Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wish I May by Lexi Ryan Review









I grew up wishing on stars.

My father taught me to believe…in destiny, in magic, in happily ever after. Dreams were my scripture and the starry night sky was my temple. Then Mom stopped believing, left him, and took us with her. At the age of sixteen, I cashed in my dreams to pay the rent, pawned my destiny to keep my sisters together.

Now, seven years later, I’m returning home, grieving the death of my mother, and settling my sisters back into the life Mom threw away. I never intended to stay. I don’t want to deal with my father, who is so invested in the spiritual world he forgets the physical. I don’t want to face William Bailey, whose eyes remind me of the girl I was, the things I’ve done, and the future I lost.
This would all be easier if Will hated me. As it is, I have to hold my secrets close so they won’t hurt him more than they’ve already hurt me. But he wants to be in my life. He wants what I can’t bring myself to confess I sold. He wants me.

I find myself looking to my stars again...wondering if I dare one more wish.




Amazon US:  http://amzn.to/GH4IO1
Barnes and Noble:  http://bit.ly/1bQRAAl



4 stars

Lexi Ryan returns to New Hope and delivers another stellar read with Wish I May! This novel is the second installment in the New Hope Series and the follow up to Unbreak Me.

I love Unbreak Me and have been absolutely giddy waiting for Wish I May to release. Wish I May is William Bailey’s story, the ex-boyfriend from book one. I can’t lie; I had some seriously sour feelings toward Will in the first story. There were moments in Unbreak Me where I wanted nothing more than for William to have a snuggle sesh with a rabid pack of wolves. Needless to say, I needed some convincing before William Bailey would grace my never-ending list of swoon-worthy book boyfriends.

Now that I’ve read Wish I May, let me take this moment to eat my words. William Bailey is absolutely delectable. He’s equal parts sexy and devoted. The obstacles he faces in his relationship with Cally would send most men running, but Will does everything possible to help out the girl of his dreams. He’s genuine and it’s downright mouth watering. Oh, did I mention his bedroom skills? Yea, he’s got those, too! Ample dirty talk. Sexual tension so thick – I was drooling. William Bailey is smoking hot.

Like Will, Cally sacrifices everything imaginable for the people she loves. Without Cally, her family would have nothing. If I learned anything from Unbreak Me, it’s that the people of New Hope have an abundance of secrets. The past that haunts Cally is beyond heartbreaking. Maggie’s story ripped my heart to pieces in Unbreak Me, but Cally’s story absolutely annihilated me.

Lexi Ryan doesn’t disappoint with the second book in the New Hope Series.
Wish I May is a roller coaster, and I truly loved every torturous second of it. Prepare yourself. You will be emotionally demolished and have one hell of a book hangover. I loved this book!






Lexi RyanNew York Times and USA Today bestselling author, writes romances with humor, heat, and heart. A former college English professor, Lexi now writes full time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband and two children. Please visit www.lexiryan.com 







1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad William won you over! <3 <3 Thank you for being part of my tour and for taking the time to write such a nice review!

    ReplyDelete