Colin and Addison are on their way home when they are caught in a vicious car accident. While Colin walks away with minimal injuries, Addison suffers from a traumatic brain injury causing her to lose her short-term memory. She can’t remember the night of the accident. She doesn’t remember being engaged. She doesn’t remember Colin at all.
While Addison rebuilds her life, Colin struggles with the fact that the love of his life doesn’t remember him.
When Addison meets Pierce, the one person who doesn’t have an ulterior motive, the one person she can talk to openly, Colin thinks his life may be over.
Will Addison’s memory return in time for her to save her relationship with Colin? Or is it gone forever, leaving her free to love Pierce?
The One Left Behind is Lena Nicole’s debut book. It is a
story about Addison and Colin who are engaged until a drunk driver collides
with them and Addison suffers from a brain injury causing her to lose part of her memory. She remembers everything except...Colin.
I really felt for Colin here. I could not even imagine the
heartache he felt. If one day I was living on top of the world and then the
next the love of my life doesn't even know me, I would be have hid under the covers
forever.
As for Addison, poor girl can’t remember this man who
everyone tells her she was in love with. She is so confused and the pressure
from friends and family was intense. She did what any girl would do and she had
to escape it all. She went down the beach she loved.
In walks hot as hell Pierce. Even his name is hot. Addison
and Pierce strike up a friendship that is so refreshing to Addison since he
doesn’t know her before the accident. He doesn’t have any expectations. So
Addison carries on a friendship with him and Colin thinking her memories should
come back any day. But they don’t.
Colin falls off the wagon and Addison and Pierce fall in
love. Pierce is the type of book boyfriend who doesn’t just have a few swoon
worthy lines that make us fall in love with him. He is the total package. He
was more about action and I can totally see why Addison fell for him. He was perfect.
The entire book I held my breathe waiting for the perfect
moment for Addison’s memory to come back. When I say perfect I mean the worst
possible time ever that creates great book drama. And Lena Nicole delivered.
This book has a cliffhanger and I want more.
I gave this book 3 deviled hearts because the beginning was hard to push
through. The writing was not nearly as good as the rest of the book. Once these
authors found their voice, it really took off. I am so glad that I kept reading because I
really did love Addison, Colin and Pierce and their friends. I hope that after
Book 2 comes out some of their friends get books because they were great
supporting characters with I am sure great stories to tell.
Rachael Lena Duncan is
an Army wife to her amazing husband, Steven, and mother to their beautiful
daughter, Natalie, with one on the way. She
grew up in Nashville, Tennessee and went off to graduate from the University of
Tennessee with a bachelor’s degree in political science. She once had dreams of being in politics and
working behind the scenes as a political advisor. After working on Capitol Hill for a short
time, she realized that wasn’t for her.
She always enjoyed writing and wanted to find a way to use that while
moving from state to state with her husband’s career. Fortunately, she met Nicole and was able to
embark on this amazing journey with her.
Jaime Nicole Whitley is
an Army wife and stay at home mom to her wonderful son Aiden who has a passion
for music, reading, NASCAR and football season. She grew up in New Jersey and
lived in Las Vegas for a couple years working as a medical assistant before
meeting her husband. While following his career, she ended up in North
Carolina. Jaime has one rambunctious
son, another on the way, as well as furbaby who is a mixed lab. When she met Lena, she was so excited to
share the same passion for books with her and jumped at the chance to work with
her to write her own novel.







No comments:
Post a Comment