Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Most Precious One by Evangelene


My Most Precious One_Ebook



Alexia, Lexi to all her friends, lived her life her way. Even if it meant putting aside her dreams and dealing with her overbearing mother. She loved the world she had created for herself as a waitress in a chic MontrĂ©al bistro. Until one day a businessman comes into the bistro and challenges the life she’s come to love.
She’s caught between her desire for him and the desire to protect what she herself has created. He is domineering and strong with all his wealth and power, as he unapologetically pursues her.
Should she give in? Should she set aside who she is and be with him in his world?
Lukas Blakk is exactly what Lexi has always wanted but the man has a past that Lexi might not be ready for.
Evangelene was born and raised in Montreal Canada. She currently lives with her husband who at times drives her nuts. She has been studying Classical Civilization and Linguistics at Concordia University for over ten years. The pull of the ancient world was too great for her to let go, so she continues her education to feel closer to the world she identifies with.




There are not many books out there with the very Alpha man and a woman who is willing to stick to her guns and not put up with his demands.  This books is a little of both.  Alexia is not one that is willing to let Lukas be the dominant man that he thinks that he is and is willing to say "I Don't Think So", but then he gets a little more demanding and she is like putty in his hands and pretty much gives in to what he wants.  I guess that was one of the many reasons why I didn't know what to think about this book.
Alexia is a waitress at a posh restaurant when she first sets her eyes on the beautiful Lukas.  He is the model of the perfect man.  He is rich, beautiful, and knows what he wants, and that is Alexia.  Alexia sees herself as the typical woman and does not understand why Lukas wants anything to do with her when he can have pretty much any woman that he wants- but what he wants is her and that confuses her a little bit. 
To say that the both of them have a bit of baggage is an understatement.  There always seems to be something that is in his past or something that he has done that is threating to test the relationship that they have.  Everytime, she is willing to look away, but that last time it was enough for her to walk away from it all.
I am not going to say that I loved this book, but I did like it.  I thought that both Alexia and Lukas were likeable characters.  I think I would have liked to have had a duel POV on this one though.  It would have been very interesting to see exactly what was going through Lukas's mind during much of the story.  He seems to be two very different people at times, and that was nice to see, but I think that there could have been more to him then any of us even thought.
Alexia's mother is your typical Greek overbearing mom and that was fun to read.  It totally reminded me of one of my favorite movies "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  I was waiting for the bottle of Windex to come out, because you know that can fix pretty much anything.
The one negative about this book was the editing and spelling errors.  I am pretty sure that the author is not American, or even Canadian.  There were terms used in the book that would not be understood outside of England and the spelling in parts was way off.  There were times that I was reading the book and began to wonder about the editing of the book.  I know that it was edited, but I would have thought that they would have caught some of the errors that I as a typical reader caught on to.





At first, it was a hard-pressed kiss, but my body slowly loosened up under his immense pressure, letting him in. My lips gradually parted and I had my first taste of Lukas. It was simply sinful, like I had been craving him all my life, but hadn’t known it until I tasted him on my lips. His kiss was powerful and demanding, his tongue teasing and controlling. “Mine,” he repeated against my lips. The kiss became frantic as if he was making sure I understood him. My body naturally yielded to him. I could feel every single goose bump on my skin. My whole body was a live wire. He pulled himself away, looking down at me, letting me slide down the wall slowly, his hands cupping my face.
“Breathe,” he whispered, “just breathe.” I lost all sense around me. “Alexia?” he whispered again close to my ear, making my already weakened body wither under his intense voice.





She reads nonstop, devouring books like its food, loving the feeling of being lost in a world that another author has created.


Evangelene started writing her stories ten years ago to express and bring to life all the wonderful characters that inhabit her imagination. She writes for herself and invites readers to join her journey.


FB button FINALtwitter button FinalWebsite buttonGoodreadsFINAL
Goodreads Button with Shadow


Amazon FinalAmazon UK Final







a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment