Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chasing Dreams by Nicole Edwards


Title: Chasing Dreams (Devil's Bend 1)
Author: Nicole Edwards
Release date: October 6, 2013
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Goodreads



Cooper Krenshaw knows what it’s like to feel the bright lights upon him, the sound of the crowd roaring when he walks on stage; after all, he happens to be one of the biggest names in country music at the moment. And he has knowingly just dropped off the grid. The first decision he has made on his own in quite some time. Cooper only thought he was looking for a challenge when he walked off of that concert stage in Chicago. After finding himself in Devil’s Bend, Texas, he soon realizes that the dream he’s been chasing might not be the one he was after all along. 

Now he’s found himself not only starting over in a new town, but he’s pretty sure he’s met the toughest challenge of his life... she just happens to be an angel in blue jeans. 


Tessa Donovan hasn’t been the best of friends with Fate for quite some time now. Owning and operating The Rusty Nail, a small bar in her hometown of Devil’s Bend, has been enough to keep her going through the motions of her life. But it’s the only thing she’s got. After losing her husband fifteen short months after they were married, Tessa has spent the last four years chasing dreams in order to maintain her sanity. Only those dreams are soon ripped right out of her grasp by a sexy country music star who claims he descended on her small town by accident. 


Coincidence? Or has Fate stepped in once again? Whatever the case, Tessa knows the handsome cowboy might get to overtake her dreams, but she’s bound and determined that he won’t take her heart.









***5 sexily sweet stars***

Sometimes the bright lights and fame that you've dreamed of can feel hollow. Once you've achieved the dreams that you've been chasing you realize that they aren't your dreams anymore. Sometimes new dreams come around and you have to chase those instead.

Famous country singer, Cooper Krenshaw, has been feeling disconnected. He loves his career but when the bright lights are shining down on him and the fans are screaming his name he feels alone. Like something is missing.

Cooper decides to leave...just hitting the road. Once he realizes he is headed towards Texas, he calls his old college friend, Adam, and finds out that he is looking for some local talent to sing in a bar in Adam's hometown. So with a destination in mind, Cooper travels to Devil's Bend, Texas to get back to his roots and to see if he can find himself.

Rusty Nail bar owner, Tessa Donovan, has had many losses in her life. Her high school sweetheart and husband of only 15 months, Richie, was killed on his job as a police officer and she has been feeling his loss for many years. She's tried dating once since he passed away, but that was an epic failure.
Been there, done that...she's over it.
But what she didn't count on was country star, Cooper Krenshaw.

When the "angel in blue jeans" literally falls into the sexy country star's arms the night they meet, their chemistry is instantly off the charts HOT!!!

You know the drill-
She wants him but doesn't want to want him.
He wants her and WILL have her.
Sparks fly when you have a stubborn female that won't give in and a sexy alpha male cowboy who won't be taking no for an answer.

To further add to the intensity that the duo have, Cooper has came to town and unknowingly put in an offer on the farm that Tessa has been working on purchasing for years.
His plans? To build an equestrian center for disabled children and adults.
Her plans? Basically the same but to help out troubled youths as well.
They are both shocked to discover each others plans and realize that they are a lot more alike...that is of course after all the land issues are dealt with.

Tessa assumes that Cooper is a "love 'em and leave 'em" type of guy that goes from town to town breaking hearts. She doesn't plan to have hers to be one of them. BUT you know that the saying about people who assume right?
Yeah...Cooper isn't one of those guys.


"Trust me, darlin'. I want you more than you'll ever know, but I'm not looking for a one night. If I was, I'd have buried my cock in your pussy right there against the wall in your bar."


Cooper convinces Tessa to go out on a date with him. Ok, ok...maybe he doesn't 'convince her' he was right and she was wrong so she had to pay up...BAM...date time!

Sweet first date? Check

Hot first date? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!!



After a insanely hot night (and morning) together what does Tessa do?
In true stubborn woman fashion, she closes herself off to Cooper. I mean...he got what he wanted right? That's the way ALL men think...that's ALL they want...right?
NOT.COOPER.KRENSHAW
HE.WANTS.MORE...and in true alpha male fashion...HE.GETS.MORE.


"Would that bother you? Me hanging around your bar indefinitely?"
"I kinda like you hanging around."
"Well, that's good because if I have anything to say about it, I'll be hanging around for a long time."



With a manager hell bent on having Cooper back in Nashville making music and making him money and rumors that Tessa hopes that Cooper never hears about her flying around town, will the couple be able to make things work or will the bright lights of fame and small town gossip rip the two lovers apart for good?


"This is where you're supposed to be...here. Right Here. With me."




**********************
I'm a HUGE Nicole Edwards fan. Like hardcore, Luke McCoy obsessed, fan. In my opinion she's the queen of menage. She's fantastic in her writing in the erotica genre so I was a little surprised that she was releasing a contemporary romance series. I was excited and expect something really good BUT I expected a maybe 4 star rating out of her first try at it. I was pleasantly surprised that her signature hot, sexy sex scenes were still in tact and that we still had our characters that we root for and their friends and family we want to hear more from.
I NEED stories from Tessa's brothers, Adam and Jack, and Cooper's friend, Dalton...I also would love more of Tessa's friends Eric and Izzy.
A fantastic start to what I'm sure will be another amazing series from Mrs. Edwards.


***I was given an ARC copy for an honest review.***




Nicole lives in Texas with her husband, Colt, three kids and four dogs. It's quite the household and most of the time you'll find her locked away in her office... writing. When she's not, you'll likely find her reading, swimming, or hanging out in the yard with the dogs, doing her best to keep them in line. (And no, it doesn't usually work)
Ever want to let that other part of you loose? The part that has secret desires and taboo fantasies? Well, that's what brought about Nicole Edwards. She's an alter ego. In truth, she's a full-fledged part of me. The secret part made up of sinfully hot desires and erotic thoughts. Get to know how Nicole's naughty mind works by checking out her books!
About me... hmmm...
Ok, I've been asked to provide a little bit of "real" information about myself. That's harder to do than you think it is, especially for someone who has difficulty talking about themselves. ;) But, here goes...

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a kid, I loved creative writing and as I got older, I got acquainted with those voices in my head and that led to putting my stories on paper. And now, here I am all these years later, spending my days doing what I love most. I decided to give myself over to writing full time in 2012 and I haven't looked back. I spent nearly 13 years in the corporate world and I have to say, this is a bit of a change (just a little) and I am loving every second of it.


I live in Texas with my husband and three amazing kids and our four beloved dogs. If I'm not writing, I'm usually reading. I devour everything I can get my hands on. I love romance of any type and being an Indie author myself, I'm always looking for new Indies to support. I haven't always been into reading, but about eleven years ago, I picked up a book - I'm pretty sure it was by Nora Roberts - and from there, I haven't stopped. Before I began writing full time, and my characters started taking up so much of my time, I was reading about 200 books a year. That has dwindled somewhat, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read. 


An interesting fact... I don't watch television - aside from the occasional news anyway. I will go see a movie or two rarely, but for the most part, I get all of my entertainment from a book. Some of my favorite authors include J.R. Ward, Suzanne Brockmann, Lora Leigh, Jane Rylon, Lori Foster, and Jaci Burton just to name a few.



1 comment:

  1. Great review, Danielle! Love your picture quotes! I love this book!!

    ReplyDelete