Friday, January 10, 2014

The Destiny of Luke and Violet Book Tour


17152025


Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. For Luke, meaningless relationships are a distraction-a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He desperately wishes he could forget his past, but it haunts him no matter what he does.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life. When she was young, she was left with no family and the memory of her parents' unsolved murders. She grew up in foster homes, living with irresponsible parents, drugs, and neglect, and trying to fight the painful memories of the night her parents were taken from her. But it's hard to forget when she never got closure-and she can't stop dreaming about what happened that tragic night. To make it through life, she keeps her distance from everyone and never allows herself to feel anything.

Then Violet meets Luke. The two clash instantly, yet they can't seem to stay away from each other. Although they fight it, they both start to open up and feel things they've never felt before. They discover just how similar they are. But they also discover something else: The past always catches up with you


Jessica Sorensen delivers another gripping installment in The Coincidence Series with The Destiny of Violet and Luke. This story follows the dark and damaged past and present of Violet Hayes (Callie’s roommate) and Luke Price (Kayden’s best friend).

Violet tragically lost her parents at a young age and has grown up in and out of foster homes, which have instilled the need for emotional walls and self-preservation. She’s an edgy, apathetic female lead who takes whatever means necessary to keep her stoic façade in place and survive. Luke, as shown in the earlier Coincidence Series books (The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden and The Redemption of Callie and Kayden), has a twisted mother and deceased sister that both contributed to his broken childhood. This male lead is reckless, an outright alcoholic, and complete womanizer. He tears through women like a hurricane on the coast in order to feel control in his disastrous life. Despite their attitudes and behaviors, I couldn’t help but love both characters and hope for their HEA.

This novel is the perfect package for any reader looking for angst, unexpected plot twists, and cliffhangers that feel like a swift kick to the chest. In other words, I loved every bit ofThe Destiny of Violet and Luke. I was quickly sucked in by the prologue and devoured this novel in a matter of hours. Like the other books in the series, this one ends in a cliffhanger, but I thoroughly enjoyed every page of soul shattering prose. Sometimes you need a book that leaves your mouth on the floor and your heart aching. I am excited for their story to continue and can’t wait to see what kind of roller coaster Jessica Sorensen takes us on next!




I get distracted, though, as she lets her head fall to the side and her arms come up and wind around the back of my neck, her movements owning me. I get a glimpse of the back of her neck and the dragon and two stars tattooed on her skin. I haven’t fucked very many girls with tattoos but good God I need to start because it’s mind-blowingly sexy. I slide my palms around to the front of her stomach and I crush our bodies together. Heat blares through me as the smell of her blends with the alcohol in my system and it makes the hunger and overpowering need inside me feel like it belongs there.
Her hair is swept over her shoulder and her neck is just inches away from my lips. The desire to suck and bite at her skin is intoxicating and without contemplation over what I’m doing or what it’ll mean, my lips part and my tongue slides out along her skin. It’s not like I’ve never licked a girl’s neck before. I have many times, just like I’ve kissed and fucked many times. Usually it drowns out any noise inside my head, but right now I can still hear all of it, if not more. It’s louder. Sharper. More potent and I’m afraid I’m going to lose myself, lose control. But it’s almost like my mouth is being magnetized to her skin and I start sucking on her neck, nipping and grazing my teeth gently along it. With the way her muscles tense, I half expect her to turn around and punch me in the jaw. I sort of wish she would so I’d walk away…at least I think I would…I might actually want to stay more. But instead her head falls to the side, giving me access to devour the taste of her.
My hand wanders up her ribs, across her breast, her nipple hardening underneath the thin fabric. I graze my thumb across it and then move my hand all the way up to the hollow of her neck. She groans as I press my fingers gently into her collarbone and leans back against my chest, putting her weight against me. Reality starts to blur away as I move my hand down her body to her leg and start pulling the fabric of her dress up, desperate to slip my fingers inside her and make her groan louder.
“God, you’re so beautiful…” I breathe against her neck as my hand reaches her upper thigh.

Play List
World Heaves by Mount Eerie
Come As You Are by Nirvana
Millstone by Brand New
It’s Time by Imagine Dragons
All My Life by Foo Fighters
Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger
Basket Case by Green Day
Dreams by The Cranberries
Stay by Shaun Reynolds feat. Laura Pringle
Low by Cracker
Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down
She Hates Me Puddle of Mud
All the Same by Sick Puppies

Jessica SorensenABOUT THE AUTHOR
The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Jessica Sorensen, lives in the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she’s not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment