Sunday, August 17, 2014

Review: Chained by S.K. Fordham



Stella is a recently widowed 34 year old mother of two; she struggles to move forward in her life, until she meets the sexy Doctor Dean. Sexual desire brings Stella back to the present, but will Dean be able to capture Stella’s heart and keep her? Or will Stella remain chained to the past? Stella is going to have the ride of her life, chance encounters may just have you trying to guess, where she is heading and who is trying to stop her.




Chained was a bit hard for me to get into. However, by the end of the story I really enjoyed the story and the characters.

There is a lot of flashback going on which is what made it hard for me to enjoy, but I understand why the author did it. Stella's husband was recently murdered during a hold up. The flashbacks give us snippets of their life together. She is having a really hard time moving on. She tries really hard for her two sons, Joel and Lucas, but is just going through the motions.

Cue Dean. As soon as he sees Stella he knows he has to get to know her. The two slowly start to form a tentative relationship. Stella feels guilty for even thinking about being with a man who isn't her husband. Dean is willing to take it slow. He is really patient and understanding with Stella.
Stella showed a lot of growth in this book. The author includes Stella's therapy sessions, so we really are involved with her healing.

In the beginning to probably about the middle of the book, the pace of the story was a bit too slow for me. I found myself struggling to read it, but then, I don't know what happened, the story seems to pick up pace and I became very interested. The author created very likable characters which I really enjoyed. Dean is definitely a hottie. You can't help but cheer Stella along her journey. Heads up, though, this book ends in a cliffhanger. However, book two is coming out this month, so you won't have to wait long. After the cliffy, I couldn't wait to get my hands on book 2, Chained to You.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment