. However, I always find time to read. One of my favorite family outings use to be taking my kids to the bookstore or the library. Today, my oldest child is in college and my twins are juniors so they no longer go with me on these outings. And although I don't need to go to the actual store anymore because I have the greatest device ever invented—a Kindle, I still do. There's nothing like a paperback. So now my four year old and I make dates out of going to the bookstore--it's time I love and cherish.

I like to believe in soulmates, kindred spirits, true friends, and Happily-Ever-Afters. I love to drink champagne, listen to music, and hopes to always stay young at heart. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment