Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Riptides by Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt



Enzo Rodriguez doesn't take much seriously--unless it involves waves, boards, or good beer. 

When too-hot-to-handle Jessica Mills strolls into his life, Enzo is willing to forego all of those things for every second he can spend with her.

But Jessica has a huge secret--and when it’s revealed, it not only crushes Enzo, but has the last person he wants to ask a favor of--his brother-in-law Adam--bailing him out of jail.

Enzo is convinced that the only way to mend his bruised ego and heart, is to pack his bags and leave the turbulent waters of Silver Strand...for good




Let me first off say that I LOVE Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt. I have read the others in the Length’s series and have adored each and every of them.

This novella takes place during the wedding preparations for Cohen and Maren whom we met in Depths (book #2). Enzo Rodriguez, Cohen’s brother is our hero in this story. He is just down right lovable and adorable, a hot surfer and totally swoon worthy. He has dated a lot of women including strippers but never someone like Jessica Millis.

“Not only did she have three times the IQ of anyone else in the room, she was cool and collected”.

 Jessica was an awesome character. She owned a cake shop and seemed to have life all together. But deep down she was hiding a secret. One she desperately tried to tell Enzo but he wouldn’t hear of it until it was thrown in his face and his heart was on the line.

Enzo is such a great guy. I love his personality, his family is awesome and he fell hard for Jessica. I prefer male points of view so this story  was great for me. I loved being inside his head.

“I realized just how much I’d underestimated kissing before. Because holy fucking kissing. It was her mouth pressing, her tongue demanding, her body pressed close to mine in a way that made me want to pull tighter, hold on longer.“

SWOON!

Or this one:

“I like to think I know how to read you. Know how to turn you on. I get you, Jess. And you get me. I’ve never had that connection before, and I don’t give a shit if it makes me sound like a sap to admit it. I’m admitting it, and I’m holding on.”

We were able to experience Cohen and Maren’s gorgeous wedding and our other favorite Length’s series couples still in love with each other. But Enzo and Jessica’s love did fare as well as the rest of the clan.

Riptide’s sets us up for more Enzo in Almost Lover, the first book in the Length’s spin-off series.  

I can’t wait for more Enzo and more Rodriguez family fun.

4.5 stars 


Steph Campbell grew up in Southern California, but now calls the Northeast home. She has one husband, four children and a serious nail polish obsession. She's repped by Kevan Lyon at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.

Steph's works include Delicate, Grounding Quinn and Beautiful Things Never Last; My Heart for Yours and My Fate for Yours (with Jolene Perry); A Toast to the Good Times (with Liz Reinhardt) and the bestselling new adult LENGTHS series with Liz Reinhardt: Lengths, Depths, Limits and coming soon: Ties & Riptides.




Liz Reinhardt was born and raised in the idyllic beauty of northwest NJ. A move to the subtropics of coastal Georgia with her daughter and husband left her with a newly realized taste for the beach and a bloated sunscreen budget. Right alongside these new loves is her old, steadfast affection and longing for bagels and the fast-talking foul mouths of her youth.

She loves Raisinettes, even if they aren't really candy, the Oxford comma, movies that are hilarious or feature zombies, any and all books, but especially romance (the smarter and hotter, the better), the sound of her daughter's incessantly wise and entertaining chatter, and watching her husband work on cars in the driveway.

She is the author of the Brenna Blixen series (Double Clutch, Junk Miles, Slow Twitch), the Youngblood series (Fall Guy, Perfectly Unmatched), and co-writes with the awesome Steph Campbell in the Lengths series (Lengths, Depths, Limits, Ties, Riptides).





No comments:

Post a Comment