Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wild Child by M. Leighton, Dirty Double Review



Jenna Theopolis has always known what she wanted. Getting out of her small hometown of Greenfield was number one on her list of priorities. Until she met Rusty Catron.
Rusty’s fun-loving personality was the perfect match for Jenna’s inner wild child. But what started off as a summer fling quickly turns into something more. At least it does for Jenna.

Rusty has lived with the ghost of his father’s abandonment since he was a child, but now he’s beginning to feel the crippling effects of his scars. He wants to trust in Jenna, but deep down he doesn’t believe someone so wild and free can ever be tamed.

But tragedy strikes, pushing Jenna out of Greenfield and leaving Rusty with a choice to make—face his inner demons or lose the love of his life. Forever


 
 
 

Rusty and Jenna got their own story!
Rusty and Jenna got their own story!
Rusty and Jenna got their own story!
WOOHOO!!! YEEHAW!!!
***Happy dancing all around***

First things first- I LOVE Michelle Leighton!
Her Bad Boys series is one of my favorites- Cash & Nash? YUMMY!
My fellow Mean Girl and friend, Lyndsie, not only recommended The Wild Ones to me, but she also gifted it to me as well. I mean she LOVES Trick hard so I HAD to meet him. BEST.IDEA.EVER!
I even made a shelf in his honor on here- Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy- Giddy Up baby!

In The Wild Ones (book 1) we met Rusty and Jenna, Trick and Cami's best friends, who of course got all hot and heavy with each other. Is there anything better than your best friend hooking up with your significant other's bestie? Nope. It's awesome.

We needed their story, whether is was a full length novel OR novella, I didn't care we just NEEDED something for them and oh we GOT IT!


When Wild Child starts off we have the gang preparing for Trick and Cami's wedding, there are NO words for how happy this made me- NONE. Not only are they doing the planning and the parties BUT Cami has the bright idea that by Trick and her remaining celibate for the week before the wedding that it will make the wedding night even better BUT she also drags poor Jenna and Rusty into this bright idea of hers.

"You cock-blocking gutter snipe!”
“Cock-blocking gutter snipe?” she laughs.
I giggle. “I don’t know where in blue blazes that came from. See what a lack of sex does to me?”
All the fun around the celibacy had me 'LOL'ing and it made me wonder who was actually going to cave first- Rusty and Jenna or Trick and Cami.
There were some pretty hot moments of non-sex...just sayin'.

Jenna has just returned back to town from finishing up college. She wants to make plans for the future but doesn't really know where she stands with Rusty.

"I think he sees us as…temporary... He thinks I’m some sort of wild child that will never settle down.”
“You are a wild child, Jenna. But that’s not a bad thing. It’s who you are. It’s what makes us all love you so much.”
“But that doesn’t mean that I’m gonna bail on someone I love.”
“No, it doesn’t. And I’m sure Rusty knows that. Deep down.”
Here's the thing we can SEE and we can FEEL how much Rusty cares about Jenna- for me as a reader it was obvious however Rusty and his mother we abandoned by his father when he was younger so he feels that Jenna will do the same and he doesn't want to be left with his heart broken and world in pieces.

You can love somebody and still end up leaving them. Some people are just made that way—to always want greener pastures. I’ve seen it before. And I’m not getting attached to a person like that again.
Rusty and Jenna have undeniable chemistry.
In the bedroom and out of the bedroom.
Hell- they have EXPLOSIVE chemistry on a mechanical bull.
Yep. You read that right- MECHANICAL BULL.

“I knew you’d be dripping. Watching me watch you. Wishing you were riding my cock up here on this bull. Fantasizing about coming for me. In front of all those people. I know you’d like that, wouldn’t you?”


OH.MY.GOD!!!
YES.PLEASE.AND.THANK.YOU!!!
I totally dig a dirty talking cowboy!

Trick and Cami's wedding was beautiful.
Sometimes when we get a book about other characters the people that we loved so much in another book aren't around much and I'm so grateful that this wasn't the case here. I wanted to see this wedding and I'm so glad that we did.


After the wedding, Rusty takes off and soon finds himself at crossroads with how to handle his relationship with Jenna due to some unforeseen circumstances . He knows that she will stay with him but for how long and at what cost? Rusty does the one thing that he knows he can control right then in that moment- he breaks her before she can break him.

“You’re not the kind to settle, Jenna. That’s all I’m saying. You’re the kind who has big plans for a better life. And that doesn’t include this town or the people in it. We both knew that. And it was fun while it lasted. No reason to drag it out.”


Jenna tries to focus on her future instead of the pain that Rusty has caused her but when Jenna's world is destroyed in a split second and Rusty reaches out to her will she be able to move past the heartbreak and pain that Rusty has put her through or will she live up to being the Wild Child that Rusty knows she is and run far from her fears and the promise of forever?



 
Wild Child, Wild Child! I’ve been waiting forever for Rusty & Jenna!! You need to read The Wild Ones first before you start this. You need to get the background on these two and you need to meet MY Trick. Yes, I said MY Trick!

Wild Child picks up after Jenna finishes college and heads back for Trick and Cami’s wedding. Cami has the brilliant idea to withhold sex from Trick until their wedding night and gets Jenna to join her with holding out on Rusty. To me this is hilarious! They all try their hardest to tempt each other to cave. Jenna and Rusty do a pretty good job until one thing happens…. A mechanical bull. I really don’t know how I am going to look at one now and not think of this book!


As the story moves on you can see how much Rusty & Jenna love each other but they just can’t seem to tell each other how they feel. Both have been hurt in the past by different things. If these two just sat down and talked it out everything would have been just fine. But of course they didn’t… add in a little bit of hurt feelings and heartbreak… now we have a disaster. Oh how I couldn’t stop reading! It killed me but I loved every minute of it!

In this story we get a lot more of MY Trick! Oh happy freaking dance! It just reminded me of why he is my Cowboy. His vows at the wedding made my eyes get watery. I want lots and lots of Trick and Cami babies and I want them now Michelle! I do really hope at the end of this series we get one final Trick and Cami story. That would be AMAZING!

This is a great series! Pick up your copies today, you will not be disappointed!


 



New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, M. Leighton, is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels, these days Michelle enjoys letting her mind wander to more romantic settings with sexy Southern guys, much like the one she married and the ones you'll find in her latest books. When her thoughts aren't roaming in that direction, she'll be riding horses, swimming in ponds and experiencing life on a ranch, all without leaving the cozy comfort of her office.
 
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment