“If I let go, will you catch me?”
He had wanted her to help him win his ex-girlfriend back. She had wanted to teach him a few lessons on how to treat a woman. Neither one had planned for the unexpected.
I couldn't stand by and watch. It hit too close to home. I had to run fast and far to get away and forget him. He weaseled his way into my life, making me question rules I lived by and turned my orderly life upside down. I'm falling apart and coming undone. I don't do that. I'm Madison Stuart. I live life by my rules. I won't be derailed by a man. I won't...I can't.
She's gone. I'm desperate and going insane. I'll do whatever it takes to find her. I don't know when it happened, but I won't let her go, not like this. What has she done to me? I'm Rick Marin for crying out loud. I don't chase women, but she's not just a woman. She's Maddy--my Maddy--and I need her.
Follow Rick and Madison’s story, The Do Over’s most notorious couple, as they learn that It’s Not Over.
He had wanted her to help him win his ex-girlfriend back. She had wanted to teach him a few lessons on how to treat a woman. Neither one had planned for the unexpected.
I couldn't stand by and watch. It hit too close to home. I had to run fast and far to get away and forget him. He weaseled his way into my life, making me question rules I lived by and turned my orderly life upside down. I'm falling apart and coming undone. I don't do that. I'm Madison Stuart. I live life by my rules. I won't be derailed by a man. I won't...I can't.
She's gone. I'm desperate and going insane. I'll do whatever it takes to find her. I don't know when it happened, but I won't let her go, not like this. What has she done to me? I'm Rick Marin for crying out loud. I don't chase women, but she's not just a woman. She's Maddy--my Maddy--and I need her.
Follow Rick and Madison’s story, The Do Over’s most notorious couple, as they learn that It’s Not Over.
We hit a little
turbulence, and reality set in at thirty thousand feet. I was on an airplane,
holding Madison in my arms, on my way to New York City. I looked around, taking
everything in, and I caught the flight attendant, sitting across from us,
eye-fucking me. She smiled as she lowered her eyes to my dick. I wondered if
she was imagining a threesome. What else could she be thinking, gawking at
me, while I’m holding another woman? Somehow, I knew that my conclusion
would land me in a new category of asshole. Surprisingly though, I wasn’t the
least bit interested in even entertaining the fantasy. I want Madison
exclusively.
My heart pounded faster,
and my mouth went dry. I hadn’t admitted that to myself or any other living
soul. I grabbed the bottled water and drank it in one gulp. I can’t stand
her half the time. She drives me crazy. She infuriates me like no one else.
But I felt something for her that I couldn’t describe. It was more than wanting
to bury my dick in her and fuck her hard…I couldn’t live without her. Fuck,
fuck, fuck.
She shifted against me,
sliding her hand inside my jacket. Reclining my head back against the seat,
thoughts of her flooded my mind. Somehow, along my quest to win Daniela back,
Madison had become my best friend and something more.
Liam Lucas’s words hit me
like a tsunami. Your friend is more than a friend. You don’t go up against
your brother over a chick unless she’s under your skin, and if you aren’t
sleeping with her, then you’ve got it bad.
“If I let go, will you catch me?”--Madison Stuart
“Every single fucking time, Maddy. Every time.” --Rick Marin
I love Rick Marin and Madison Stuart. I loved them in The Do Over, and I
fell in love with them even more in It’s Not Over. They are exactly who I thought they
were. I loved that I was not at all
surprised by who they were when reading their story. It’s Not Over is Rick and Madison’s
story, and it’s very different from Daniela and Liam’s story.
Rick Marin is the asshole extraordinaire. He is possessive. He is selfish. He is arrogant. He is over protective. He is complicated and high maintenance. And Maddy, along with the rest of us, secretly
love all these ridiculous things about him.
I love that he makes me smile. I
love that he acts before he thinks when it comes to Maddy. His smartass comments and dickhead remarks
are some of my favorite parts of the book, but really it’s when he is
uncharacteristically sweet that Rick Marin is amazing. He is Rick Marin sweet, so it’s not so sugary
that it makes your teeth hurt, but he is the jerk with his sweet moments. And to me that is the best kind.
Madison Stuart is a bad-ass chick. She is cold-hearted and independent. She is a strong woman who does not take shit
from anyone. But underneath all that
armored exterior she is a woman like the rest of us. She is soft.
She needs to be taken care of, and she never wants to get hurt. Madison Stuart has a past that we learn about
in this book. We knew about her already
from The Do Over, but we learn so much more. She has walls of steel built around her
heart, but some how Rick Marin, asshole that he is, manages to breech her
walls. I loved Maddy as well. I love how tough and independent she is. I love that she fights Rick’s dominance every
step of the way. I love that she has a
history that we know nothing about and get to meet her and her family in this
story. She was scared to death to take
that step into the unknown with Rick, and there are times I wanted to shake her
and tell her to get over her insecurities and let go, but at the same time I
understand the way she felt.
In case you could not tell I loved this book!! I could not put it down once I started. I want more Rick and Maddy and am stuck with
a book hangover!! Luckily, A.L. Zaun is
giving us more of them, but I want it now! (Yes. I am impatient.) This book is hot. This book is funny. This book is sweet. It has amazing banter between Rick and
Maddy. It has amazing sex between Rick
and Maddy. The connection between these
two is so intense. They do not have the
story book love, but the kind of love that gets under your skin and just drives
you crazy, but at the same time it’s the kind of crazy that once you have it,
you wonder how you ever lived a life before the crazy came to town.
I think everyone should give this book a try, especially if
you love a good jerk and the bitch that he loves. These two characters are both tough as nails
and have strong personalities, but together they just make sense. I loved this book and cannot wait to get the
next book in this series. While Zaun did
not leave us with a cliff, she definitely left me wanting more!!
Ah Rick and Madison. These two were the villains you loved
to hate it The Do Over. Madison was a bitch and Rick was the asshole. I hated
Rick in book one for Daniela but loved him for Madison so when I heard they
were getting their own book I was all over it.
Good news is Madison is still a bitch and Rick is still “Asshole
Extraordinaire” but better. These two are a favorite couple of mine. Their
banter and fighting in the first half of the book was great foreplay. I could
feel the sexual air floating around them as they fought. They love to push each
other buttons.
Madison is badass but we get to see her broken past in this
book. She has definitely had a rough go with her family and past men in her
life that left her not believing in love. And Rick showed us a completely
different side to him. He was still selfish at times but Maddy was his and he
was going to protect her and love her the best he could. He really won me over. He got me every time
with this line.
“Let go Madison’, he
prodded, his voice gentle and very unlike Rick. ‘I’ll catch you’”.
This was a great book to get lost in. Madison and Rick
chemistry was spot on, they had hot sex and I loved them together. This book
ended in a bit of a cliffhanger which I was not expecting. I will be tuning in
for book 3 and more of Madison and Rick.
Life doesn’t look like it’s supposed to for
Dani Ruiz, a hopeless romantic. After a painful and sudden break-up with Rick
Marin, Dani hides away from reality, retreating to a world of fiction where she
prefers book boyfriends over the hassles of a relationship.
Almost two years later, Dani’s friends are tired of watching her in a holding pattern, so they stage an intervention, forcing her back into the real world of dating.
Unexpectedly, Dani meets Liam Lucas, a down-to-earth firefighter. He might be the person to show her she’s still worth something. Dani’s hesitant to trust her heart with another man, but their instant and electric chemistry is something she can’t deny.
As Dani starts to believe that she’s found her real-life book boyfriend, Rick decides that he’ll go to any lengths to get her back. Seeing Rick as a changed man makes Dani question everything.
Can Dani trust her patched-up heart with Liam?
Or has Rick transformed into the man she’s always wanted?
Written from various points of views, The Do Over is a story of second chances and new beginnings.
Almost two years later, Dani’s friends are tired of watching her in a holding pattern, so they stage an intervention, forcing her back into the real world of dating.
Unexpectedly, Dani meets Liam Lucas, a down-to-earth firefighter. He might be the person to show her she’s still worth something. Dani’s hesitant to trust her heart with another man, but their instant and electric chemistry is something she can’t deny.
As Dani starts to believe that she’s found her real-life book boyfriend, Rick decides that he’ll go to any lengths to get her back. Seeing Rick as a changed man makes Dani question everything.
Can Dani trust her patched-up heart with Liam?
Or has Rick transformed into the man she’s always wanted?
Written from various points of views, The Do Over is a story of second chances and new beginnings.
A.L. Zaun graduated from Florida International
University with a degree
in English Literature when the dinosaurs roamed the earth and cellphones were
the size of a brick. Her impressive degree did absolutely nothing for her
professional endeavors in health care management but did stir her imagination
and opened up the world of books in a new way.
Armed with a large bottle of Diet Pepsi and a multi-pack of Extra Sugar-Free gum, A.L. Zaun spends her evenings bringing to life the characters that dominate her thoughts and interrupt her sleep.
Armed with a large bottle of Diet Pepsi and a multi-pack of Extra Sugar-Free gum, A.L. Zaun spends her evenings bringing to life the characters that dominate her thoughts and interrupt her sleep.














No comments:
Post a Comment