What you think you know can change before your eyes. Fathers abuse, mothers deceive, best friends betray, sisters dismiss, love controls, and anger consumes.
After graduating from high school, Easton Grace knows exactly what he wants and how to get it. His goal for the summer includes two things: avoiding his father’s wrath and protecting his sister. His carefully laid plans are quickly changed when a girl comes to town causing him to lose his tight grasp of control on everything, including himself.
Following years of sorrow, Taylor Monaco returns to a town she never wanted to see again but will forever call home. Her life was eternally changed by the people in this town, especially one boy. Her heart desires someone she’s not sure her soul can handle.
Can Easton and Taylor find their path before it’s too late - before the storm?
4 Stars!!
Before the Storm is book two in the Storms of Life series. Even those this is the second book in the series I highly recommend reading Haven from the Storm first. I thought I knew how this book was going to play out after I read Haven from the Storm, I was wrong. So wrong. This book is just as beautifully written as Haven from the Storm and I loved how it brought us back even further in Easton and Lilly's lives. I always love getting the back story and really getting to know the characters; it helps me connect so much more. Before the Storm centers around Easton, Lilly, Dean and new comer Taylor. Easton doesn't have the easiest of times with his home life. Even though he has experienced so much hate and hurt he is so strong. He makes it his priority to make sure Lilly is safe and taken care of. Easton thought he had his summer planned out until an unexpected visitor throws those plans out of whack. I loved slowly finding out the history with Taylor. It was like I was experiencing their relationship grow with them. Even as a child, Easton Grace was a smooth talker. I can see why Taylor fell for him.
This book goes from past to present and it flip flops with each chapter. It took me a little bit to get in the rhythm but once I did I loved how it did this. Throughout the book I was constantly wondering what happened between Easton and Taylor in the past and I couldn't read fast enough to find out.
We also get to see this book in Taylor's eyes. Her childhood is just as heartbreaking as Easton's but in a different way. I really felt for Taylor and it broke my heart when little by little her past was revealed. As much as there is sadness and heartbreak in this book, there are also happy moments. Moments that made me laugh and helped easy the pain in my heart.
We can't forget about Lilly and Dean, they play a major part in this book. There are moments in the story that happen that I thought "So THAT is what happened!" and the scene from Haven from the Storm replays in my head. I love love love how Sarah filled in all the blanks.
Sarah's has a way of writing where it flows so perfectly and makes you not want to put this book down. Everyone needs to read this book!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Twitter: @sarahdosher OR https://twitter.com/sarahdosher
Goodreads (author): http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6802529.Sarah_Dosher?from_search=true
Website: http://sarahdosher.com









No comments:
Post a Comment