Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blog Tour & Review: Unspoken by Jen Frederick


Title: Unspoken (Woodlands, #2)

Author:  Jen Frederick

Release date:  Sept. 12, 2013

Age Group:  New Adult

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Tour organized by: AToMR Tours; http://atomrbookblogtours.com



Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary. 

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away.  To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her. 

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.






Rating:  5 Stars

It was easy to love Unspoken by Jen Frederick as I had already fallen for Bo in Woodlands #1, Undeclared.  I was quite anxious to get his back-story and learn a lot more about him.

It’s MY Beauregard “Bo” Randolph’s alpha tendencies, gentle heart and broken past that had me turning page after page.  It was the strength, love and endurance of AnneMarie “AM” West that lent a harmony to her and Bo’s story as they navigated the muddy waters of their haunted pasts, which guided their presents.

AM has been living in a self-imposed exile, only landing herself on campus when absolutely necessary.  She has no interest in dating any men she attends class with. Its after a drunken mistake her first year that she is dubbed a slut and taunted relentlessly.  She won’t run but she’s insistent on keeping her head down to get through her last two years of college.  Her end goal is to graduate and start a career to take care of herself and her mother.

Bo’s quick temper, fighting instinct, and womanizing ways have given him a reputation that he not only embraces but on occasion encourages.  He’s left behind a dark family history that lends fear to the man he wants to be versus the man he thinks he’ll wind up to be. 

When Bo first meets AM its not long after the rumors had started to fly about her alleged easy reputation.  He just sees her as a pretty hook up but when his attempts to garner interest with a wink or a smile get him nothing but apprehension and possibly fear, he gives up.  Almost a year later they wind up in another class together where AM not only acknowledges him, he even catches her watching him.  He senses something different about her from the timid girl he sat in front of her freshman year, something different than other woman he’d normally hook up with and decides this time he’s not letting her get away from him.  In search of info on AM he goes to the campus gossip, Mike, who is Grace’s friend she works with in the library.  It’s then he discovers all the rumors about the name-calling and alleged stories that she’s slept with the entire Lacrosse team.  This means nothing to Bo, he could care less, after all he’s bedded his fair share.

Although AM can’t help but notice Bo, she’s frustrated when he essentially forces her to be his lab partner.  She knows he’s beyond tempting and the urge to resist him isn’t strong.  But she soon realizes there is a whole lot more to him than just the rumors she’s heard about him.  He doesn’t deny the fighting, he doesn’t deny the women but eventually he wants her to see that even though he may not believe he’s worthy of her, they would be amazing together and deserve a chance.  And when AM finally gives in..O-M-G!!!  These two are beyond HOT together.  It’s been a long time since I’ve had “stupid grin” slapped on my face and red-hot cheeks!  Bo and AM burned up my Kindle.

These two are so complimentary to each other.  AM won’t let Bo get away with anything, she calls him out and he does the same with her.  Even before the ‘L’ word pops up, which is a while for these two, they begin to balance each other out, calm those muddy waters.  They are able to face the challenges that hold them back head on, making each other and their relationship that much stronger.  It’s not without its hitches, its not that it all comes easy for them but they definitely become stronger together more than apart.

The Woodland boys are all back in Unspoken, Noah, Finn (my No. 2 after Bo), Mal and Adam, along with a new addition Gray (who I hope gets a book all his own).  Grace and Lana also are back.  Ellie, AM’s best friend and roommate, and Sasha and Brian, AM’s neighbors, and Ryan, Ellie’s…all round out the wonderful characters Jen has created.  I absolutely LOVED loved loved Unspoken.






Jen Frederick lives with her husband, child, and one rambunctious dog.  She's been reading stories all her life but never imagined writing one of her own. Jen loves to hear from readers so drop her a line at jensfrederick@gmail.com.













(Woodlands, #1)

For four years, Grace Sullivan wrote to a Marine she never met, and fell in love. But when his deployment ended, so did the letters. Ever since that day, Grace has been coasting, academically and emotionally. The one thing she's decided? No way is Noah Jackson - or any man - ever going to break her heart again.
Noah has always known exactly what he wants out of life. Success. Stability. Control. That's why he joined the Marines and that's why he's fighting his way - literally - through college. Now that he's got the rest of his life on track, he has one last conquest: Grace Sullivan. But since he was the one who stopped writing, he knows that winning her back will be his biggest battle yet.
























1 comment: