A man from her past has always been in love with Alexis. He’s never met anyone that measures up to her. Garrett is a musician, who never really imagined he’d have the fame and fortune that he's found. But, even with that, what he's always wanted is out of reach... or is it?
When Garrett and Alexis meet up by chance a relationship begins. Neither expected what happens. She can’t be sure she’s ready for the complications a relationship brings. He will have to work overtime to win her heart without any assurances it will be successful.
Alexis is learning about life without Jed, and is feeling more secure with parenting on her own. Garrett appreciates his fans and is enjoying his life on the road but misses having a private life. The lives they have built separately leave little room for a budding relationship, but their hearts won’t take that into consideration.
Will the cards they’ve been dealt get in the way of a love that is meant to be? Is love enough to overcome loss and heartbreak? Can they accept all that the other is, without feeling like they are living in the shadow of their former lives?
There is a fine line between what I would give a 5 star review and those that might get a 4.5 or 4.75. First the story has to be one that when I am finished, I want more of the story. Second, I need to be able to relate to the characters and feel the emotions that they are feeling. I need to actually CARE about what is going on in their lives. Last, it has to be a book that I CAN'T PUT DOWN! I can promise you that this is a story that will have your emotions all over the place and you will love every moment of it.
Garrett and Alexis were great friends in college. They would sit in the quad and play music and unknown to each other were falling in love with each other. Garrett took off for Nashville to follow his dream to become the next big country music star. He never looks back and loses touch with Alexis along the way.
Alexis married Jed and has a baby girl. One night, she gets the call that any spouse who has their partner away on business dreads to get. We are sorry, but your husband has died. When he died, Alexis died a little bit inside also and holding everything together for her baby girl.
Jump ahead 18 months and Alexis's friends are tired of Lexi not getting on with her life. They know that she is ready, just she don't see it in herself. While at a bar on her little getaway, she hears "Lexi? Is that really you?" Never did Lexi think that she would see Garrett again. Needless to say, neither one of them have lost their feelings for each other, but is Lexi ready to Love again and can she live up to the life that Garrett now leads.
I never thought that any book boyfriend could live up to Ryan Christensen from Love UnScripted. I can say that Garrett McKenna is right up there with Ryan. The only flaw that I could find in the book was that I honestly can't see where a man like Garrett lives in real life. He is so sweet and loving and swoomy. Yes- I said SWOOMY. The instant relation ship he has with Alexis's daughter Sierra is one of a kind. You can see where she falls in love with him and him with her. The relationship between them is just like a country music song (and the song that Garrett writes for Sierra is one of a kind awesome!)
At times, you want to ask Lexi- WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING THIS??? Then you read on and find out that even though she was in love with her husband, he was not the love of her life and it scares her what people will think that she is so in love with someone after 18 months of being a widow. Little does she know that true love won't ever fail you!
Social Media Links:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FeliciaLynnAuthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flynnauthor
Goodreads Author: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7122637.Felicia_Lynn
Goodreads Book Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18041315-tied-up-in-heartstrings
Website: http://www.felicialynn.com
Buy Links:
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tied-up-in-heartstrings-felicia-lynn/1116949273?ean=2940148595557
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Tied-Up-In-Heartstrings-ebook/dp/B00FAS3YI2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1379627473&sr=1-1&keywords=tied+up+in+heartstrings
a Rafflecopter giveaway





No comments:
Post a Comment