Title: Very Bad Things (#1 Briarcrest
Academy)
Author: Ilsa Madden-Mills
Release date: September 9.13.2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Leaving behind her million dollar mansion and Jimmy Choos, she becomes a girl hell-bent on pushing the limits with alcohol, drugs, and meaningless sex.
Then she meets her soulmate. But he doesn’t want her.
When it comes to girls, twenty-five-year old Leo Tate has one rule: never fall in love. His gym and his brother are all he cares about…until he meets Nora. He resists the pull of their attraction, hung up on their six year age difference.
As they struggle to stay away from each other, secrets will be revealed, tempers will flare, and hearts will be broken.
Welcome to Briarcrest Academy…where sometimes, the best things in life are
Very Bad Things.
Leo
Resists Nora
As if he’d made a decision, he pulled
me out into the quiet hallway. Once we were alone, he said, “Now, about last
night—” he stopped, appearing stuck on what to say.
“Yeah?”
He took two steps away from me, like
he needed some space between us, like what he was going to say was difficult.
He ran his hand through his hair furiously, pulling on the ends a little.
“Nora, look, I think you’re a pretty girl, but there won’t be anything between
us.”
My face flushed because I had acted
inappropriately last night. Like a slut, really. Yet I didn’t regret it. And
then there was my bad list. I wanted him for my meaningless sex. Still.
“Because you think I’m too young.”
“Yes.” He blew out a breath. “I’m
sorry if I come across as a prick here, but I don’t want you to get the wrong
idea about me. I don’t do serious relationships ever, and you deserve something good, not just a quick fuck.”
I stared at his full lips, not holding
back. “I like it when you say ‘fuck.’”
Very Bad Things is the first book in the Briarcrest Academy Series and the
debut novel from author Ilsa Madden-Mills. I was absolutely floored by this
novel! It was beyond phenomenal, and it is officially one of my ALL TIME
FAVORITE NOVELS!
Nora Blakely is my new girl crush!
She’s eccentric and unapologetic. Thank goodness for a girl with a brain. I
loved her strength throughout the novel. She kept her head up and didn’t let
herself breakdown. It was refreshing to see a female character that didn’t
throw pity parties and wallow because life was anything but pleasant. She is a
badass and I wish there were more female leads like her.
The story had me hooked from the
prologue. I could not put the book down, but at the same time I didn’t devour
this book in an instant. This book is like a fine wine. It should be sipped not
chugged. I savored every word and wanted the story to never end.
The sex scenes were anything but
timid. There is one in particular (if you’ve read the book I’m sure you
instantly know which one I’m referring to) that left my mouth open and my eyes
wide. It was beyond sexy and fresh – an interesting twist and detour from the
monotony sex scenes can sometimes have.
Very Bad Things deviates from the cookie-cutter mold of New Adult and is a
delightfully naughty treat. Ilsa Madden-Mills delivers a wickedly satisfying
story about rebelling against the life you know in order to find the life you
need.
This story is
mind-blowingly fantastic! Drop everything you are reading and one-click Very
Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills. You’ll definitely thank me. I cannot wait
to get my hands on the next installment in the Briarcrest Academy Series!
Amazing….Amazing….Amazing. I absolutely loved Very Bad Things. My heart broke for Nora. My heart ached for Leo. There story isn’t easy. You want to strangle both of them at the same time you want to hug them. They are both dealing with things from their past that could wreck their future in some way.
“Even after all that has happened to me, I’ve never given up wishing on stars.”
Nora Blakely is the poster child for perfect and her mother wouldn’t have it any other way. That is until one day she snaps. Which I must say, may be one of my most favorite scenes in a book…ever. I knew from that moment on that I would love Nora. She was done being perfect and ready to do some very bad things. She sets out on this journey to find the real Nora, the one she has hidden behind the word ‘perfect’. In the end it makes her stronger and pretty kick ass.
“She consumed me, my head, my heart, my skin, my blood, my muscles, everything aching for the physical touch of her body.”
Leo Tate has lost a lot in his life and was forced to grow up fast. His parents were taken way too early, so he dropped everything to take care of his brother, Sebastian. His brother is his life and he would do anything for him. They moved to Texas so Sebastian can attend one of the best private schools around. That is where he sees her…Nora. He is instantly drawn to her and that scares him. Scares him so much he pushes her away, afraid to love someone, afraid to lose someone else. I want a Leo of my own, where can I find one?
“He was my Prince Charming, but I wasn’t his Cinderella.”
This is a must read and I enjoyed every second of this book. Ilsa drew me in from the beginning and didn’t let me go till the end. I can’t wait to read the second book in this series. I hope it is Sebastian’s story, he is definitely Book Boyfriend material.
Ilsa Madden-Mills is a loving wife and mother, a loyal friend, and a
teacher. When all that is done, she writes. Obsessively.
She spends her days with two small kids, a neurotic cat, and her Viking husband. She collects magnets and rarely cooks except to bake her own pretzels.
When she’s not typing away at a story, you can find her drinking too much Diet Coke, jamming out to Pink, or checking on her carefully maintained chocolate stash.
She loves to hear from from fans and fellow authors. Check her out on Facebook or her author website.
She spends her days with two small kids, a neurotic cat, and her Viking husband. She collects magnets and rarely cooks except to bake her own pretzels.
When she’s not typing away at a story, you can find her drinking too much Diet Coke, jamming out to Pink, or checking on her carefully maintained chocolate stash.
She loves to hear from from fans and fellow authors. Check her out on Facebook or her author website.
Barnes & Noble and Kobo still to come.








Thank you ladies! ♥
ReplyDelete