Sunday, January 26, 2014

Undeniable Series Spotlight

Warning: This is not a "typical love story". This is an all-consuming, soul-crushing, tear-your-heart-into-pieces story. It’s intense, gritty and raw, dark and disturbing, and it doesn’t happen overnight. This is an epic love story that knows no boundaries and has no time limits. It grows and develops—with hurt, sacrifice, and heartache—over the span of a lifetime. 

Eva Fox is the princess of the Silver Demons Motorcycle Club. Growing up with bikers in the club lifestyle is all that she knows. When she’s a young girl, Eva meets the reason for her existence. Deuce West is the sexy, biker bad-ass of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. Like Eva, he was born and raised in the club—but that’s where the similarities end. Their first meeting is innocent, but as Eva matures into a woman, their chance reunions evolve into a fit of lust and love. Fate continues to bring them together time and time again, but their twisted journey is filled with pain, betrayal, and bloodshed that could tear them apart. Eva sees in Deuce what he cannot see in himself—a man worthy of love—and Eva spends her lifetime proving to him that her undeniable love is the one thing he can’t live without. 


This is Eva and Deuce’s story. 


It wasn’t easy. 

Nothing worth doing ever is.

And love is worth everything.


So this isn't an actual 'review'. I never wrote one for Undeniable and it's mainly because I never realized how important reviews actually are. It's great to rate a book, but if people don't know why you rated it that, then it's almost pointless. So this is more of a 'Danielle Looking Back' but I'm too lazy to make a fancy banner for it so here goes...

Undeniable was purchased way back in December 2012 for $1.99. I have no clue if this was a special sale price or what but if not, Madeline Sheehan seriously cheated herself financially. I had NEVER read any books with a 'biker' theme. It wasn't that I wasn't interested in them it's just that I never found one that clicked with me. That has ended up being an issue for me down the 'reading road'. EVERY SINGLE biker book I read I compare to UnD, which isn't fair because you literally can't compare them. UnD is in a class all it's own.
It's remarkable.
It's raw.
It's gritty.
It's epic. <--- This word is overused but let's be honest, UnD is epic.

What makes UnD so noteworthy?
The storyline. The characters. The writing.
Every single detail makes you crave more.
I couldn't put it down and when it was over I NEEDED more BUT this was so 2012- this was all that had been released so far.

Deuce West. Jesus Christ. Deuce West.
A knight in shining armor riding in to save the day on a fancy white horse?
LMFAO- HELL NO!
He's the badass Hell’s Horsemen MC President, he wears a leather cut, he rides a motorcycle, he kills, he swears, he cheats....and I LOVE that asshole.
There I said it- I LOVE DEUCE WEST.
He's the anti-hero.
He's the one you are supposed to stay away from and I.LOVE.HIM. and I don't care.

Eva Fox.
She's your wild as hell friend that you secretly want to be.
You want to be brave like her, have no limits and just let lose like her BUT that's not all Eva is.
No she isn't just the hell on wheels daughter of the 
Silver Demons MC President- she's so much more.
She's an amazing friend, tough and sweet at the same time, she's her own person and doesn't apologize for it.
You root for her and Deuce - at times and in ways that you almost feel guilty for - BUT I don't care.
If you've read reviews or heard about the age difference (18 years if I'm remembering correctly) and aren't crazy about that, my advice? GET.OVER.IT. It would really suck for THAT to be your hang up and for you to miss out on this series.

Deuce West and Eva Fox have that one in a million love.
It's crazy, it's wild, it doesn't fit in the 'cookie cutter' box that society would prefer it to fit in but it's still beautiful- it's Undeniable.



What the wholly fuck! That shit was twisted...like seriously twisted; but this messed up girly kind of loved it in the end. I had moments where I literally felt sick to my stomach, then would be laughing; there was a lot of WTF moments with my hand flying to my mouth and my jaw hitting the floor because Sheehan went there...like really went there. I think one of the fantastic things about this book is actually how down and dirty it was, how dark and ugly it got, because that's real life sometimes. Things aren't always packaged pretty and neat...love and life isn't that easy. Don't get me wrong I had a hard time with some of the shit that went down and I do like my HEA's gift wrapped for me on occasion all sweet and fluffy like cotton candy; but whatever good/bad feelings it incited...it did incite them which makes it worth a read to me whether I love it in the end or not. This one rocked me and now I need some thing light, fluffy and sugary so I'm taking everyone's advice and I am going to start reading Seduction & Snacks! Anyone who hasn't read Undeniable give it a chance but heed Sheehan's WARNING: "This is not a typical, sappy, love story. This is an all-consuming, soul-crushing, tear-your-heart-into-pieces story. It’s intense, gritty and raw, dark and disturbing, and it doesn’t happen overnight. This is an epic love story that knows no boundaries and has no time limits. It grows and develops—with hurt, sacrifice, and heartache—over the span of a lifetime." She wasn't kidding!

Review from April 11, 2013.

Warning: This is not a story about fate or destiny. This is a story about pain, sorrow, and suffering. This is an impulsive whirlwind romance between two lovers that are not meant to be together. Theirs is not a world with sunshine and roses. Instead, their love blossoms in a secret world full of crime, violence, and death. Their story is about what can be born from nightmares. 

Danielle “Danny” West is the daughter of Deuce West, President of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. A sweet and beautiful girl, she loses her way, searching for things that are always out of her reach. Erik “Ripper” Jacobs is the Sergeant of Arms in the Hell’s Horsemen. Once a man who always had a smile on his face, his life takes a turn for the worst when a tragedy befalls him, leaving him scarred and broken. During a midsummer night, Danny and Ripper’s paths cross, forever changing their lives. Hastily, their lust turns to love until another tragedy forces them apart. On a journey that is marred with ugliness and chaos, Danny and Ripper must discover if their unforeseen connection can find the beauty in their world. 


This is Danny and Ripper’s story. 


Everything has beauty. Even the ugly. Especially the ugly.

Because without ugly, there would be no beauty.


Love. 
There are no rules when it comes to love.
Love is not a reaction or an action; it is not a destiny or a choice.
Love is a feeling, a real, raw, and unscripted emotion so sensationally pure, unable to dull even under the strain of a world against it, strong enough to heal the broken and warm even the coldest of hearts.
Innate.
Unavoidable.
Undeniable.
And sometimes, love is unconventional and it breaks all the rules and blurs all the lines and basks in its glory, shining as bright as the sun, unapologetically glowing even under the narrowed states of society and its screaming, self-righteous morals, berating and judging that which it doesn't understand.

Madeline Sheehan you are a genius and an incredible author!

I hate writing a review for a book when I literally feel like anything I say will be such a horrible understatement. Undeniable was raw, gritty, & often times heartbreakingly horrible yet I loved every single fucked up minute of it. I'm not saying that Unbeautifully isn't all those things BUT I think the fact that Deuce & Eva are spread throughout make the story...dare I say...heartwarming?

Unbeautifully picks up where the epilogue in Undeniable left off BUT the best part is that a lot of this story is what happened in the past. I've always wondered what happened to Deuce and Eva because I loved how happy they were in the epilogue but I knew that they didn't get there easily since this is Deuce and Eva we are talking about. I loved reading all the obstacles they overcame has individuals, as a couple, and as a family. Real life isn't full of sunshine and rainbows...real life is hard and at times so fucked up that you have a hard time moving on & putting the past behind you. Deuce and Eva are no exception.

Unbeautifully focuses on Danny and Ripper. Danny of course is Deuce's eldest daughter & Ripper is his righthand man in the Hell's Horseman Motorcycle Club. Danny & Ripper spend a night together that soon turns into more despite Ripper's initial reluctance to it.

"Baby," he said gruffly. "Man like me got no business with a girl like you. You're nothin' but fuckin' beauty and I'm a whole lot of fuckin' ugly who's already halfway to hell."
But he was wrong.
Everything has beauty. Even the ugly. Especially the ugly.
Because without ugly, there would be no beauty.
Because without beauty, we would not survive our pain, our sorrow, and our suffering.
Ours was the furtherest thing from a picture-perfect romance; it was more like a car crash, a metal-bending, blood-splattered disaster that left no survivors, only bad memories and heartache.
But it was ours.
And because it was ours...I wouldn't change a thing.
Danny and Ripper's story is emotionally beautiful yet emotionally painful too. It's the kind of story that takes your emotions all over the place. I went from smiling, to crying, to laughing, to cringing all at the turn of a page. That's what make Mrs. Sheehan so brilliant; she hits all of your emotions one by one and leaves you satisfied at the same time.

"Stop ignoring this! Me! Just stop it! Admit it! Fucking admit you love me!"
"Yeah!" He yelled, grabbing my biceps and shaking me hard. "I fuckin' love you, bitch! I've only ever loved you and I ain't never stopped!"
Raw? Yes.
Gritty? Yes.
Real? Yes.
Undeniably beautiful? ABSOLUTELY!!!

***Even though I still love that asshole Deuce with a crazy fierceness, I officially want to be Ripper's #1 bitch.***

Warning: This is not a virtuous and tender love story. It’s chaotic, ruthless, and tragic. This story takes love and kills its innocence, steals away the pure moments, and crushes the hearts of the broken. A story born in childhood, tying one girl to one boy, leads to a destructive path—that hurts more than it doesn’t, that shatters more than it heals—testing the love that binds the two through a lifetime. 


Tegen Matthews is the daughter of Dorothy Kelley, a club whore in the Hell’s Horsemen. A plain little girl, Tegen falls into the gritty world of the motorcycle club. When she meets a sweet, caring boy, she embraces the warmth and affection he shows her. Cage West is the son of the president of the Hell’s Horsemen. Tall and blond with deep brown eyes, as he grows up Cage realizes the power of his dimpled smile and smooth drawl. With one chance encounter, Tegen becomes forever tied to Cage. Following is a wayward journey that is filled with regrets, mistakes, and heartache, pulling at the threads that hold them together. Cage and Tegen fight hard but love harder, and in the end, what matters is where the journey takes one girl and one boy, who have been twined with one another since the beginning. 


This is Tegen and Cage’s story.

Love doesn’t erase a broken heart, and it sure doesn’t change people. But no matter how old, how flimsy, how frayed the rope of love is, it keeps you tethered to the people you love.



Madeline.Sheehan.Is.A.Rock.Star.

You know those moments in a book where you are gutted?
Like the parts where your heart is ripped out of your chest, you can't breath, and you are literally saying "OH GOD NO"?!?
This book, like Undeniable and UnBeautifully, had those moments every single chapter.
EVERY.SINGLE.CHAPTER

You don't like Madeline Sheehan as a person?
You don't like her as an author?
You don't like her characters and what they do?
Guess what?!?

“Reel it the fuck in."

YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT!

"You feel me?"

Shocker huh?!?

Unattainable is the story of Cage and Tegan but it's also the story of Dirty and Ellie.

From chaos, the strongest sort of love is usually born.


To be honest, in UnD and UnB I only really cared for Cage as Deuce's son, not for who he was on his own. I know, I know, I'm probably in the minority here but I just wasn't feeling him. He was a good character but just not who I was focused on during these books.

Did I want to hear his story after reading them? Sure.
Did I NEED it? Not really...I wanted ZZ's more.
How do I feel now after reading UnA? Well...like a dumbass.

Cage and Tegan
Here's the thing about Cage and Tegan. They are the type of people that fight hard BUT they are also the type of people that love harder. I LOVE characters like that.
You know, the slap him in the face then fuck his brains out characters?!?
I LOVE THEM!

“I’m layin’ fuckin’ claim to you, Tegen, every single fuckin’ part of you, right the fuck now.”
“You can’t have any part of me!” I cried, trying to turn my head but his grip on my hair was too tight. Grunting, he yanked my head backward, forcing me to look up at him.
“Wrong,” he growled. “I’ve always had you. Only difference is now, I’m takin’ you.”
Oh my God, what did that mean? What the shit did that mean?
“Take it, Teacup,” he said hoarsely. “Be my girl.”
The relationship between Cage and Tegan isn't easy...there are ups that are so high up that make you think "finally" and there are downs that are so far down that make you want to bitch slap some sense into both of them and watch them fuck it out.

The thing is, when you have characters like these two you savor every single moment, the good, the bad, the love, and the hate. It's part of the whole package and when they hate each other you hate them too but when they love each other?!? Oh God...you love them too.

“Just me and you.”
“Forever.”


Dirty and Ellie
This storyline is probably the hardest for some people.
Why?
Well Dirty isn't exactly the best person in the world...let's be honest though, none of these characters are working towards sainthood.

Here's the thing about Madeline Sheehan, the author- I loathed Dirty as a character before. LOATHED HIM!
Before- Me root for Dirty? Hell to the no!
After- Um...I get him...I understand him...I cheered him on!
Weird huh?
How can you understand a character so flawed and that does unforgivable things?
How do you turn the anti-hero into a superhero?
You read it, you feel it, you sympathize, you understand it.

Dirty saves Ellie at a time when she needs to be saved and you know what? She saves him too.
She saves the broken and destroyed man that he has become due to horrendous things that happened in his past. They save each other and my God it was beautiful.

"You did this, you made me love you by just being you and, all my life, everything I’ve ever wanted, I worked hard to get it, and now I want you and I want you to love me and want you to want to be loved in return."
You can love or hate this series BUT what you take away from the books is that they make you feel regardless of whether it's love or hate. That's why I love this series. It guts you, tears you apart, and then puts you back together but sometimes....sometimes a little piece of yourself is left behind with the characters and that...that is what reading all about.

 TEN THINGS ABOUT ME

By Madeline Sheehan (and a whole lot of other people)

Let me start this off by saying, when I try to think up interesting facts about myself, I end up saying really strange and random things like, “I like beef jerky” or “Guess how many body piercings I have?” or “Did you know I can crochet?” and honestly, who really cares, right?

So, instead I created a focus group (so-to-speak) compiled of my friends and peers and asked them to come up with TEN THINGS ABOUT ME. They came up with a whole lot more than ten, and as you can see below, we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Madeline: So. I need to put together ten random things about me. Who wants to go first?
Virginia: You have big boobs.
Courtney: You are a zombie lover.
Ellie: You have hot big boobs.
Madeline: Really? That is all you can come up with? Big boobs? And I that I love zombies??

Ellie: You have a massive huge crush on me!
Cindy: Your favorite word is “fuck” and all variations of it.
Kristina: You’re a fan of body art.
Heather: You’re wicked smart, FIERCE, and actually really girly!
Joanne: You don’t stand for bullshit, tells it like it is, and will kick someone's ass for a friend.
Virginia: You are one of the most loyal and best friends ever.
Nicole: You’re quiet until you’re comfortable with someone.

Virginia: You hang your sunglasses on the mirror in your bedroom. So when you send selfies we see them.
Nicole: Wait a minute! Why don't I get selfies!? You send me one. Right. Now.
Christina: I don’t get selfies either?

Madeline: You want a selfie? Here’s a selfie!
Nicole: Dear lord…
Christina: Oh…wow.
Nicole: That’s a terrible selfie.
Madeline: LMFAO!

Pam: You’re crazy talented! And Goofy!
Hillary: You are very giving and kind.
Nicole: You’re a BITCH! Lmao!
Hillary: I was just totally kissing ass, by the way!

Brian: You’re fun, artistic, strong, bullheaded, intelligent, awesome parent and wife. You are able to drink like an Irish Dock Worker, you care about things more than you let on, you are an amazing friend and finally, you give more than take. And if you need something more personal...there is always that thing that happened-that one time-at that one Noco Gas station!

Toski: #NippleRipper Best story ever!
Joanne: Did someone say "Ripper"? My heart just skipped a beat.
Toski: Oh, and you have the sweetest voice I've ever heard.

Crystal: You look Russian.
Gail: That you love to go on cruises and we're secretly planning one with our men! (After one of them trims his Duck-Dynasty beard) LMAO.

Amanda: Dude. This is hard. Let me think.

Virginia: Oohhh. I have one. YOU LOVE male models.
Crystal: Especially when they’re wearing sweaters! LOL!
Toski: Turtleneck sweaters!

…And thus concludes “Ten Things About Me…” ;)







3 comments:

  1. It kinda crushed me when I found out Madeline doesn't like sweaters, not gonna lie. Other than that, everything about her is awesome! Magnificent post, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on your reviews Danielle! Madeline is amazeballs! Don't even get me started on our man Duece. Holy hotness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best review ever! You captured the essence of her books perfectly, they change lives. Her talent is endless and the stories amazing. Please review her Trinity series which is very different but just as awesome. It is hard to say which is better, they stand alone being so different but equally great reads. Nobody writes stories like Madeline Sheehan and she is an author unlike no other, not to be over looked!

    ReplyDelete