HAPPY RELEASE DAY TO CASSIA LEO AND HER NEW BOOK ABANDON!
This gritty spin-off of the New York Times bestselling Shattered Hearts Series follows mysterious and sexy Tristan as he attempts to abandon his demons in the name of love. This full-length novel can be read as a stand-alone or after Bring Me Home.
A steady stream of meaningless sex is all Tristan has left when he discovers the grandmother who raised him is dying and his best friend is getting married. He is lost; and the dark secrets in his past keep coming back to remind him of this.
Until Tristan has an idea that will change his life and fulfill his dying grandmother’s wishes: Abandon his playboy ways and settle down.
And who better to do it with than Senia, the girl who has occupied his thoughts since their scorching hot tryst in the back of his sports car. The girl who makes him laugh and feel like a kid again.
But when his world begins to crumble around him, the pain Tristan is hiding finds its way to the surface. Will Tristan finally learn to trust again? Or will he abandon Senia when she needs him the most?
CHAPTER TEN
When she steps inside the house, I find myself feeling a bit self-conscious. The house looks fine. It’s pretty tiny, but it’s completely remodeled. I can’t remember if Senia has ever been here, but I don’t want to admit this.
“It looks different,” she says as she looks around. “I guess you and Chris really took care of your families after you hit the big time. What’s that like?”
“What’s what like?”
She turns to me and fixes me with a worried stare. “Having a family to take care of?”
Her words stop me cold. “I never really thought of it that way. I just do it because it’s my job and … and I love them.”
She shakes her head as she looks away. “I’ve never had to take care of anyone. Even when Sophie was a baby, my parents never made me change diapers or babysit. My older sisters did that. I don’t know how to act like a mother, much less be one.”
“You want to take off that coat?” I ask as I shut the front door.
“I’m fine. I can’t stay too long. I just wanted to talk about … you know.”
“Sit down,” I say, placing my hand on her back to guide her toward the sofa. As soon as I feel the coolness of her coat under my hand, a worried thought crosses my mind. “Is this coat warm enough for the snow? Snow season starts in a few weeks. Do you need another coat?”
She takes a seat on the sofa and looks up at me as if I’m an alien. “I have other coats, thanks.”
“It looks different,” she says as she looks around. “I guess you and Chris really took care of your families after you hit the big time. What’s that like?”
“What’s what like?”
She turns to me and fixes me with a worried stare. “Having a family to take care of?”
Her words stop me cold. “I never really thought of it that way. I just do it because it’s my job and … and I love them.”
She shakes her head as she looks away. “I’ve never had to take care of anyone. Even when Sophie was a baby, my parents never made me change diapers or babysit. My older sisters did that. I don’t know how to act like a mother, much less be one.”
“You want to take off that coat?” I ask as I shut the front door.
“I’m fine. I can’t stay too long. I just wanted to talk about … you know.”
“Sit down,” I say, placing my hand on her back to guide her toward the sofa. As soon as I feel the coolness of her coat under my hand, a worried thought crosses my mind. “Is this coat warm enough for the snow? Snow season starts in a few weeks. Do you need another coat?”
She takes a seat on the sofa and looks up at me as if I’m an alien. “I have other coats, thanks.”
I sit next to her and chuckle as she scoots a few inches away from me. “Are you afraid of being close to me?”
“Yes.”
“I can keep my hands to myself. You sure you don’t want to take that off?” I ask, giving her sleeve a soft tug.
“I thought you said you could keep your hands to yourself.”
“I didn’t touch you. I touched your coat.”
She narrows her eyes at me and leans back to get more comfortable. “Aren’t you going to offer me something to drink?”
“You can’t drink in your condition.”
“Why, yes, I’d love a glass of water. Thank you.”
“Yes.”
“I can keep my hands to myself. You sure you don’t want to take that off?” I ask, giving her sleeve a soft tug.
“I thought you said you could keep your hands to yourself.”
“I didn’t touch you. I touched your coat.”
She narrows her eyes at me and leans back to get more comfortable. “Aren’t you going to offer me something to drink?”
“You can’t drink in your condition.”
“Why, yes, I’d love a glass of water. Thank you.”
Abandon can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend reading the first three books in the Shattered Heart series before you read this book. In those first three books you will have the base history between Tristan/Senia and Claire/Chris.
The Shattered Heart Series is one of my favorites. The moment I read Relentless, Cassia Leo had sucked me in. I didn’t think any of her books would top Chris and Claire but boy was I wrong! Abandon just became my number one book of hers and I absolutely LOVE Tristan and Senia, I can even get over his long hair… and that’s a hard one for me! It is written in duel POVs, another plus!
Tristan is the bassist for Chris Knight; he is a womanizer but has something that sucks you in. His grandmother who has acted as his mother since he was nine years old just found out she has stage four-breast cancer. She is currently raising his thirteen-year-old sister, Molly. As you go through the story you slowly learn things about Tristan’s past that will break your heart. I am surprised that he turned out to be such a strong man, he has his flaws but you cant help falling head over heels for him.
Senia is Claire’s best friend from college. They didn’t know each other before then but became close very fast. The two are basically sisters. Senia comes from a wealthy family and had a good boyfriend Eddie in the first three books. When Abandon starts it picks up after their break up and your heart just pulls for Senia while you read her struggles. Even through her struggles she has this feisty side to her that will have you laughing. She is spunky and I think that’s why I liked her so much.
Tristan and Senia have been dancing around each other for three years and finally one day at a yogurt shop their lives intertwine in ways they never thought they would. This is probably the best thing that could ever happen. The whole story is basically set on Tristan coming to terms with his past and moving forward. I love how strong Senia is during everything and stays by his side. They are thrown A LOT of curve balls but they push through everything and become a solid team together and with Molly. Be ready for a roller coaster of emotions. Cassia is amazing; you feel every emotion possible in this story. Abandon is a fast read and well worth it. Tristan and Senia have to be one of my new favorite couples!
Cassia Leo nailed it on the head with this line… I think it sums the book up perfectly!
“You can’t let your past define your future. Once you get that figured out, you begin to understand the joy of living in the present. And the present is full of tiny gifts that we can only see when we stop looking behind and ahead of us. Sometimes, these gifts land right at our feet. Sometimes, it’s our feet that carry us toward them, running at full-speed until our hearts nearly give out. Either way, never stop noticing them, and never stop wishing.”
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo grew up in California and has lived in three different countries. She loves to travel and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills. She is the author of the Shattered Hearts series (Relentless, Pieces of You, Bring Me Home) and the Luke and Chase series.
This spin-off is being listed as
Shattered Hearts #3.5. Links are included below in case you’d like to include
them in your post, but it’s not necessary since you don’t need to read the
others to understand this one.
Kindle: http://amzn.to/15T4CLc
iTunes: http://bit.ly/17lo6ZN
Nook: http://bit.ly/YzROSK
Kobo: http://bit.ly/12w6iK2
BOOK TWO:

iTunes: http://bit.ly/17lo6ZN
Nook: http://bit.ly/YzROSK
Kobo: http://bit.ly/12w6iK2
BOOK TWO:

Kindle: http://amzn.to/YY3IN3
iTunes: http://bit.ly/ZPVLID
Nook: http://bit.ly/10665Zd
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1c0Som3
BOOK THREE:

iTunes: http://bit.ly/ZPVLID
Nook: http://bit.ly/10665Zd
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1c0Som3
BOOK THREE:

Kindle: http://amzn.to/1cB2hbj
iTunes: http://bit.ly/bmhitunes
Nook: http://bit.ly/bmhb-n
Kobo: http://bit.ly/bmhkobo
iTunes: http://bit.ly/bmhitunes
Nook: http://bit.ly/bmhb-n
Kobo: http://bit.ly/bmhkobo













No comments:
Post a Comment