Friday, January 10, 2014

Stolen Wishes by Lexi Ryan Review and Giveaway



**Contains sexual content and adult language and situations. Intended for mature readers.**

Cally…
A sexy smile. Intense blue eyes. A goodness that makes him want to save me from these rumors when no one else would care. I didn't ask for a hero. William Bailey was never supposed to be anything more than a wish, a dream, an unrequited crush. Not for a girl like me--a girl whose fractured family has stolen her chance at a decent life.

William…
Since the death of my parents, I've always done what’s expected of me, what's "best" for me. Until Cally. The moment her haunted eyes meet mine, the fractured pieces of my heart feel whole again. I don’t just want to save her. I need her to save me.

Stolen chances. Unbroken wishes. Two lonely souls grasping for hope in the darkness.

**This novella takes place seven years before the events in WISH I MAY and shows William and Cally falling in love for the first time. It can be read before or after WISH I MAY or on its own.**







Travel back to high school and see how it all began for William and Cally in Stolen Wishes, the prequel novella to Lexi Ryan’s Wish I May. I love the New Hope Series and fell in love hard for this couple while reading Wish I May. By the end of the book I was begging to know more about their history, about the events that transpired prior to this book.  To say I was excited to get my hands on this novella is an understatement.

The only way I can describe this novella is pure satisfaction. Every loose end or question about the past that surfaced while reading Wish I May was neatly tied off and resolved in Stolen Wishes. If you haven’t read the series I would recommend reading this in between Unbreak Me and Wish I May. It’s the perfect introduction and transition from William/Maggie to William/Cally.

Despite being brief in length, Stolen Wishes overflows with emotion and content. The story is a combination of hope and heartbreak. The connection between William and Cally is undeniable and the foundation of their relationship is built. William is her mega swoon-worthy knight in shining armor. Both characters offer each other hope to find happiness outside of the confines of their family’s demands and reputation, but their potential is extinguished just as quickly as it ignited.

Stolen Wishes is the perfect addition to William and Cally’s story. It fulfills any lingering questions about their past and builds anticipation for the next installment in Lexi Ryan’s New Hope Series.




“Thank you for tonight,” she says. “Most guys wouldn’t have gone to such lengths because of a stupid rumor.”
“You think I wanted to date you to satisfy the rumor mill?”
She focuses on the pavement in front of us, avoiding my gaze. “Didn’t you?”
“You’re not that naïve, are you?” That gets her to look at me. Her eyes are narrow and frustrated. “Cally, I took you to dinner tonight because I wanted to. I don’t like what they’re saying about you, but my reasons for asking you out were more selfish than they were noble.”
She stops and leans one shoulder against the trunk of a thick maple as she studies me. “How were they selfish?”
“I wanted a chance to have some time alone with a pretty girl.”
She stares at me for two heartbeats. “I really like you, William Bailey.”
I tuck a lock of hair behind her ear then shove my hands in my pockets to keep myself from touching her more. “I like you too, Cally Fisher.”
Her teeth sink down into her bottom lip and her eyes drop to my mouth.
I fist my hands in my pockets and exhale slowly. “I really want to kiss you right now.”
“I really want you to,” she whispers, flicking her eyes to mine.
I take a cautious step forward and press my hands against the tree trunk on either side of her head, then slowly lower my mouth until it’s a breath above hers. “Has anyone ever kissed you before?”
“Yes.”
Jealousy burns in my gut. It’s silly, but it’s there at the thought of another guy touching his lips to hers. “Who?”
“Davey Mills kissed me on the lips behind the school in second grade.” Her eyes flash with mischief and she bites back her smile.
“Lucky Davey,” I grumble.

Excerpts © Lexi Ryan, 2013



A New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author, Lexi Ryan considers herself the luckiest chick she knows. Her books have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. Lexi herself has only been described using two of those adjectives (feel free to guess but she’s not telling). When not writing, she enjoys watching football, perfecting her chocolate martini, and reading her way to the title of Biggest Romance Fangirl Evah. A former college professor, her biggest fears include faculty meetings and large stacks of ungraded freshman composition papers. She now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband and two children and their neurotic dog.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for being a part of my release blitz! <3

    Good luck on the giveaway, everyone!
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete