PRICE
OF A KISS Tour Information
Title: Price
of a Kiss
Author: Linda
Kage
Release date: September 4, 2013
Age Group: Mature New Adult
Genre: Contemporary
Romance
Add to I don’t care what my cousin says; I am
not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last
boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me
to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to
escape him, does not mean—
Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in
college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.
It’s no wonder love is the last thing
on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like
bam! Our connection defies logic. And he’s just so freaking hot. Being
around him makes me feel more alive than I’ve ever felt before. I even like
bickering with him. He could be my soul mate…except for one glitch.
He's a gigolo.
“You’re quirky…and yet conventional. Innocent but worldly.
Reserved yet outgoing. Candid yet guarded. Trendy but also practical. And
childlike while still managing to be mature. It’s like…you’re the perfect contradiction.”
I really enjoyed Price of a Kiss. It wasn’t your average run
of the mill NA book. The story line was different
from anything I’ve read before. This is the story of Reese Randall and Mason
Lowe. It’s full of push and pulls, lots
of angst, and will they or won’t they. Despite what you may think after reading the
blurb, it is a very sweet love story, even with the hero being a gigolo.
We meet Mason in the prologue as an 18 year old virgin. He
lives with his mom and his sister who has cerebral palsy. They are behind on rent and when Mason is propositioned,
basically forced, by his much older landlady to sleep away the debt, he doesn’t
really have a choice. It’s sleep with her or be on the streets. After that things got out of hand and he
becomes the much wanted gigolo of the rich older woman in town.
Reese is running from her past. Running from the stalker ex-boyfriend
who tried to kill her. She moves across the country to her live at her Aunt and
Uncles house, changes her name, and starts attending the local college. She is
trying to move on with her life, even if she had to change everything because
of her ex.
The first time they see each other on campus there are sparks, then he speaks
and there are fireworks. They are drawn towards each other. Reese ends up
accepting a babysitting job who turns out to be Mason’s little sister Sarah. Mason tries to stay away but can’t. The pull
to Reese is to strong. Reese knows she
shouldn’t like Mason, she tries to keep him only as a friend but can’t.
I love the interactions between most of the characters. Reese is funny
but strong. I admire who she is after what she has been through. I respect
Mason for what he has given up for his family. He only does what he does for
them. Reese and Sarah are very sweet together, I love seeing their relationship
bloom. When Reese’s ex does finally
enter the picture it was very predictable, for the most part, but it didn’t
take away from the general story. You
will get your HEA with these 2 and love the ending. Overall Price of a Kiss was
a good sweet story.
The youngest of eight children, Linda Kage
grew up on a dairy farm in the Midwest. She now lives in Kansas with her
husband, daughter, and nine cuckoo clocks. Linda is a member of Romance Writers
of America and its local chapter, Midwest Romance Writers.
.jpg)







Thanks for the nice review!! Appreciate it! And thanks for helping host it's tour!
ReplyDeleteThank you for participating in the tour!
ReplyDelete