Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Omnific Book Boyfriend Smackdown


VOTING IS STILL OPEN--PLEASE GO VOTE





Help us by voting for Christian Wright as your favorite Book Boyfriend!!  We've made it through 4 rounds and in this final round Christian has promised our followers a surprise if he wins!!
  
Character Name: CHRISTIAN WRIGHT
Personality Type: Alpha and Protective


Author:  Jennifer DeLucy
Book Title: Whisper of Light
Genre: Paranormal Romance


The saying goes that all men are created equal... but Nicole Abbot knows better. Lacking the supernatural gifts of the Sentients she has known all her life, Nicole has lived with her nose pressed to the glass, withering beneath the guilt of her own inadequacies and the disapproving glare of her father. It's easy to believe that the universe has forgotten all about her, but things are not always as they seem. With the arrival of Christian Wright, a handsome but complex Combatant with a troubled history, Nicole is forced to question everything she has ever believed about herself, proving that sometimes, our most flawed perceptions are those reflected in a mirror. Jennifer DeLucy again plunges us into the world of lingering spirits, dark apparitions, and malicious vampires. But this time she takes us to the California coast where we get to know a new ensemble of gifted souls that are just as vibrant and endearing as the Sentients we came to love in Seers of Light. In Whisper of Light, DeLucy delivers exciting supernatural encounters as well as very human interactions that will both break your heart and make it soar.





  

My door cracked open, and I was mildly aware that a figure had entered my room. Then, he closed the door behind him and crossed to my bed.
"Nick." Christian sat down beside me, placing a hand on my back.

I considered saying hello. I even considered — though dimly — that it was rather unconventional to enter someone’s room without knocking. But I was still frozen, my head and my heart disjointed.

"Nicole," he whispered again, running his hand up to my face. It was warm. I shivered. "Nicky, I’m so sorry."

I felt myself breathing and concentrated on that, trying to collect the clarity to respond. "It’s okay," I said, finally. "It’s nothing."

"Nothing? Nicole … " He turned himself to look at me, taking my face in his hands. Immediately, my feet became compelling again. I couldn’t meet his gaze.

"Nicole, it’s a big deal. Family … they lift each other up. They care for each other, they don’t judge, they don’t belittle." He brushed my cheek with his thumb. "My mom … she would love you. You’re a lot like her, you know — kind, gentle. You take care of people so well. And you never complain, even though — God knows — you really should."

Somewhere, far away, his words echoed and resonated, but all I could make out were bits and pieces. His hands were so warm. I closed my eyes.

"Hey." He brushed my cheek again. "How about if you just say one thing, huh? Maybe just ‘Take a hike, Christian’ or something."

Say something? But there was only one thing in my head right now. It was a flash of images. "I’d been gone away to college," I said calmly. "And Mom was so excited to have me home. She didn’t want to be away from me for one minute. It seemed like a routine thing, you know? Just another cleansing. But it wasn’t. There was a black entity that had spun off a whole group of people. It was ridiculously strong. And it was smart.88

"She was wrapped up in watching my back, but that left her vulnerable, and the entity knew it. It must have been some kind of energy drainer, because it sucked her dry of everything she had. She couldn’t walk." A trickle of feeling was returning and my throat felt tight. "She couldn’t see, she couldn’t hear or speak for months. And then when she could … she didn’t know me. She couldn’t remember us." I pictured her face, empty of light and reason. "And I tried so hard to make her remember. I showed her everything she’d ever loved. I taught her how to tie her shoes again and how to brush her teeth, and I took her to see the redwoods … and … "

Christian gathered me up in his arms, pulling me against him so hard I thought he’d suffocate me. "I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry, Nicole," he repeated. "It’ll be okay."

"No. It won’t." I pulled away from him. "It will never be okay. I can’t fix this. She loved me, she knew me. It might have been the only gift this life allowed in spite of what I lack. And now, she can hardly remember my name! And Dad, I can’t make him love me. I’ve tried. But I represent everything he hates. I could never do anything good enough, because it’s not what I do, it’s what I am."

"Nicole. I’ve seen what you are, and it’s better than Duncan can ever hope to be."

"Christian, cut the after-school special bullshit."

"Listen to me!" he insisted angrily. "I know a thing or two about guilt, Nick! About feeling helpless!"

I shook my head. "It’s fine. This is just how it is. It’s fine."

"You aren’t fine! Shit. You’re allowed to get upset. You’re allowed to bloody well feel something!"

"Well, good, because I feel like a fool!"

"Damn it," he said, burying his fingers in his hair. Then his eyes intensified, and I could tell he’d decided something serious. I couldn’t conjure the desire to ask what, but it didn’t matter because there was no time to. In the quickest instant, he’d slid his fingers behind my head and was kissing me, his lips moving over mine in a fury.

At first, I sat there, unresponsive and empty. But then, oh, God …

I hooked my hand behind his neck, trembling and sealing myself to him, and his body pressed into mine, lowering me to the bed.

 


Christian Daniel Wright:
Originally from London, Christian was born a British Sentient. He lost his father in an unthinkable way, and now lives in the US with his remaining family. Mr. Wright is a Combatant Sentient—born with a soldier’s soul and a psychic stronghold meant to kill Vampires. He is in his late twenties, assigned to the East Coast Sentient Group, USA.

1.    What is your ideal woman like?
Warm, affectionate, family oriented. Someone patient, as I can be a bit of a handful, I’ll admit. But I mean well! And she can share a mirror…
2.    What do you like the least about yourself?
My bloody temper gets the best of me sometimes. I’m working on it, but I’ll admit a Combatant’s nature poses a whole slew of challenges related to my desire to punch stupid people in the face.
3.    What are the three most important things in life to you?
My family, hands down, most important thing. Keeping people safe, in general, is important to me, as well. And food. Food is very important. Especially Indian.
4.    What music is on your playlist right now?
The Beatles, of course. Coldplay, some eighties punk rock, some blues.
5.    What is your favorite curse/dirty word?
Bloody. I say it a lot, can’t even help myself. It’s been hard-wired into my skull from birth and it’s there to stay. Bloody motherland.
6.    How do you seduce and/or excite a woman?
The power of my very presence, of course. No, really. I’m incredibly charming. And if that fails, women cannot resist this spectacular face. At least, that’s what my mum always tells me.
7.    Where is the most interesting place you’ve ever made love?
I do believe someone would resent my telling this, but, as you asked so nicely…the changing room of a chapel.

To vote for this book boyfriend, go to Love Between the Sheets, find this character, and place your vote:  http://www.readlovelust.com/omnific-smackdown


No comments:

Post a Comment