Title: Tears of Tess
Author: Pepper Winters
Genre: Erotic/Dark Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 6, 2013
Tour Organized by: As the Pages Turn
Author: Pepper Winters
Genre: Erotic/Dark Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 6, 2013
Tour Organized by: As the Pages Turn
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18134894-tears-of-tess
A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.
“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”
Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility.
For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.
But lusty paradise is shattered.
Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror.
Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.
Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?
5 WTF Stars
Three little words.
I was sold
Have you ever read a book that you enjoyed so much and then thought "holy hell...why am I liking this so much"?!? Yes? No? Maybe?
Tears of Tess had my mind so all over the place:
WTF?!? Q is an asshole|
OMG!!! I love Q!
I know Q didn't just do that?!?
*Sigh* Q!
Seriously...mind fuck anyone?!?
Tess's boyfriend, Brax, decides to take her on a surprise vacation in Mexico. Tess is so excited! She has decided to use this trip as a way to reconnect with Brax...to tell him all the sexual desires that she has kept hidden from him.
Here's the thing...Brax is a GREAT guy. Seriously, he's a sweetheart, however Tess doesn't feel THAT feeling with him...that uncontrolled desire for him.
Tess is sexually unsatisified. She wants to be DOMINATED, she wants to be POSSESSED, she wants to be OWNED.
I wanted a new label. One that said: girlfriend who will do anything to be tied, spanked, and fucked all over than adored.
While enjoying their vacation Tess is kidnapped by human traffickers who leave a beatened and bloodied Brax on the floor leaving Tess to not knowing if he is dead or alive.
Tess tries to keep herself and sanity intact while under the care of her abductors. She is beaten, torn down, and broken but continues to fight for her survival while trying to not show any weakness.
Every part hurt: my heart, body, and soul. I was sucked deep into the pit where snakes and monsters lived, wallowing in self-pity.
Tess is eventually sold. She goes from living in one type of hell in to what she knows will be another.
"I am nobody's possession."
"Ah, but you're wrong. You already are. Sold. Contracted. The deed is done."
Tess is terrified of what will happen to her while under her new owner's care but she is a fighter...she stays strong...she fights to keep 'Tess' alive.
"You are mine. Through circumstances I will not discuss with you, you have come into my possession, and therefore must obey me in all things."
Here's where it all goes to shit for Tess and well me as a reader.
Q is the bad guy right? RIGHT?!? I mean he has a 'slave' from a human trafficker. She was given to him as a gift but he owns her none the less. I, the reader, should loathe him...Tess, the herione, should despise him.
I actually really LIKED him (hello...I said mindfuck) and Tess...well she responds to Q in ways that she shouldn't, in ways that she never responded to Brax.
Two things I wanted most in the world:for Q to die a miserable death, and for him to fuck me. Being restrained highlighted all my stupid fantasies; I couldn't stop the building moisture.
Q loves his eslaves' fight and determination but he is confused by her reaction to him. He feels an unwanted pull towards her and her responding to him sexually only peaks his desire for her more.
Tess enjoys the desire that Q makes her feel but hates herself for it. She knows she shouldn't crave what Q does to her but her body reacts to him in ways that she can't control...in ways that make her question everything.
Q isn't at all what he seems or is he?
Is he really the bad guy?
Does he have any true feelings for Tess?
Will he grant her freedom to her?
Or is he rally just a monster like the men who captured her?
"You must never ever let me break you completely. I need your fire, your temper. Your unbreakable will."
***********************************************I'm REALLY excited to get my hands on Quintessentially Q, book 2. I am excited to see where Pepper Winters takes us next on this journey
5 Stars
"Ah, esclave you're in serious trouble. I'll never be able to leave you alone now." -Q (Tess's master)
Four dark and intense stars! Wow! I really, really enjoyed this book, but it was definitely not a sweet ride. Of course I knew this book was about being sold into slavery, and I have read others that I enjoyed and was looking forward to this. Call me crazy but I love the dark and twisted stories, and this one did not disappoint.
This is the story of Tess and her journey of discovery and her life as a slave. She is not your typical girl who gets sold into slavery. She did not behave like I expected, and at times I wanted to scream at her for it. Although, her reaction to her slavery was probably her saving grace. She has her own dark and twisted secrets, and I honestly think she is about as fucked up as I have seen in certain ways. She changed her mind constantly, but I think it was all part of her twisted mind fighting her sane mind. Her unexpected darkness only added to the story for me.
"No matter how painful, I wanted to wear the memories like armour, so I never grew weak again." -Tess
And her master, Q, is definitely a different breed as well. I did not fall in love with him instantly, but I did eventually come to not only understand and appreciate him but actually really like him. He is exactly the brutal master you would expect, but in other ways he is something else entirely. And his darkness only compliments Tess's.
"You may not be mine. But I am fast becoming yours." -Q
This is a story of secrets waiting to be revealed and people discovering who they truly are. It is dark and definitely had some of the more shocking scenes I have ever read. It's intense but I loved that about it. It did not go the way I expected which is always a plus for me.
I loved, loved, loved her writing style. I loved the way she described certain things. I loved the way it flowed. It was unique, and it only added to the story. Although the first couple of chapters were a little slow, it picked up quickly and grabbed onto me and did not let go! I definitely recommend this book if you like a dark and twisted ride. This is not a sweet romance. It is not light and fluffy, but it is amazing for the story it is.
Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero the better and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex… her books have sex.
She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby (who speaks French—hot!) who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends. She loves to hear from her readers so hit her up at pepperwinters@gmail.com








I can't wait to read this
ReplyDelete