Alexander Avery is a gorgeous and successful corporate genius who doesn’t believe in love. When his girlfriend-of-convenience calls into Angel’s program, he is furious with the show’s host who doles out (what he considers) blind advice, without knowing all the facts… and he decides to give her a piece of his mind, and his side of the story!
When Angel informs Alex he’s the one in need of a much-deserved lesson, all hell breaks loose as these two type-A personalities battle it out for control over minds and hearts, and yes, in bed. Not only are they fighting each other at every turn, but they are also struggling to uphold the convictions they each live by.
It’s unclear who is stronger, but both must discover that to get what they desperately want, they may have to give a little… or a lot.
I was so pleasantly surprised by this book. I thought that I was once again going to read a book about this Alpha Male and the weak minded let me walk all over you female. I am SO glad that I was wrong!
Angel is a criminal profiler by day, but once a week she does a local call in talk show to help the "Relationship Challenged" people of Chicago. It is during one of these chats that she challenges caller to stop being a doormat. Tell him that either he commits to the relationship or show him the door. Little does she know that the caller is the "Girlfriend of Convenience" of Alexander Avery.
Alex is the Alpha male best friend of the shows producer. Needless to say Alex is none too pleased that this radio Dr is giving out relationship advice with only one side of the story and sets out to show her that he is not the man whore that she thinks that he is.
Once again, character development is huge. I was prepared for Christian Grey I am better then all men character and that is not the case. Alex grows on you so much that by the end of the book you are rooting for him and Angel to drive off to the HEA that all books are made of. Angel is not a girl that sits down and lets men walk over her. She sticks up for herself and what she believes in. When these 2 connect it is pretty intense and WOW OH WOW! The sheets are smoking and it is not from a fire! It was kinda refreshing to read about two professional career minded characters with real realistic relationship. The problem is that is ends in a cliffhanger and I was not prepared for that. I can't wair for the next one and hope that it is just as good or better then this one!
Amazon Bestselling Author, Kahlen is an award-winning author of sizzling hot, deeply moving contemporary romance. Her stories are filled with intense love, passion, angst and emotion that breathes life into her characters and leaves her readers captivated. She lives near Omaha, Nebraska with her daughter, Olivia and their three dogs. Creative by nature, she enjoys the arts, music and theater… But the love of her life is writing!
**Social Links
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kahlen.aymes
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kahlen_Aymes
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5768062.Kahlen_Aymes
**Buy Links
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Angel-After-Dark-Series-ebook/dp/B00HCK1TZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389312347&sr=8-1&keywords=kahlen+aymes
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/389104






No comments:
Post a Comment